Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

the Dijak thing was a completely unforced error. When your head of developing talent has a fetish for white nationalist adjacent imagery its pretty easy to let almost verbatim white nationalist rhetoric slip through. Which is a shame because Dijak's always come off as a real thoughtful fellow.

Kofi getting squashed for Brock is kinda eh. That's a thing that WWE does. They discard people who aren't "main event level" with a fierceness.

I only saw a video clip of the Hell In The Cell thing and its more just WWE doing doing WWE things. They don't care if you're one of the few people that still exchange cash for PPVs, its just another show to them.

gently caress Coery Graves. Mauro's kind of an obnoxious twerp tho.

I went with Dijak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Lars did that poo poo to himself. WWE stealing money from him is kinda funny.

Mike dared speak out publicly against the company and they did that to him and his wife. I hope they soaked Vince for retirement money.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Stealing money from racists is always good tho. And when racists rip each other off, well that's just the invisible hand of the market at work, folks.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

jesus WEP posted:

wage theft is always bad. like i don’t give a single poo poo that it’s unfair to him specifically, but it’s still super hosed up to fine someone for something they did years before you employed contracted them, which you also knew about at the time you hired them, specifically and solely for the purposes of PR

that's another can of worms. WWE's worklife policies are hellish. Their Wellness Policy unfairly targets contractors who are already paying out of pocket for their own healthcare. They'll harass you for taking naps but expect you to drive 8 hours nonstop after wrestling that night. And if you so much as show a semblance of a personal life that someone doesn't like, welp there went your Mania payday.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Dr. rear end posted:

Which is my point. The promotion purposely paid Mox peanuts but accidentally (or ineptly, if we're being less generous) failed to protect Kairi.

had Charlotte been trained better she would have recognized her fellow worker was suffering and adjusted accordingly. Its absolutely an institutional failure.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Advertising people are gonna be at house shows and then switching up the lineup is some poo poo I'd expect from Ian Rotten. WWE's contempt for their fanbase and how their diehards will always show up for more is absolutely fascinating.

the cuck stuff isn't even real cucking, its just bad black panic drama with a dash of homophobia.

I went with false advertising because the cuck stuff is indicative of larger more structural problems in WWE.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Cerebral Bore posted:

There really isn't anything that can top literally doing propaganda shows for a country that's literally committing genocide.

but they also do shows in saudi arabia

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Tyson Fury is no worse than any other professional fighter

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

STAC Goat posted:

I'm not sure this is conveying the message you mean it to.

no I know exactly what I said.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

imagine thinking professional fighters are good and honorable people. pfft lol.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Dango Bango posted:

I don't have Twitter but I'd vote for the plane incident in a heartbeat over the propaganda. Vince not only put most of the roster in jeopardy, but the loving coward bailed on them and got his own flight out of there while everyone else was in limbo.

Then they issued a press release about the folks stuck on the plane "not wanting it enough" or whatever. Like goddamn they're your people on your dime and your time that you left there.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

ARMBAR A COP posted:

Another Asian person saddled with a drat Ninja gimmick.

All the Latin American wrestlers in one stable.

oh I just assumed they made Samoa Joe the ninja.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Did Kendo have an apartment he was making rent on or what? I didn't really catch most of the story other than he was "stuck in USA" which is pretty lovely in itself.

And jfc the Drake thing. That's all I'm gonna say.