Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Arven posted:

Tile capturing was never going to work out outside of some kind of scheduled instanced battle that both sides got to join equally, which would also suck.

In my perfect word they would scrap the tile system and a module that just sucks up resources from the vicinity while deployed, takes a long time to undeploy, and makes the walker move extremely slowly. Then you'd get people moving around in convoys and encampments protecting their resource walker, and lots of fun fights of people trying to take them out before you hit the zone line.

Actually, that would work really well for this game. It is supposed to be about moving around as nomads and tile claiming really doesn't play into those mechanics. Their territory stuff should go straight back to the drawing board.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

It also means locking down a tiule becomes a temporal thing, you own it while your doing your resource extraction then move on or accept the vulnerability of people staying. There's no poing pre-capping a tile to attack someone else.

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
That's a really good idea. I wonder how long it will take them to consider something like that.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

The new carrier for walkers seems neat, called the panda.

nakieon
Aug 28, 2020

New Volcanyon map seems interesting, wonder what they drop more materials of and what the POIs look like/give.

Jerry Garcia's Ghost
Jul 26, 2001

nakieon posted:

New Volcanyon map seems interesting, wonder what they drop more materials of and what the POIs look like/give.

When does that come out so that the current 300 people playing can see it

nakieon
Aug 28, 2020

Jerry Garcia's Ghost posted:

Already came out as of like a day or two ago, but :laffo: :sadday:

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Jerry Garcia's Ghost posted:

you mean 200?

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Tempus Thales posted:

you mean 200?

Steamcharts says there's about 400 people playing right now and a peak of a lil over 400.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Steamcharts says there's about 400 people playing right now and a peak of a lil over 400.

That was the size of the main goon clan LIVERUPUCAMS.COM, when we first started playing the game....

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

Now's our chance TT

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Tempus Thales posted:

That was the size of the main goon clan LIVERUPUCAMS.COM, when we first started playing the game....

Evidently you can conquer this entire game if you come back

Jerry Garcia's Ghost
Jul 26, 2001
Currently downloading. Im going to ride through the new map on my bank walker. If I get wrecked by a clan, at least someone will get excited. might even shout in the zone channel what I am doing, for shits and giggles.

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
When's the wipe gonna be?

nakieon
Aug 28, 2020

Beta branch coming tomorrow w/ Commerce updates. Should be fun.

nakieon
Aug 28, 2020

So they introduced merchants that sell a limited number of tablets (around 15 tabs per merchant) for something like 5k flots each. You can do quests and easily get thousands of flots. This led to proxies already being built and claiming medium oases within 24 hours.

And Wingsuits being sold for 10k flots in some places, and whatnot

nakieon fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Oct 23, 2020

Jerry Garcia's Ghost
Jul 26, 2001

nakieon posted:

So they introduced merchants that sell a limited number of tablets (around 15 tabs per merchant) for something like 5k flots each. You can do quests and easily get thousands of flots. This led to proxies already being built and claiming medium oases within 24 hours.

And Wingsuits being sold for 10k flots in some places, and whatnot

Quests? Are they just go kill X Rupu type quests?

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon

nakieon posted:

So they introduced merchants that sell a limited number of tablets (around 15 tabs per merchant) for something like 5k flots each.

This sounds like a very good change.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Looks like they changed it so you can damage walkers with any type of ammo now, and you can pack up solid bases (im guessing that means stone) on the carrier walker.

Both probably good changes at it makes you actually able to fight and gives a reason to make on map bases.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
Their thinking that people will just ignore fireflies and small bases is pretty naive. People are gonna load up on cheap balista ammo and just destroy everything they come across.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Arven posted:

Their thinking that people will just ignore fireflies and small bases is pretty naive. People are gonna load up on cheap balista ammo and just destroy everything they come across.

To be fair if the small base is rock they need the t2 fire ammo to break it which aint cheap.

nakieon
Aug 28, 2020

Big fan of the changes put forth today except for Upkeep system. It looks like upkeep is not similar to Rust in that it appears linear (Rust has "tiers" and it gets worse upkeep as you build past breakpoints) and is about 1/3 of the base's build costs every 24 hours. In other words, every 72 hours it costs the same as rebuilding the entire base if you leave it out during that entire time.

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

I guess you always do have the option of just packing it up and parking it off the map? Maybe they want structures to be less sprawing and more purposeful. That still seems really high though.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Stormgale posted:

To be fair if the small base is rock they need the t2 fire ammo to break it which aint cheap.

