Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

thetan_guy42 posted:

I hate to pass judgement in this subforum, but all the no ice soda people disgust me. The stuff is made to be diluted, so it's syrupy and warms very quickly out of the machine. The way it beads up on styrofoam is especially gross. The ice keeps everything in place and ensures a cold sip Everytime, why would you forgo that for a few more ounces of soda that's going to go flat much more quickly

I'm going to disagree with you. Yes the syrup is made to be diluted, and that's what the carbonated water is for, not the ice. Ice just dilutes it to an undesirable, weaker version of whatever you're drinking. As for the temperature, all that poo poo is pressurized, so you're already getting a cold soda. You don't need ice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Shoes
May 6, 2020

by Reene
I like that small crunchy circular ice

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

Your Shoes posted:

I like that small crunchy circular ice

oh yeah, like the pellet ice, that stuff is amazing. every place should have good ice. man, is ice everywhere the best thing about living in the US? might be.

Your Shoes
May 6, 2020

by Reene

The Breakfast Sampler posted:

oh yeah, like the pellet ice, that stuff is amazing. every place should have good ice. man, is ice everywhere the best thing about living in the US? might be.

It is quality ice.

thetan_guy42
Oct 15, 2016

murdera

Lipstick Apathy

Jose Oquendo posted:

I'm going to disagree with you. Yes the syrup is made to be diluted, and that's what the carbonated water is for, not the ice. Ice just dilutes it to an undesirable, weaker version of whatever you're drinking. As for the temperature, all that poo poo is pressurized, so you're already getting a cold soda. You don't need ice.

OK if it were a glass bottle soda i'd agree, no ice needed. but plastic and styrofoam just do not hold temperature, and carbonation does not like warmth. plus i like the jangling of the ice when i go to sip

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Jose Oquendo posted:

McDonalds mixes their soda syrup at a higher rate specifically so that the ice evens things out.

Also I haven't left my bed yet today except to piss, but I'm going to have to soon to go get the chicken fried steak I ordered. :yum: the sacrifices I have to make.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I wish that GrubHub etc. had a way for me to search for "the most meat I can order at once" because I am looking to eat some meat tonight and I need a lot of it. a lot of meat.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

TheAardvark posted:

I wish that GrubHub etc. had a way for me to search for "the most meat I can order at once" because I am looking to eat some meat tonight and I need a lot of it. a lot of meat.

You're thinking of Grindr.

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer

TheAardvark posted:

McDonalds mixes their soda syrup at a higher rate specifically so that the ice evens things out.

Also I haven't left my bed yet today except to piss, but I'm going to have to soon to go get the chicken fried steak I ordered. :yum: the sacrifices I have to make.

Wait you leave your bed to piss? Admirable, but mistaken

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I finally had White Castle yesterday. It felt like all the training I did to tolerate onions was for this moment because I know there isn't really any way to get them without onions. The whole thing kind of comes together to be more than the sum of its parts. I see how people can get nostalgic about, although I'm not sure I'll do it again since those are more onion sliders than burger sliders.

I also tried the chicken sliders and those were just bad; very dry. Fries were decent but I didn't finish them before they became too cold to eat.

I think they finally picked a location in Arizona that is going to work for them. right off the 101 so while it's not in the center of town it's something you can pick up while on the way to something else.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I just started using doordash. Not because of covid, but because I'm cripplingly depressed and lazy.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
I was originally going to post, asking why we don't have a Fatburger thread, because I've never been to California and I noticed their burgers have both pickles and relish on them.

