Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

tetsuo posted:

Yeah if they get the outside charred just right it beats that weirdly buttery/seasoned regular crust hands down. Also they don't gently caress around with double cheese on the pan -

Resting Lich Face posted:

Roughly half my quarantine diet is alcohol weed.

Fixed. :420:

Breakfast = grits, eggs, and link sausage, w/ Irish breakfast tea because I don't know how to brew just one cup of coffee at a time
Lunch/dinner = spaghetti w/ ground beef, if I'm not too lazy

I've lost seven pounds since this shutdown began and I can't tell whether the lack of physical activity is causing my muscles to atrophy, or my eating habits have gotten completely hosed by my lack of routine (1-2 meals a day these days), or I'm just stressed, or the lack of access to oily unhealthy fast food is causing me to lost weight in a good way. When I first weighed myself post-shutdown, I was alarmed. Random weight loss is alarming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

very nice i like
Jan 8, 2020

I CANT RESIST SHITTING UP THE BIG BOOBS THREAD WITH MY RANDOM FUCKING MONKEY CHEESE BULLSHIT! IF YOU SEE ME, FUCK ME UP.
I turned a costco pack of chicken into thinly sliced pieces of fried chicken and made a plum sauce reduction to drench it with

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

AuntBuck posted:

Allsup's. Probably. They were recently bought out by a large chain, and people were threatening to boycott if they changed the burritos in any way.

e: Forgot what I came here to post. I made my own quesadilla. I, um, fried it. It was good.

Cool avatar. One quesadilla though?? This is the fat gently caress thread you know.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

AuntBuck posted:

Allsup's. Probably. They were recently bought out by a large chain, and people were threatening to boycott if they changed the burritos in any way.

e: Forgot what I came here to post. I made my own quesadilla. I, um, fried it. It was good.

Ah! Yeah it was them.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I've been sick the last couple weeks and stuck in my house with nothing to do but be on the computer and eat so I've pretty much eliminated any progress I've made in the not being a fat sack of poo poo department.

mekyabetsu
Dec 17, 2018

Breakfast today was an oven roasted yam sprinkled with a little kosher salt and a cup of tea. I enjoyed it way more than I thought I would.

Eat yams.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Ran out of pimento cheese today. Thinking about that spicy chicken sando from the Wendy's up the streat

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

mekyabetsu posted:

Breakfast today was an oven roasted yam sprinkled with a little kosher salt and a cup of tea. I enjoyed it way more than I thought I would.

Eat yams.

I just ate a Megajuana Tinga Chicken Burrito from Tijuana Flats. It's a Tex-Mex fast casual chain.

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

Hello I'm fat

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

super sweet best pal posted:

I've been sick the last couple weeks and stuck in my house with nothing to do but be on the computer and eat so I've pretty much eliminated any progress I've made in the not being a fat sack of poo poo department.

I have had the ‘vid, so I’m gonna get real beefy to celebrate my return to health.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Just ordered some biscuits and gravy from a local place. I googled pictures of all the local restaurants and this one clearly used the most sausage :getin:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

This fat boy is getting some T Flats again.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
Lately I've been into the double pepperoni suicide pizzas from my local chains. It started as curiosity, then became a thin excuse for supporting local businesses by my gluttony. The bottom of the box is absolutely drenched in grease. They are so loving delicious. There's more pepperoni than you could conceive of actually fitting on a pizza and so much cheese. The crust is a distant afterthought, a pale vehicle. Why not just send me a box of melted cheese and meat with a ladle of grease?

I have actual vegetables in my fridge but gently caress em. I had an apple and a pineapple coconut water for breakfast. That's healthy enough. I have drank so much whiskey. I am clinging to the edge by pure grease and alcohol alone. Every time I have to leave my house I just want to curl into a ball.

We're all gonna die. I intend to die under mysterious circumstances in a national park with a piece of incredibly greasy and indulgent pizza firmly clenched in my jaws. Give my rescue dog a treat.

Please put a little black plaque up where my bones once rested.

"peperony and chease"

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
I ordered in two platters over the past two days -- the first was HORRIBLE, the second was mediocre. You may be wondering how someone can make a platter of, as advertised, grilled salmon w/ mashed potatoes & broccoli that actually tastes horrible. Here are some tips:

1) Don't actually grill it. Boil it without thawing it or something -- that way, it'll be disgustingly wet on the outside and bone dry on the inside.
2) Don't season ANYTHING.
3) Make sure the unsalted mashed-potatoes-to-everything-else ratio is approximately 4:1.
4) Undercook the broccoli.
5) Pour so much fake gravy (read: water & oil) onto the broccoli & salmon that you'll need to drain it out in your sink.

I couldn't even believe it. Salmon is my favorite food, and I paid a lot for both platters (mostly because I'm giving deliverypeople enormous tips), and neither of them were satisfying. It didn't even occur to me that salmon could be this gross.

I just wanted a change of pace. :cry:

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

You got some microwaved Sysco poo poo. Please name and shame.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
I want to start by saying that literally everything else I've had from this place has ranged from great to excellent, which is part of why I was so shocked. I would gladly encourage people to buy anything else from here.

Angelica's Coffee Shop, 424 Church Avenue, Brooklyn.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
ive been on the phone with this same grubhub driver, in my area, for over an hour

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

TheAardvark posted:

ive been on the phone with this same grubhub driver, in my area, for over an hour

I ended up giving him a 50 dollar tip(max allowed ) after I eventually gave up, told him "yeah leave it there" and he called 10 minutes later asking why I hadn't picked it up yet. he put a neighbor on the phone and got her to give him directions. he was like a week off the boat and trying harder at his job than I ever have. good dude

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
Speaking of garbage food I got a giant fuckin container of Jelly Bellys and they've got a new Krispy Kreme donut flavor. Two actually.

