Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

For all that is/was wrong with the Rusev/Lashley/Lana/Liv cuck angle, (it dragged on too long, it is Vince putting his fetish on the public stage, the racist undertones, the homophobia etc.), one of the things that doesn't get addressed is how it never really ended. I mean, there was never a blow off to the feud with a definite winner. Lashley kinda beat up Rusev a lot, then there was the wedding, the *gasp* lesbian angle, then Liv is teaming with Rusev for some reason, then ... it all goes away. Liv is feuding with the Riott Squad, (and I think no longer gay?), Rusev, Lashley and Lana ore off TV and the world moves on. Let's assume you were into the angle, you never got to see it have a satisfying conclusion.

Also it was wasting one of their most charismatic, fun, and talented wrestlers in Rusev. But that is par for the course with modern WWE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

WWE killing or trying to kill smaller promotions is just part of it's business model. It's bad, but not ground breaking.

What struck me about the ACH shirt scenario was instead of going "Whoops, we made a racist shirt because we rushed them and forgot to listen to talent. Our bad, it will never happen again." Which still would have been lovely, but would have been understandable. Instead they went "It's not racist, only a racist could see it as being racist. Anyway, we asked the jigaboowrestler in question and he OKed it*, not us. So everything is fine. And by the way, he's crazy too." Totally blaming the victim, with the added fun times of "I can say it because I have black friends" style racism and blatant provable lies.

*Arrested Development voice: He didn't OK it.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Voting Lana/Liv because not granting releases, although lovely and bad, is just bog standard corporate behavior.

But with Lana/Liv, they had an opportunity to put forward a positive LGBT storyline, (albeit with two straight performers). Even with how lovely it was presented, from the wedding onwards they could have easily tweaked it to have a positive portrayal of lesbians/bisexuals on TV. Instead they used it as a *gasp* "lesbians are tittilating and edgy aren't they?" moment at the wedding to further the interminable cuck angle, and then dropped it and never mentioned it again.

So Lana/Liv was not only homophobic, but a missed opportunity, wheras not granting the release of unhappy workers, and keeping them chained to you is just corporate policy.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Saudi propaganda for me.

It's one thing taking the wheelbarrow full of money being offered to you by a murderous regime. It's completely another to then say things like "Look at how woke they are, they opened ONE cinema, and they LET women drive now. If only we could all be as progressive as this royal-born billionaire who ordered the death of a journalist."

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

coconono posted:

Then they issued a press release about the folks stuck on the plane "not wanting it enough" or whatever. Like goddamn they're your people on your dime and your time that you left there.

Do you have a copy of this?

Coz I remember the WWE saying nothing except bland stuff about "delays", and "mechanical difficulties" etc.