Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Since the quarantine is cutting down on people eating fast food, in the spirit of this forum, let's talk about how terrible our diets are even when we aren't able to get fast food.

I bought a bag of chicken wings and ate them all the same night I got home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
also i bought a package of french's fried onions for a casserole and ate the entire thing in 3 days

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
Living on frozen chicken tendies every day here.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

I ate chili dogs with the help of some leftover chili

dessert is a light fruit salad followed by vodka until I pass out

mekyabetsu
Dec 17, 2018

This pandemic has done wonders for my diet. I’m actually cooking almost all my meals and paying attention to ingredients and poo poo.

But it’s Saturday night, so I’m eating pizza rolls. :discourse:

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

mekyabetsu posted:

But it’s Saturday night, so I’m eating pizza rolls. :discourse:

I stand by pizza rolls as a nostalgia thing from my youth. It's a garbage food but godamn do I love them about once a year. That said lmao if you get any kind of pizza rolls besides combination. Why get pepperoni or anything else when you can get the combo ones that have both lovely pepperoni and lovely sausage. Go hard on your preferred garbage foods imo.

I am similarly guilty of preferring boxed craft mac n' cheese over the homemade kind for the same reason.

Honky Dong Country fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Mar 22, 2020

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Fat guy checking in.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

The good Chinese takeout place is closed until April so I got some 50% off dominos instead. First time trying the thin crust. It was meh, I really dislike their sauce after a few pieces. Sad day.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I had to get pepperoni bagel bites because there were no pizza rolls left and only the pepperoni kind of bagel bite. It's sometimes shocking how hard this virus has disrupted my genteel life.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

TheAardvark posted:

I had to get pepperoni bagel bites because there were no pizza rolls left and only the pepperoni kind of bagel bite. It's sometimes shocking how hard this virus has disrupted my genteel life.

You can now, however, eat pizza anytime.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

food friends ESPN 2 has turned into ESPN Ocho for the day, full of stupid sports, including Major League Eating (tm) events! Currently on is the 2006 Johnsonville Brat Eating Championship from Sheboygan!

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Crusty Nutsack posted:

food friends ESPN 2 has turned into ESPN Ocho for the day, full of stupid sports, including Major League Eating (tm) events! Currently on is the 2006 Johnsonville Brat Eating Championship from Sheboygan!

Kobayashi won with 57 brats in 10 minutes hell yeah

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
I miss the before times

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

I miss the before times

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
it seems like just yesterday i was standing in an Arby's squirting paper cup after paper cup of horsey sauce

*a single tear rolls down my cheek*

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

from a pizza place that also has General Tso's chicken on the menu

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

TheAardvark posted:

from a pizza place that also has General Tso's chicken on the menu

Is... is 6 dollars for each of their appetizers actually a deal? Seems like they better give you a lot of each item for that

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
shouldn't fast food be the go-to when you aren't allowed to dine in?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Using this as an excuse to use Postmates multiple times a week has not been good for my weight or my wallet.

Like 70% of the time postmates is a bad experience anyway! But I keep doing it.

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
been making overfilled PB&Js on brioche and i've never felt fancier or fatter

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

tetsuo posted:

been making overfilled PB&Js on brioche and i've never felt fancier or fatter

throw a few chocolate chips in there :discourse:

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I'm on a tour de frozen breakfast burrito atm. I bought one of every kind I could find in the store. My first take away is that sausage egg and cheese is always the best.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Crusty Nutsack posted:

The good Chinese takeout place is closed until April so I got some 50% off dominos instead. First time trying the thin crust. It was meh, I really dislike their sauce after a few pieces. Sad day.

Dominos "thin crust" is a garbage tier "pizza on a stale cracker" concoction that attempts to emulate a tavern pizza type thing.

Dominos "Brooklyn Style" is what most people actually want when they think 'thin crust' and is actually quite good! but they won't sell a medium pie with it. Large only. Which is fine for true fatlife devotees, I guess, but honestly, I don't want that much Dominos pizza. I'd probably order more of it if I could get a medium brooklyn style though.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

CaptainPsyko posted:

Dominos "thin crust" is a garbage tier "pizza on a stale cracker" concoction that attempts to emulate a tavern pizza type thing.

Dominos "Brooklyn Style" is what most people actually want when they think 'thin crust' and is actually quite good! but they won't sell a medium pie with it. Large only. Which is fine for true fatlife devotees, I guess, but honestly, I don't want that much Dominos pizza. I'd probably order more of it if I could get a medium brooklyn style though.

I live in a place where tavern style, square cut, cracker crust is the norm, so I knew what to expect. It was just more flaky and less crunchy than it should have been.

Domino's best crust is the handmade pan. and when I say their best crust, I mean, if you have to get Domino's, get that one because it's the most edible.

mekyabetsu
Dec 17, 2018

I haven’t managed to convince myself that food delivery is safe. You’re trying to tell me that corona-chan can survive for over a day on solid surfaces, but the poor minimum wage dude at Dominos can cough directly into my cheesy bread, I can literally ingest it 30 minutes later, and I’ll be fine?

