Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:frogsiren::frogsiren: READ THE OP, THINGS HAVE CHANGED A LOT :frogsiren::frogsiren:

Despite the Coronavirus canceling UFC events, the Goonweight returns!

The last season went really well all things considered. Sure I made mistakes with the tallying of scores a bunch of times that required some corrections, and sure the UFC canceled the final events of the season resulting in us having to EA Sports UFC 3 to determine the winner, featuring a glitch that had to make a match restart, but we still had fun. Plus the issues with COVID-19/Coronavirus and the canceling of UFC events at the moment has given rise to a new Goon project: THE GOON FC.

First let’s recap last season. Going into our final fight card the 1st and 2nd place were only separated by 1 point. However the event (UFC Fight Night: Ngannou vs Rozenstruik) was canceled due to Coronavrius. So to determine who actually won the Grand Prix we held a classic one night, 8-man tournament. It pitted the top 8 ranked Goons against each other in an AI driven simulation. The result oddly saw me win overall despite starting in 5th place, and requiring a restart due to the game bugging out and freezing, seen here: https://clips.twitch.tv/ThankfulBumblingLlamaPJSugar

It was good fun and we all enjoyed it so we’re reusing that concept. Essentially the UFC has most of its next few weeks of cards canceled. Tony vs Khabib is set for April 19th. In that time we could hold a few events and get some solid rankings going, or we can sit on our bums and bitch about a lack of MMA. We’re going with the first choice. So welcome to the Goon FC, a weekly simulated fight card using EA Sports UFC 3. It will feature 5 fights per night, 4 of them will have actual UFC people on them from the game (we may even see some UFC legends pop up). You will pick the winners of all 5 fights as normal. However the main event will feature Goons simulated in the game fighting over the Goonweight GP Belt (that strangely looks like the old UFC belt. Don’t worry it’s not a legal issue yet.). THE MAIN EVENT WILL COUNT FOR DOUBLE THE POINTS to spice things up and get us invested in the outcome more than normal. That’s right. Each week you can win a bunch of points, and also see your animated self hoist up the UFC title. The champion will always defend each week, with a new challenger picked at random from the top 8 goons in points (effectively a guy in 10th place could be champ in-game this way). Stats etc. will all be the same as well as fighting style to make it as even and also susceptible to chaos as possible.

Due to the limited number of spots in the game for created characters, I’m going to limit the created characters to just the Top 8 goons with points each week + who the reigning GP Title holder is. This will be changed/updated each week.

To help with your picks, REMEMBER THE GAME ISN’T NECESSARILY THE SAME AS REAL LIFE, use this rankings page and find a fighters stats for in-game stuff: https://www.ea.com/games/ufc/ufc-3/fighter-roster-ratings

NOTE ABOUT BUGS: This game sucks and can really result in odd bugs that freeze the game like in the link from above. If that happens, we’ll restart the whole fight. Whatever happens is cannon and won’t be reversed. I’m sorry if this feels unfair if your guy who is winning suddenly bugs out and needs to restart only for them to get KO’d in 10 seconds but that’s just the only thing we can do that is fair overall.

About the Goonweight GP

Welcome to Season 27 of the Goonweight GP! Every week you'll see a new UFC card posted, you'll post your picks, then you'll watch the show and have more fun because some guy you've never heard of can net you an extra point if he can finish this before the end of the second round. You'll have even more fun when the judges rob someone and you get points for that. It's even better if everyone at your party hates the guy you need to win.

A few days before every card, I'll post the fights on the main card with a FORM and a SPREADSHEET. Fill out the form (or post you picks in the thread), and then check the spreadsheet to make sure your picks are in there correctly. When the card is over and I stop being lazy, I'll calculate the results and post standings. The coolest people post picks in the thread and spreadsheet. THERE WILL BE NO ‘POTN AWARDS’ FOR THE SIMULATED EVENTS

As with previous seasons, there will also be RNG picks.