This is still a survival game where "Breaking poo poo just because I can, and gently caress you" is common. I can't even list the number of times I've expended more resources than I got back in loot to poo poo on someone in Ark/Atlas/Whatever.

flick3r
Apr 22, 2011
The Silur walker is a base carrier, while the panda is a walker carrier.. Silur works off torque alone and can physically deploy into a huge up to stone base I think? The panda idk... Only water and torque in the silur, no gear slot no cargo, and no deployable hooks to get on faster that I know of

[new]Ancient City maps are merchant maps basically, they have windmills that you can fix, harpoon and spin up that turns a screw and brings up a possibly decent loot pile. Up to a couple tabs I think and carapice boots someone said they got? Not sure. The city maps also spawn the random merchants that sell the mods and tabs like was previously mentioned. Mods are around 200 flots each from the merchants. The rupus in these maps also apparently have a possibility of dropping wingsuits. I haven't gotten any myself but yeah its possible so cool.

[new]Volcano maps everything is scorched so ash and charcoal harvest....

[new]Meteorite maps have iron everywhere and bone frags on the ground..

There are auctions on tiles for boxes that you open and can have up to like 12 tablets I think? Maybe 40? I don't know the number but its somewhere stupid high. You bid against other players for these....

As for people ignoring firefly walkers and small bases.. Absolutely not true. My 1x3 medium wood base with small chest and basic tools was broken into within 3 hours of me putting it down and everything was cracked open. It was put in a hidden place inaccessible by large walkers.. and my firefly just got wiped by 5 dudes last night with wingsuits after they high block boxed me in.

flick3r fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Nov 11, 2020

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/903950/view/2943627152470063572

The wipe is happening this Sunday, November 22nd, at 5 PM CET (11 AM EST / 8 AM PST).

We have some goons looking into playing some small group PvP stuff. Nothing big and super organized like the first season. We haven't really decided much on things yet, but I figured I would give a couple days notice.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
Good luck goons

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013
Is this game gonna pick up at all after the wipe? seems like only a couple hundred playing these days.

nakieon
Aug 28, 2020

cmdrk posted:

Is this game gonna pick up at all after the wipe? seems like only a couple hundred playing these days.

It likely will for a bit, but it's going to get stomped into a few hundred players again because the megazergs are still coming back and they never added any real kind of capping on big zergs like that. No hard tile caps or anything like that. Uganda has 200+ members ready to go for example and will dominate EU and they are working on NA-East recruitment for their NA division. I believe the big clans that had the blue donut in NA-West are coming back as well so NA-East is going to be a big melting pot again. Should be fun for at least a few weeks!

Have Some Flowers!
Aug 27, 2004
Hey, I've got Navigate...
Good video summarizing all the changes for folks who mostly haven't played since S1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvFq13Wbu10

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Have Some Flowers! posted:

Good video summarizing all the changes for folks who mostly haven't played since S1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvFq13Wbu10

The respawn changes seem good, not sure how I feel about the focus on walker combat instead of boarding actions though.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
I've edited the OP to be more accurate about the game. I've also changed the 3rd post to list some of the more important changes of season 2 and how they fix some of the pain points of the game.

I don't know if we are going to revive the Live Rupu Cams Discord. We have no clue how many people are actually going to come back to the game and play. We'll probably just use the Bad Games Crew Discord and see how it goes.

Bad Games Crew: https://discord.gg/MAA8nTD

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

Oh gently caress yeah lets go.

Gold Leader will rise again.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Played around for a bit, the resource change seems good. I was able to craft the little base walker in about an hour completely solo with barely any tools.

You can use the convert into base walkers to make stone Encased torque windmills btw, as the foundation is on a platform so you can go out and down, making them tall enough

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
Tutorial took me about 35 minutes now instead of over an hour, so that's a plus. Performance is soooo much better, too.

nakieon
Aug 28, 2020

Are yall the hot pink/purple color clan "BAD GAMES CREW"? Ha, I think my clan ran into yall earlier tonight. I like a lot of the changes but holy heck proxies are expensive now! Just the proxy license is 100k flots.

nakieon fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Nov 24, 2020

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Day 1 is off to a great start!

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
We are all very rusty and as per usual not good at working together for gear. We kept winning even numbered fights but then double our numbers would roll in wearing baskwood and wielding sawtooth swords and wipe the floor with us.

fromoutofnowhere
Mar 19, 2004

Enjoy it while you can.
Who do we talk to if we want to get back into this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huckert
Aug 1, 2007

For the love of the game

Arven posted:

We are all very rusty and as per usual not good at working together for gear. We kept winning even numbered fights but then double our numbers would roll in wearing baskwood and wielding sawtooth swords and wipe the floor with us.

Speak for yourself. I'm just bad and will regularly die to nakeds with beatsticks.

Game is fun, though.