Anyway, I brought up the website and discovered there's a Fatburger in Winchester KY. So I guess I'm going to go try that sometime. When I feel like driving an hour and a half for a burger.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Do not drive 1.5 hours for Fatburger

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I drove an hour and a half for Fat Burger a few times. More for nostalgia purposes since driving to FatBurger from like Ontario before they blew up everywhere was one of those things my friends and I did as a kid. It was either not as good in Mesa or just never was as good as my memory, which at the time I was doing this, wasn't that far removed from when I was a teen. It was closed earlier one trip there for some reason, so I tried L&L Hawaiian BBQ instead and that became my "I'm in Phoenix" jam until they closed in Arizona. I did just learn they reopened though in Phoenix so I will have to visit them next time I'm in the area. L.L. I mean.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

I don't think i've ever ordered anything else besides chicken katsu at L&L. Never really felt the need to

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

The farthest I've ever traveled for a restaurant is Raising Cane's, about 3 hours from my place. Was it worth it? gently caress no, but it did satisfy my tendies craving that my hometown just couldn't do right.

amaguri
Mar 27, 2010

halokiller posted:

The farthest I've ever traveled for a restaurant is Raising Cane's, about 3 hours from my place. Was it worth it? gently caress no, but it did satisfy my tendies craving that my hometown just couldn't do right.

we've had a few visitors so far this year and in three separate instances, Raising Cane's was on their "must visit" list. Truly do not understand it as a tourist destination.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

That’s weird, is it like a sonic situation where they advertise all over the country?

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Is the Carl's Jr/Hardee's Gold Digger series just an excuse to raise prices and lower portion size? I have a strong suspicion those are just trying to pass off sliders as a full burger and fill in space on the menu since everything there is at least :10bux: now.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Whats the go to breakfast item at Carl's Jr? One of them breakfast burritos? Or the breakfast burg

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
Breakfast Burg with a side of tater-coins.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I wonder if Zaxbys will ever get close.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Whats the go to breakfast item at Carl's Jr? One of them breakfast burritos? Or the breakfast burg

Ended up getting Wendy's instead, since they have that dollar biscuit promo. Carl will have to wait

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

In high school 5 of us piled into a very small car and drove 3.5 hours to a white castle as none of us had it before and Harold and Kumar just released.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

That movie sucks rear end

----------------

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Ended up getting Wendy's instead, since they have that dollar biscuit promo. Carl will have to wait

I had a Wendy's sausage biscuit the other day and it was easily the most buttery, salty biscuit I've had from a fast food establishment, 10/10

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

RETAIL RETAIL LISTEN TO ME BITCH ABOUT RETAIL
:rant:
I love going to a buffet as a fat goony neckbeard and getting 2 plates only, each merely half the size of any one of the three to four plates I see skinny people getting. Buffet owners think I'm gonna eat their profit away tonight but it's the skinny folks doing it :cawg:

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

2 plates is pretty weak, but theres always next time

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Before the pandemic it was incredibly cheap to get takeout at Lin’s Grand Buffets (freeway adjacent Chinese buffet chain), they priced based on weight of the food and I guess the assumption was that everyone who was going there ate at least three pounds of food because I could get a couple meals worth for around four dollars. This is what I would do when I would business travel to Yuma in a hotel across from the place, and I would use the rest of my per diem going to the movies or something. They have switched to pricing things out as entrees for take out which makes it more in line with normal Chinese food prices despite the food being buffet quality.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
if you get a fountain drink with no ice you’re a loving psychopath

----------------

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

indigi posted:

I paid for 64 ounces of Mountain Dew. I’m getting 64 ounces of Mountain Dew.

amaguri
Mar 27, 2010

indigi posted:

i'd rather have no ice than drinks that are 99.73% ice like most places give you

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
seek help

----------------

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
fill it to the top

pour it into your yeti cup or w/e

get what you paid for

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

RETAIL RETAIL LISTEN TO ME BITCH ABOUT RETAIL
:rant:
25% crushed or nugget ice for the crunch, split the rest 50/50 between Coke and Pepsi. Cola supremacy :colbert:

CmdrRiker
Apr 8, 2016

You dismally untalented little creep!

You're all wrong. I skip the soda entirely and order an extra burg instead.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

CmdrRiker posted:

----------------

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
but how much ice do you put in your burger

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

gently caress it I'll say it.

Iceburg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

CmdrRiker posted:

I do that and get a cup of (FREE) water