Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Been noticing a trend in the online apps and coupons that come in the mail, they've all been offering better and better discounts. Many of which move back prices to almost pre-pandemic pricing. It's like they know they need to lower their prices, so they're trying to ease into it with coupons now or something while the lazy people just keep paying out the nose until they don't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

If you are a fat gently caress that likes Arbys fish sandwiches on the 2 for 6 menu order that poo poo now especially in Texas it’s going away.

It’s still going to be on the menu but at regular price.

Kings Hawaiian is still alive and well in Texas at least we have plenty of stock. This includes all the brown sugar bacon things.

Also your Mac and cheese bites are RIP unless you’re lucky enough to have a store with overstock.

Another day in the life of Randabis...

Randabis fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Mar 29, 2024

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Out of curiosity, anyone near a Pizza Hut all you can eat buffet?

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Philthy posted:

Been noticing a trend in the online apps and coupons that come in the mail, they've all been offering better and better discounts. Many of which move back prices to almost pre-pandemic pricing. It's like they know they need to lower their prices, so they're trying to ease into it with coupons now or something while the lazy people just keep paying out the nose until they don't.

It's more cynical than that, usually that revenue is put in an online bucket vs the store or region or district. It is to justify a bunch of middle managers who offshore the app development to India

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Colostomy Bag posted:

GET IN THE DELOREAN MARTY!

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Colostomy Bag posted:

I found a Pizza Hut in Lake Genva, WI last week. The old building, everything. I didn't go in and ask if they still had the buffet or not. Maybe next year.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

We had 1 with a lunch buffet before COVID... I don't think they reopened, I don't work near there anymore so I never checked back but it was pretty much identical to when I was a kid.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

We got several around here that recently reopened their buffet but nearly all of them had it pre-covid days.

Anyways, it is $13.99. I remember when it was $8 or $9 not long ago.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 18 days!)

picked up some white castle mini-bites..
looks terrible, but was curious

also purchased an air fryer

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Sweet lord. Please update with a review

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
air fryers will really elevate your frozen garbo game, good luck with those. also, they're gonna explode and get all over the fryer basket.

----------------

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

it will only have two flavors: ice cold or molten lava

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
i like those things quite a bit, but the texture of the crunchy shell is weird because they are more like the dry edges of hot pockets than the bubbly crust of pizza rolls. they don't really taste enough like white castle, but they're little beefy oniony bites and are good with some mustard.

the superior knockoff pizza roll right now imo is the frank's red hot chicken bites

unfortunately both these and the white castle ones also cost way more than pizza rolls

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

you can't go wrong with pizza bagels

----------------

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Cut your inner mouth on the hard edge of the pizza bagels

----------------

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

GateOfD posted:

Cut your inner mouth on the hard edge of the pizza bagels

the blood lubricates the hard bread covered by molten cheese and pepperoni cubes

----------------

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

my right after work midnight snack of the week right now is a hotdog.

a big juicy salty wiener in my mouth with ketchup when i'm tired, but don't want a full meal before sleeping.

also instead of pizza bagels.
i remember an old ninja turtles picture book i had as a kid, in the back, was a recipe for your own pizza, but instead of bagels, it used english muffins as the base. it was good.

----------------

GateOfD fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Apr 1, 2024

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.

Colostomy Bag posted:

Nothing would please me more.

Free Kyoon
Free SPR
Free cuppy tea

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

GateOfD posted:

my right after work midnight snack of the week right now is a hotdog.

a big juicy salty wiener in my mouth with ketchup when i'm tired, but don't want a full meal before sleeping.

also instead of pizza bagels.
i remember an old ninja turtles picture book i had as a kid, in the back, was a recipe for your own pizza, but instead of bagels, it used english muffins as the base. it was good.

BJS Weiner IMMWK is a solid username based on this post.

Another day in the life of Randabis...

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
The last time I got pizza rolls they had zero flavor, and the only thing I could taste was the oil in the dough that made them cripsy. The childhood memories of awesome tasting pizza is not there any longer. Just bland chemical flavoring.

I tried the white castle rolls a while back and had to toss them, they tasted like onion, and that's it. Just onion, and not even good onion. Just gross.

I have not tried the Franks rolls yet.

The roll game is in a bad state right now, otherwise.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
They’re expensive, but Crunch Roll Factory makes a good snack.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Philthy posted:

The last time I got pizza rolls they had zero flavor, and the only thing I could taste was the oil in the dough that made them cripsy. The childhood memories of awesome tasting pizza is not there any longer. Just bland chemical flavoring.

the reason for this i suspect is that there's basically no filling in them now. i bought some after not having any for years and they were like hollow bags of fried dough. i don't expect much from you Totinos but you still managed to disappoint.

----------------

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

I dunno, I finally tried the White Castle rolls.
I think they tasted very similar to the real thing. I tasted the beef and onions. It’s a bit messy though cause the cheese spilled out of the ones that arent tightly sealed.

At that point though, just buy the regular White Castle frozen product that’s the whole slider.

----------------

luv2shit
May 15, 2023

Colostomy Bag posted:

does pizza hut not have buefft anymore

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

what did pizza hut have at their buffet during the golden period, was it just a salad bar and breadsticks?