CERTIFIED RULES OF THE GOONWEIGHT GP

*****Picks will work like previous seasons, but be mindful the main events will be worth double the points*****

If you pick a fight right, you get 3 points! If you get it wrong, no points! Pick the round, get another point! Pick the finish and you get another! Five Points if you get all of em!

We will not be picking every show because some of these shows suck and happen on the same day as other shows so instead we are tentatively doing:

Tentative Schedule
3/28 - Goon FC 1: Mekchu vs LobsterMobster
4/4 - Goon FC 2: TBA vs TBA
4/11 - Goon FC 3: TBA vs TBA
4/18 - UFC 249 (hopefully)

OUR FIRST EVENT: https://forms.gle/vEMaFApRAqxsDMa9A

You can now view responses: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11PUYbXoQa2FoQ-8sbHgya44ko9xjmVWLBlHd9SVUZSk/edit?usp=sharing

But How Do I Watch?

I will be streaming the "events" on my Twitch channel https://www.twitch.tv/hendojitsu @ 1pm GMT+9 I have included a dashboard icon below the video player to show you how long until the next stream. I won't run ads nor will I do anything of that nature. If ads come up, that's because of Twitch or someone else.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Mar 23, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Goon FC 1: Mekchu vs LobsterMobster

Mekchu vs LobsterMobster
Tom Duquesnoy vs Sean O'Malley
Quinton Jackson vs Gokahn Saki
Teruto Ishihara vs Arnold Allen
Ashlee Evans-Smith vs Alexis Davis

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

This is gonna rule

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Mekchu posted:

Goon FC 1: Mekchu vs LobsterMobster

Mekchu vs LobsterMobster
Tom Duquesnoy vs Sean O'Malley
Quinton Jackson vs Gokahn Saki
Teruto Ishihara vs Arnold Allen
Ashlee Evans-Smith vs Alexis Davis

Mobster, KO r4
O'Malley, sub r2
Saki, KO r1
Ishihara, KO r2
Davis, dec

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

ironically also LobMob by KO R4
O'Malley, KO R3
Saki, Decision
Allen, Sub R2
Davis, Decision

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

I made picks, I just don't remember what they are at this point. Oops.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Someone whose initials are AM put in their actual real name in the form when making your picks. Please don't do that, and please DM me so I can change your name to your Goon name. That way I can put the picks excel sheet up witout accidentally doxxing one of you.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Mar 22, 2020

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
LobsterMobster KO R3
Sean O'Malley SUB R1
Gokahn Saki KO R1
Teruto Ishihara DEC
Alexis Davis DEC

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Screw you all for picking against me.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

"all"

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008
If the stream yesterday has taught me anything it's bet on the fighter who does the most spinning back fists.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Mekchu posted:

Authority figure is always the heel, you know how this works

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Mekchu posted:

Just restart it like you did last time to get the win :lol:

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

lol is that what the glitch was

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Mekchu posted:

I think I picked you for ko5. Gotta have the heels support the heels, I suppose.

Alex Murphy
Sep 3, 2011

1: SERVE THE PUBLIC TRUST
2: PROTECT THE INNOCENT
3: UPHOLD THE LAW

Mekchu posted:

Someone whose initials are AM put in their actual real name in the form when making your picks. Please don't do that, and please DM me so I can change your name to your Goon name. That way I can put the picks excel sheet up witout accidentally doxxing one of you.

My picks are in the sheet so I assume this isn’t me but given the initials just making sure my goony robot-cop name isn’t being mistaken for a real non-robot-cop name.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I actually was you lol. I saw a normal name and was like "uh...."

Alex Murphy
Sep 3, 2011

1: SERVE THE PUBLIC TRUST
2: PROTECT THE INNOCENT
3: UPHOLD THE LAW
Haha cool. I was 50/50 on whether or not I entered my real name in addition to username or some combination of the two, as my only recollection of making these picks was being groggy while doing so.

Great idea for the tourney, btw.Looking forward to this season as a salve while we wait out the pandemic.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Picks form has been made publicly viewable now.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Around 24ish hours from now the Goon FC 1 stream will start.