Nuh uh. Velveeta shells & cheese for dinner. :colbert:

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician

Crusty Nutsack posted:

I live in a place where tavern style, square cut, cracker crust is the norm, so I knew what to expect. It was just more flaky and less crunchy than it should have been.

Domino's best crust is the handmade pan. and when I say their best crust, I mean, if you have to get Domino's, get that one because it's the most edible.
Yeah if they get the outside charred just right it beats that weirdly buttery/seasoned regular crust hands down. Also they don't gently caress around with double cheese on the pan -

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

TheAardvark posted:

I'm on a tour de frozen breakfast burrito atm. I bought one of every kind I could find in the store. My first take away is that sausage egg and cheese is always the best.

The El Monterrey sausage, egg, potato, and cheese breakfast wrap with a nice bit of Ortega mild taco sauce is my daily breakfast. Fast and filling.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

mekyabetsu posted:

I haven’t managed to convince myself that food delivery is safe. You’re trying to tell me that corona-chan can survive for over a day on solid surfaces, but the poor minimum wage dude at Dominos can cough directly into my cheesy bread, I can literally ingest it 30 minutes later, and I’ll be fine?

Nuh uh. Velveeta shells & cheese for dinner. :colbert:

If you don't have any cuts in your mouth and you wash your hands after you probably should be. It's not airborne and can't get into your lungs if it falls into the giant vat of acid in your stomach.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Had a Sausage Egg and Cheese and a Sausage Bacon Egg and Cheese burrito today because I am extremely hungover.

Chipotle Tabasco is the best hot sauce for lovely freezer Mexican.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

I had a microwave beef & green chili burrito at 7-11. My last one was had about thirty years ago, and I loved them. They taste exactly the same - still good - which has to be some kind of commentary on either engineered food, or my ability to consume garbage with gusto.

Not sure which.

I eased my entry back into quarantine by presenting Mrs. Crap with a pack of Oreos.

PainterofCrap fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Mar 25, 2020

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
Roughly half my quarantine diet is alcohol.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

PainterofCrap posted:

I had a microwave beef & green chili burrito at 7-11. My last one was had about thirty years ago, and I loved them. They taste exactly the same - still good - which has to be some kind of commentary on either engineered food, or my ability to consume garbage with gusto.

Not sure which.

I eased my entry back into quarantine by presenting Mrs. Crap with a pack of Oreos.

When I visited New Mexico I went by a gas station where all the food was stuff they fried themselves at an indeterminate point in the past (although as busy as it was, it probably wasn't there TOO long) and you actually had to wait in line and get it from a person. It was good.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Rick posted:

When I visited New Mexico I went by a gas station where all the food was stuff they fried themselves at an indeterminate point in the past (although as busy as it was, it probably wasn't there TOO long) and you actually had to wait in line and get it from a person. It was good.

But you're talking about real, actual food prepared by a human with some skill, not a bioengineeered, machine-assembled thing SO GOOD

mekyabetsu
Dec 17, 2018

Resting Lich Face posted:

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

lack of fresh veg at the neighborhood supermarket has seriously impacted the quality of my diet but working from home is great for doing those more involved recipes. but in the spirit of the thread I had a frozen homerun inn pizza for lunch and it was great as always

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Resting Lich Face posted:

I’m going through my leftover wedding beer/liquor like whoa

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

One of the liquor stores (state abc system) in my state has an employee whose roommate is positive for corona, so they immediately shut down that store for two weeks of deep cleaning and asked all employees there to quarantine. Looks like the rest are staying open with reduced hours and heavily encouraging customers to shop online and then just pickup at the store.

I've been waiting for the whole lot of them to close down but they seem to be really trying to stay open. I'm not sure if it's because profits or because the state would prefer people not be cut off from their booze during all this lol

Either way I went and got enough booze to knock out a bull just in case.

mekyabetsu
Dec 17, 2018

Honky Dong Country posted:

I've been waiting for the whole lot of them to close down but they seem to be really trying to stay open. I'm not sure if it's because profits or because the state would prefer people not be cut off from their booze during all this lol

If you’re an alcoholic, quitting cold turkey can literally kill you. That’s why some states have classified liquor stores as essential businesses.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

mekyabetsu posted:

If you’re an alcoholic, quitting cold turkey can literally kill you. That’s why some states have classified liquor stores as essential businesses.

Yeah that's exactly what I'm talking about. I just wouldn't put it past them to not care about that and instead keep it open because profit. I prolly could've worded that post better to more specifically be talking about the risk of the DTs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

Rick posted:

Allsup's. Probably. They were recently bought out by a large chain, and people were threatening to boycott if they changed the burritos in any way.

e: Forgot what I came here to post. I made my own quesadilla. I, um, fried it. It was good.

ohnobugs fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Mar 29, 2020