Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Liv said she's not allowed to repeat how Sonya felt about it in a PG environment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dell_Zincht posted:

You're missing no-selling COVID-19

That happened in 2020 and will be eligible for the 2020 edition of the NY19, I assume

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Peanut President posted:

What's the "Dijak Nazi" stuff? I don't remember that

https://twitter.com/NY64Tournament/status/1242604362834358275
https://twitter.com/NY64Tournament/status/1242604364767911939

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I've honestly just been voting for which I think is worse

First that meant Graves/Mauro (because bullying a man with an admitted history of suicidal ideation is scummier/feels worse to me than a bad booking decision or a planned racist gimmick), then Lars (because being actually vehemently racist is scummier/feels worse to me than a bad booking cuck angle)

Here I picked Moxley, because stiffing one of your best talents out of spite on his way out (which, it was only his way out Because they mistreated him to the point he had depression and thought it was a saner and healthier choice to leave than to stay) is scummier to me than a person being careless in-ring; not to say the carelessness isn't hosed, it just feels like Being Careless to who you're working with is a kind of hosed we've seen an unfortunately fair share of in the business, to the point New Jack's Vice documentary talking about a notable instance of that is next week

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Cerebral Bore posted:

There really isn't anything that can top literally doing propaganda shows for a country that's literally committing genocide.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

Was the Lio Rush situation ever clarified at all? Seems to me that driving two young black wrestlers completely away from the company would start to look like a pattern. I know Lio got a little bit of a push recently, but is he gone again?

Lio's last match thus far was last month

I posted about it in the WWE thread but he's likely done at least for right now; he doesn't want to/feel comfortable to compete during the coronavirus situation, and he'd rather focus on music https://www.forbes.com/sites/alfred...c/#66dd11167bfa

I posted about it in the social media thread but this week he's doing weekly livestreams (3 a day) with special guests from the indies, including wrestlers, refs, announcers, etc, whose schedules are currently free due to the coronavirus situation making their short-term and long-term future more questionable. At the end of each stream Lio will provide a link to the talent's CashApp, Paypal, or merch page, encourage fans to donate, and make his own donations

Today he had Joe Keys, Larry Legend and Shazza McKenzie
Tuesday he has KC Navarro, Brian Pillman Jr and Anthony Bowens
Wednesday is Jordan Oliver, Allie Kat and Kevin Bennett
Thursday's Jaxon Stone, Tre Lamar and Anthony Henry
Friday's Thunder Rosa, Alex Hammerstone and referee Odie Brown
Saturday is Darius Lockhart, Eli Everfly and Ariane Andrew
Sunday's the last day, with Tony Deppen, Alexander James and Ken Dixon

https://twitter.com/itsLioRush/status/1244669386159423491

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

As a queer wrestling fan I would have voted for the disgusting homophobic angle if it were against something that wasn't still immediately affecting talent

Sonya Deville being an openly-lesbian talent that pushed for years for a sincere LGBT-positive angle to be done onscreen, and instead having to see a shoddily, randomly done shock value angle with all-straight talent, is infuriating. She's still being paid though regardless
The Revival won't see another paycheck until mid-June, despite Dawson's deal expiring before Dash's, because they want to be signed together the next place they go; WWE hasn't paid either for 8 weeks now and is making them stay home the rest of their deals despite them being healthy enough to work now if WWE wanted it

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Hedgehog Pie posted:

Are they just kind of assuming that "the worst is over" then? Even though I just got a notification on my phone to tell me that the US has now had more deaths than Italy?

They're panicking over a clause in their contract that they've already broken (limited amount of shows they can provide that are taped; already exceeded it) and Vince thinks Fox has buyer's remorse

So everyone there is back to work and live until basically the plug's pulled or people are imprisoned/dead en masse

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

If a theoretical #NYCOVID19 happened what would the entries be and how many more weeks until we get to 19 solid entries?

Not Testing Wrestlers
Employees Forced to Work Against Their Will
Resuming Live Broadcasts (Then changing their mind)
Linda McMahon run PAC Promising Florida Huge Ad Spend
Not Informing Workers of 2nd Positive Test
Not Allowing Audience to Wear Masks
Wrestlers Forced to Stand for 9 Hour Taping
Mass Firing During Pandemic
Paycuts
Events Surrounding 1st Positive Test

What would you suggest?

"having everyone stand outside in the line for hours for (finally) testing when it's 90 in Orlando" seems like it should at least be an Honorable Mention

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Smoking Crow posted:

related to firings but cutting kendo kashin even though he has no way to go back to japan

He's back in NOAH as of last week, so things thankfully worked out somehow, but for a bit he was stuck yeah

It should definitely be on the list as a general thing (talent fired mid-plague who are at least temporarily stuck in the country due to it affecting their visa) because it was also the case for Aleksandar Jaksic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Per PWInsider he straight up thought the firing was as legitimate as every other one, he wasn't getting hired back, and he started filing for his old Rockstar Spud trademarks again because he was planning to go back to TNA

He found out last-minute when the tournament was near ending that they wanted him back, long after they'd used all his actual emotional trauma and that sob video (which he made because he was really reacting to him actually not knowing what he was going to do next in his life) for the benefit of their program less and less people watch on a weekly basis