Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

Being good is never a requirement for playing with goons nor is it particularly important to having a fun time with this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

fromoutofnowhere posted:

Who do we talk to if we want to get back into this?

Look at my previous post a few up from your post. We are in a Discord. You just join up, get to the tile we are currently on, and we invite you.

DrCaptainSir
Jan 29, 2008
Spartacus
We took a Dinghy out with 8 people last night and raised chaos while our main base got bitch slapped and people hid from the big bad mans. Now we ran away and are rebuilding on another tile. Hopefully round 2 will be better.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

fromoutofnowhere posted:

Who do we talk to if we want to get back into this?

We are at Bad Games Crew Discord: https://discord.gg/MAA8nTD, just hop in, auth, then go to channel #last-oasis to request instructions on how to find us in-game and that's it.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Huckert posted:

Speak for yourself. I'm just bad and will regularly die to nakeds with beatsticks.

Game is fun, though.

Dont worry about that, not everyone is great at melee pvp, but gaming with goons has never had that requirement... come over have fun with us loving with everyone and collecting tears...

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

DrCaptainSir posted:

We took a Dinghy out with 8 people last night and raised chaos while our main base got bitch slapped and people hid from the big bad mans. Now we ran away and are rebuilding on another tile. Hopefully round 2 will be better.

It was quite an epic ride. We had multiple large guilds chasing our dinghy around the server in a fit of rage. A horizon filled with walkers desperately chasing us.

DrCaptainSir
Jan 29, 2008
Spartacus

Nalin posted:

It was quite an epic ride. We had multiple large guilds chasing our dinghy around the server in a fit of rage. A horizon filled with walkers desperately chasing us.

Actually a dude records most of our fun fights and shenanigans. This was the dinghy one. Also my favorite part was when we were running from all those walkers made the perfect jump then had a tree shove up our dinghy and flipped.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuX3R72LU0I

Video recording, many laughs and dudes bad at fighting are seen.

Also last night we got into some trouble that was only slightly my fault. We knew some guys that were allies of the dudes we quit being allies with were leaving the tile and they were dicks anyway. So I hatched up an idea to put a ballista spider or two up on top of a hill and snipe/harass them while they packed up to leave which they were doing.

Someone ended up saying in local to get ready for the raid instead of chatting in clan so I was like welp lets go now! So we got into position with one spider, while our 2nd one and Spanks with his insane battle Mollusc aka Bang Bus hurried in. We basically spent a good 20 minutes making their lives hell and blew up a bunch of stuff. Then the enemy started screaming at driss to come save them because well driss was the dudes that were on this tile earlier.

Basically what happened next is we left and then got mobbed by driss and some of their lackeys I think or maybe it was just coincidence. The guys that we fought that weren't driss were actually chill dudes and didn't wing or deck anybody that they could've. Just wanted fights.

Anyway it was a bit crazy for a bit but also fun. Always poke the hornets nest!

Also hey! Last Oasis is on sale for like 34% off. Not a bad deal if you are thinking of playing and want to come smack some mans.

DrCaptainSir fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Nov 26, 2020

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

now I'm not gonna say LO is good now

but I'm... glad? that I'm playing again

it's definitely better than before, for sure

Munkeylord
Jun 21, 2012
Not going to lie, after the first time i purchased and refunded it 12 seconds later because i foresaw the future, a dear friend of mine gifted it to me again. It definitely has all the spark and the plot of a bunch of 7 year olds running around on pogo sticks with a combat system similar to chivalry and some 1990 game i can't recall the demo of due to it being a pc gamer thing. Weekend warriors, midday warriors, full time warriors and loads of awesome fun are the result. ya'll should come play with the best crew on the forum, not because we are good at video games. but because we are good to eachother.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

The new poachers hut seems silly (in a good way) letting you steal tile claim resources from a radius

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010
Seems to really help with hard tiles you don't own. So the owners don't get a cut of your sweet work.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Usenet Magic-User posted:

Seems to really help with hard tiles you don't own. So the owners don't get a cut of your sweet work.

That's honestly pretty neat

also:

quote:

- Added Fiery Concoction to the game, a resource that's only obtainable through rare Wandering Merchants that specialize in dealing with ammunition.
- Hellfire Bolts will now require Fiery Concoction to be crafted.

This makes stone/clay very strong defensively.

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

Lots of changes for the better this time around. With stronger portable bases you see actual on-map settlements too. Little customized shacks for each person. Bases have a lot more character this time around and a stronger sense of community.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

S w a y z e posted:

Lots of changes for the better this time around. With stronger portable bases you see actual on-map settlements too. Little customized shacks for each person. Bases have a lot more character this time around and a stronger sense of community.

What other changes are good, i'm totally out of the loop on the meta so i'm curious?

I do like the idea of riding a walker into map and plopping down an actual stone base to just havest around for a bit tho.

Communist Q
Jul 13, 2009

Good Changes

-The resource grind has been reduced. Quality is much easier to obtain this time around as the tiers have been increased on most tools. For example, scythes are tier 12 tools and heavy raw bone hand axes are tier 5.
-Maps last for 25 so you can actually relax for a bit in between moves.
-The ability to keep a solid base on the map.
-More options for moving multiple walkers at once between walker packers and the panda walker.
-Hellfires costing fiery concotion so it costs 150k to 200k+ flots to zero silurs (the main base walker). This also gives small clans the ability to make money off large clans by purchasing fiery concoctions and reselling them.
-There's actually a real economy this time around, and you can progress by being a trader.
-You can get quests from the trade station. While the quests are pretty standard fetch and kill quests, it gives you a bit of direction and options.
-Tablets are a lot easier to obtain, and there's a lot more options on how to obtain them. You can even get tablets from the ancient city event map from windmills lootboxes.
-Modules are really easy to get. Merchants spawn that sell stacks of modules for 200 flots a piece. Most quests reward on average 3000ish flots.
-Merchants are also drug addicts that you can sell drugs, ammo, and water to for flots.
-You can duel at the trade station for fun (and profit, woo gambling) without any gear damage or the need for bandages.
-The grapple stun has been removed.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
thats an impressive list

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game
My god, if they actually turn this into a proper good game...

Munkeylord
Jun 21, 2012

Huckert posted:

My god, if they actually turn this into a proper good game...

It is good enough, think we are going to try and poo poo on some sandcastles this weekend

knox
Oct 28, 2004

Last time I was going to check the game out it seemed everyone had stopped playing already, cool to see the long list of (positive) changes made. Going to buy it this week/weekend and link up.

Jerry Garcia's Ghost
Jul 26, 2001
I wanted to come back but last time I got swept up in the "sand pirate" and my wife left me with our 7 newborn children and pregnant dog so this time around I PROMISED my wife I wouldn't do that again.

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I played a lot the first wipe. Still too burned out to dive back in. Think I'll wait until the next wipe.

Munkeylord
Jun 21, 2012

Jerry Garcia's Ghost posted:

I wanted to come back but last time I got swept up in the "sand pirate" and my wife left me with our 7 newborn children and pregnant dog so this time around I PROMISED my wife I wouldn't do that again.

Shouldn't be any different if you position the chairs for all 7 new borns in a proper formation. You can still hear all the screaming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Season 2 thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3952862