----------------

luv2shit
May 15, 2023

they have pizza on their pizza buffet. or had. struggling w idea of no buffet at pizza hut rn

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

luv2shit posted:

does pizza hut not have buefft anymore

luv2shit posted:

they have pizza on their pizza buffet. or had. struggling w idea of no buffet at pizza hut rn

I think that ended in most major US cities at most locations like 30 years ago or something like that and even then it was hit and miss by location at best. Maybe it's a regional thing. I never got to take advantage of one, but I think I remember seeing one once...

It might as well be a fairy tale at this point from my perspective.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
The buffet was really good. Salads and that sauceless garlic breadstick-pizza for apps, a steady flow of different standard-menu pizzas coming from the kitchen, plus the lovely apple and cherry dessert pizzas to finish off. A dollar and pound bargain

Free Kyoon
Free SPR
Free cuppy tea

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum
Cici's does a pizza buffet. I went to one once and it was good, then I went to another one and it was less good.

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
Sf Bay Area has mountain mikes franchise.

I think they all do an 11am-1pm buffet at every location. Probably getting rid of stuff from the day before instead of throwing it out.

They bust out a pepperoni, veggie, and a special always- like a bbq chicken or meat lovers. But they keep em coming. And the giant cookie pizza thing. Salad “bar” too, literally just a giant bowl of bagged salad. No breadsticks. Free drink refills and they have those plastic dark red or clear cups that you remember from 1980s.

Haven’t been to one since Covid but there’s a bunch around here and they all still have the all you can eat banner on the front window.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
used to have double daves pizza buffet here and it was like “what if cicis was good”. would always request a buffalo chicken pizza for the buffet when i was paying at the counter, then would hit their pepperoni rolls and some cheesesteak stromboli til i could dig into the piping hot buffchick when it was ready. dd’s pizza was pretty mid tier but their apps/sides were good and unique and the buffalo sidestepped their weak pizza sauce game.

a new one opened up here a year or two ago but i don’t think they have a buffet and i haven’t ordered anything from there because any one item costs more than the buffet used to.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Pizza Hut briefly brought back buffets nearby in like summer of 2020 but they dropped it at some point.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

Rick posted:

Pizza Hut briefly brought back buffets nearby in like summer of 2020 but they dropped it at some point.

Most likely a few minutes later when someone helpfully pointed out bringing back a buffet at the height of a pandemic is a terrible idea.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
The Pizza Hut by us stopped their buffet when covid hit. We used to go every other week or so. They brought out about 6 different pizzas in rotation, they had pastas (alfredo and mac n cheese), desert pizzas, a full salad bar, bread sticks, and maybe a few other things I can't remember. It was a good deal, and it wasn't a mad max wasteland of weirdo people like in most other buffets. It was a dimly lit sit down restaurant with mostly private booths that were extremely comfortable.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Most Pizzas Hut aren't even restaurants anymore, they're takeout/delivery only. I suppose you could treat it like a buffet if you go into the back and help yourself to any ingredients before the police arrive.

Nowdays the only pizza buffets are the rare local ones and Cici's, and who knows what you're going to get at the latter other than turning your digestive system into a waterslide.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

C. Everett Koop posted:

Most Pizzas Hut aren't even restaurants anymore, they're takeout/delivery only. I suppose you could treat it like a buffet if you go into the back and help yourself to any ingredients before the police arrive.

lmao

luv2shit
May 15, 2023

i love cicis. the mac n cheese pizza is the best. no one there has shame or self respect. u can feel very comfoprtable

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Speaking of pizza rolls, the same company made a nacho variety for a while where they were triangular with a more tortilla outside and mostly cheese inside. They were very good but it felt like they were infrequently made because they would appear and disappear from stores seemingly at random.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

The way I understand it, the Pizza Hut buffet was a money loser in the first place, that was hanging on by inertia and nostalgia alone. No one wanted to axe it and take the backlash from the loyal customers, but COVID provided the perfect excuse, and that poo poo went right out the door. Some stores are bringing it back, but it's up to the franchise owners, they get to pick and choose the stores, and the price has flat-out more than doubled from what it used to be. A lot of places that have tried to bring it back ran into the same old problem, it just wasn't making any money even at double the price due to food and labor costs, but like a lot of businesses post-COVID, they're a lot more willing to make a change than they used to be and are killing it if it doesn't make money pronto. There are probably a few stores where it does make money, and they will wind up being the only ones that keep it, and they will be few and far between.

I know in my time with the company alone, the salad bar was a money sink too. It took a lot of labor and attention to keep it fresh and up to food safety standards, required a lot of ingredients that were relatively expensive and used no where else in the restaurant, and everything expired fast so you were throwing a huge amount of product away, all for something that cost $2 with a meal or $3.99 by itself. I've been told servers celebrated when COVID killed it, just for not having a huge pain in the rear end to deal with anymore.

rndmnmbr fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Apr 4, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Yeah. I live in the epicenter of Pizza Huts from the past franchise king so drat near all of them had buffets and whatever else.

Now like I said, $14 bucks or so. Hell, I can order a large pizza for $12.

But is nice to have variety. If you were on good terms with your server, they would put in requests to the kitchen and plate a few slices for you before they landed on buffet.