Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Mine was Cats and, honestly, the feelings of horror, confusion, and rage it caused were a pretty good summation of my theater-going experiences in my lifetime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Parasite.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
The Invisible Man.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Mine was Emma. An alright enough movie to go out on I suppose. I was hoping to make it Portrait of a Lady on Fire because I had been looking forward to seeing it for months but a few days before it opened in my area there were some confirmed coronavirus cases here so I decided to wait. It wound up getting screened for all of two days before all the theaters here closed down. Really hoping I'll get a chance to see it in a theater at some point but who knows.

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

Zia Anger's My First Film in what, before the pandemic, was supposed to be the last U.S. performance anyway. :c00l:

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Color Out of Space. It was pretty good.

I also got hit with the worst flu I've had in years two days after that and got better just as this whole thing started to really blow up, so I got a good head start on social distancing.

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
Miami Vice

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Harley Quinn. UGH

Number_6
Jul 23, 2006

BAN ALL GAS GUZZLERS

(except for mine)
Pillbug
Rise of Skywalker.

Kind of fitting since Star Wars '77 was the first or one of the first movies I remember seeing in a theater.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

Knives Out. A good one to end on, I think.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Invisible Man, and before that Portrait of a Lady on Fire. Don’t really regret either though I didn’t think IM was as brilliant as the hype said.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Birds of Prey

I KNEW I should've gone to see Parasite when I was debating one last trip to the cinema before everything was closed :negative:

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Underwater

man this thread is loving depressing. some total trash is gonna be our last movie going experience

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
1917, but theatres here are still open so I should go watch Sonic in 4DX or something

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Color Out of Space. Saw it in a nice little theater in Providence no less, which felt proper for a Lovecraft adaptation.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
I saw The Invisible Man which, you know, definitely a solid choice for Last Movie Ever.

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

The weekend poo poo was going real I was planning to hit up the local arthouse theaters for Come and See, Purple Rain and First Cow. Was supposed to be a good weekend. :(

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Khizan posted:

Knives Out. A good one to end on, I think.

Same.

Mine was ALMOST Midway though. :saddowns:

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

A 35MM print of Faster Pussycat! Kill! Kill! with a group of friends who were only vaguely aware of Russ Meyer as the guy with all the boobs in his movies. They were appropriately bowled over by how much it rules.

Also: all the boobs.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Deadpool 2.

I'm not really a theater person but both deadpool movies were worth it.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
Birds of Prey

I really don't understand why everyone is being a dweeb over this movie.
It was a lot of fun.
Bitchin' soundtrack too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VY2l7D-eR8w

RIP cinema though. :rip:

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

caligulamprey posted:

A 35MM print of Faster Pussycat! Kill! Kill! with a group of friends who were only vaguely aware of Russ Meyer as the guy with all the boobs in his movies. They were appropriately bowled over by how much it rules.

Also: all the boobs.

That's awesome. Where did you see that.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Jose Oquendo posted:

That's awesome. Where did you see that.
The Hollywood Theater over in Portland is my favorite place in town. I actually had tickets to repertory screenings of Mad Max: Fury Road and Freeway and then everything got shut down.

Still sad about that Freeway screening.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

The Invisible Man and before that, The Lodge. In hindsight I am very glad I got to see The Lodge because who knows where/when that will get released now.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Queen and Slim

I led a cheer when the cop died but pretty lame rear end movie otherwise

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Rise of Skywalker. It was a turd.

I had bought tickets for No Time to Die, but welp.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

wyoming posted:

Birds of Prey

I really don't understand why everyone is being a dweeb over this movie.
It was a lot of fun.
Bitchin' soundtrack too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VY2l7D-eR8w

RIP cinema though. :rip:

I actually enjoyed it, my comment about missing Parasite was more that I could've seen it before all the movie theatres in my city closed but I didn't

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Portrait of a Lady on Fire - I was talking about this with a friend over Skype and his last one was Onward lol

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Rise of Skywalker. At this point I’m rooting for the theater industry to get bailed out just so I can erase that from my final spot.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

egon_beeblebrox posted:

Mine was Cats and, honestly, the feelings of horror, confusion, and rage it caused were a pretty good summation of my theater-going experiences in my lifetime.

Actually same OP

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

:same:

Not my favorite movie of the year, but I’m not complaining either.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Promare, which was at least visually impressive. A couple weeks before that I caught a showing of Stop Making Sense though, and that was very satisfying indeed.

Segue
May 23, 2007

Portrait of a Lady on Fire and honestly probably the best way to go out watching a live action Vermeer. Plus the last scene will stick with me forever (which may be short in these endtimes but hey.)

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Aces High posted:

I actually enjoyed it, my comment about missing Parasite was more that I could've seen it before all the movie theatres in my city closed but I didn't

Ah sorry, I didn't mean so much here, just how the movie itself has become ancillary to any discussion. Both positive and negative.
Like, just a bunch of dumb arguments about sandwiches, outfits, and "earned" teamups.
It was just a fun little film, and that's good enough.

But yes, sorry for your loss.
The tension in the theater during the climax of Parasite... :kiss:

Arkhams Razor
Jun 10, 2009
1917 for me. Not one of my favorite films, but an excellent theater experience that probably would have worked less well on a smaller screen.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
The World of Warcraft movie. I'm okay with that.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

wyoming posted:

Like, just a bunch of dumb arguments about sandwiches, outfits, and "earned" teamups.

People didn't like the bit about the breakfast sandwich? That sandwich was gloriously filmed and made me crave one while watching

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Star Wars: Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker

I was looking forward to Star Wars: Episode X - The Return of Jabba the Hutt but it wasn't meant to be.

banned from Starbucks posted:

Underwater

man this thread is loving depressing. some total trash is gonna be our last movie going experience

I saw Rat Race (2001) a day or two before 9/11/01. I immediately realized that that was the final film some poor people saw.

Ruptured Yakety Sax
Jun 8, 2012

ARE YOU AN ANGEL, BIRD??
The Lighthouse for me, which is now feeling worryingly prophetic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Ruptured Yakety Sax posted:

The Lighthouse for me, which is now feeling worryingly prophetic

pfft I wish. I could use my nails to shine line sperm whale’s pecker