Get your picks in.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Stream is up, fights should start in about 10 minutes.

https://www.twitch.tv/hendojitsu

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Here's the spreadsheet to track your progress, keep in mind I have to manual double the main event matches to be double the points (i don't wanna gently caress with the formula at the moment)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RjO9yVT3aCylxaXTrKBUnf4mTT0dB9h3S2C8WDhPCrI/edit?usp=sharing

Results & Current Standings

Goon Heavyweight Champion - Mekchu

Next week the championship match is Mekchu vs Mr. Carlisle

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 07:16 on May 10, 2020

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Mekchu posted:

Here's the spreadsheet to track your progress, keep in mind I have to manual double the main event matches to be double the points (i don't wanna gently caress with the formula at the moment)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RjO9yVT3aCylxaXTrKBUnf4mTT0dB9h3S2C8WDhPCrI/edit?usp=sharing

Results & Current Standings

Goon Heavyweight Champion - Mekchu

Mr. Carlisle - 27
Drewjitsu - 14
Macksy - 14
HMS Beagle - 13
Mekchu - 11
piratepilates - 11
RNG POSTER - 8
CarlCX - 7
Alex Murphy - 7
CommonShore - 4
LobsterMobster - 3
Digital Jedi - 3
Memento - 3
Nothing But Hate - 3
Ishin - 0

Next week the championship match is Mekchu vs Mr. Carlisle

My total is off. I picked Davis and Saki correctly, should be 7

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LobsterMobster posted:

My total is off. I picked Davis and Saki correctly, should be 7

Fixed. Apparently I spelled Gokahn Saki wrong on the form which is why it wasn't registering for that fight.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Mar 29, 2020

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Mekchu posted:

Mr. Carlisle - 30
Drewjitsu - 14

Not bad for an out of shape fighter-picker. I'm coming for the champ, you're all on notice!

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
Jesus I got every single thing wrong

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Goon FC 2
Mekchu (c) vs. Mr. Carlisle
Cris Cyborg vs Ronda Rousey
Donald Cerrone vs. Stephen Thompson
Mark Hunt vs. Kimbo Slice
Jon Jones vs. Dana White

Predictions form - https://forms.gle/tZM1LcA7WCeJvh9P8
Submissions - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NXnNnSi2VPed0ZGDR07pdgBOY5_5t8C8BGbXFKcglow/edit#gid=526649651

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Apr 3, 2020

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

I am going by the logic that dana white is in a game about the league he owns as a muscled up superman, even against jon jones surely the arrogance factor would push dana's character to be programmed to be better.

Round 2 KO Dana against Jones

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Mekchu R3KO
Cyborg R1KO
Wonderboy R2KO
Hunto R1KO
Dana White R1KO

Let's see some people go limp

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Mekchu, KO r3
Rousey, sub r1
Cerrone, KO r2
Hunt, KO r2
Jones, sub r1

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Mr. Carlisle, KO, Round 2, because I refuse to bow down to the man
Rousey, Sub, Round 1
Thompson, KO, Round 3
Hunt, KO, Round 2
Jones, Decision

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Mekchu (c) vs. Mr. Carlisl
Cris Cyborg vs Ronda Rousey
Donald Cerrone vs. Stephen Thompson
Mark Hunt vs. Kimbo Slice
Jon Jones vs. Dana White

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I just want to point out how insane it was we never saw Mark Hunt vs Kimbo Slice and that's a fight that would've easily sold itself.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Woof, I think matchmakers had better sense. Hunt would have hosed Kimbo up.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
That seems like the kind of booking Joe Silva would have done if Dana just went out and signed Kimbo without asking him. Put him in against Hunto to be brutally dispatched, and then quietly release him James Toney style.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Picked against myself because even in videogame form I would be a terrible fighter but there was no 'match needs restarted due to a bug in the game' finish option

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Goon FC 2 stream starting in 15 mins - http://www.twitch.tv/hendojitsu

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

argh, dangit

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Goon FC 2 Results

CarlCX - 21
Digital Jedi - 18
Nothing But Hate - 17
Macksy - 16
Mekchu - 14
piratepilates - 9
LobsterMobster - 9