Absolutely loving disgusting.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

empty sea posted:

Lately I've been into the double pepperoni suicide pizzas from my local chains. It started as curiosity, then became a thin excuse for supporting local businesses by my gluttony. The bottom of the box is absolutely drenched in grease. They are so loving delicious. There's more pepperoni than you could conceive of actually fitting on a pizza and so much cheese. The crust is a distant afterthought, a pale vehicle. Why not just send me a box of melted cheese and meat with a ladle of grease?

Can I get a photo of one of these badboys?

TatoPancakes
Jun 5, 2019

the brainwaves are thinking
Drive-Thrus over here are still open and thankfully excepting business, I have been to Arby's 3 times the past week and have eaten over 20 beef sliders. Gotta make the little things count now.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Honky Dong Country posted:

I stand by pizza rolls as a nostalgia thing from my youth. It's a garbage food but godamn do I love them about once a year. That said lmao if you get any kind of pizza rolls besides combination. Why get pepperoni or anything else when you can get the combo ones that have both lovely pepperoni and lovely sausage. Go hard on your preferred garbage foods imo.

I am similarly guilty of preferring boxed craft mac n' cheese over the homemade kind for the same reason.
There is / was a buffalo chicken pizza roll and I know that 5 pounds of my fat rear end are directly from those.

empty sea posted:

I have actual vegetables in my fridge but gently caress em. I had an apple and a pineapple coconut water for breakfast. That's healthy enough. I have drank so much whiskey. I am clinging to the edge by pure grease and alcohol alone. Every time I have to leave my house I just want to curl into a ball.

We're all gonna die. I intend to die under mysterious circumstances in a national park with a piece of incredibly greasy and indulgent pizza firmly clenched in my jaws. Give my rescue dog a treat.

Please put a little black plaque up where my bones once rested.

"peperony and chease"
It should come in a bucket with pizza sauce because the marinara sauce with the peps and the cheese is essential.

Make it a dip so I can use tortilla chips. Pizza queso.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
a sacrifice to the fast food gods

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

The Colonel’s new secret recipe fries suck poo poo. Bring the LJS batter fries to all KFCs and bring back the goddamned six dollar box.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

the background makes me hungry

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
Good afternoon, fellow fat fucks. :) I've been leaning pretty heavily on ordering in just to reignite my interest in food. It's still very hard.

YeahTubaMike posted:

I've lost seven pounds since this shutdown began

Up to 13 now I'm wondering if this is more E/N than TCC. I did order some Insomnia cookies though, and the chocolate in the chocolate chip and M&M cookies tastes weirdly off. The red velvet cookies are in the middle. The peanut butter and sugar cookies are A++.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Red Lobster is offering $45 dollar "date night" take out.

Sit down places are going to be dropping like flies after this.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
I had to run an errand today so I also drove through the Wendy’s drive through for free nuggs.

I regret this decision.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

I'm tempted. What does "around 50" mean? Do they have a huge box they just fill to the top?

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

TheAardvark posted:

I'm tempted. What does "around 50" mean? Do they have a huge box they just fill to the top?

I got the $10 popcorn chicken from KFC and yeah, they just fill the box full.

mekyabetsu
Dec 17, 2018

TheAardvark posted:

Go with god, friend.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I wonder how bad Wendy's nuggets would be if I froze them and put them in the oven at a later date

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES

TheAardvark posted:

I wonder how bad Wendy's nuggets would be if I froze them and put them in the oven at a later date

very very dry. I tried it

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Universe Master posted:

Red Lobster is offering $45 dollar "date night" take out.

Sit down places are going to be dropping like flies after this.

Lol and I'm sure it's like two small frozen lobsters, six meatless crab legs, two sides of microwave potatoes or microwaved broccoli, two onion-covered side salads, and two stale Cheddar Bay Biscuits.

TatoPancakes
Jun 5, 2019

the brainwaves are thinking

Rick posted:

Lol and I'm sure it's like two small frozen lobsters, six meatless crab legs, two sides of microwave potatoes or microwaved broccoli, two onion-covered side salads, and two stale Cheddar Bay Biscuits.

Are you saying that led robster is willing to part with TWO biscuits????

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

I like the burger cursor in this forum, thanks

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
just bought an air fryer to better replicate all the fries i'd normally be eating from restaurants :yum:

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
My friends have been pressuring me to move to a nicer area of town, but will I still be able to get lengua tacos and beef cheek tortas and really loving good quesadillas with slappin' rice and beans at 8am in that part of town? No. No, I won't. I work the nightshift, I deserve authentic mexican food at 8am dammit.

Oh, god, give me all the little lengua tacos, lime and cilantro you have. Throw some valentina on there, it's so good.

thetan_guy42
Oct 15, 2016

murdera

Lipstick Apathy
I hate to pass judgement in this subforum, but all the no ice soda people disgust me. The stuff is made to be diluted, so it's syrupy and warms very quickly out of the machine. The way it beads up on styrofoam is especially gross. The ice keeps everything in place and ensures a cold sip Everytime, why would you forgo that for a few more ounces of soda that's going to go flat much more quickly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Shoes
May 6, 2020

by Reene
My local McDonald's shut down with COVID and told no one about it until forced to so I've been avoiding the fast food lately. Almost through a while 15 pound bag if Costco Spinach!