Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
we had great fun running down other peoples' walkers, but the inability to effective kill hostile walkers and access their 'safe' cargo hold basically makes pvp a waste of time until you get high tier poo poo.

there are so many throwaway fireflies and dinghies that are used as unassailable cargo in our territory it's crazy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M2tt
Dec 23, 2000
Forum Veteran

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

we had great fun running down other peoples' walkers, but the inability to effective kill hostile walkers and access their 'safe' cargo hold basically makes pvp a waste of time until you get high tier poo poo.

...Fire bolts are low tier though? Just going to assuming you're reposting poo poo from the official discord at this point sorry if I'm late to the joke.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

M2tt posted:

...Fire bolts are low tier though? Just going to assuming you're reposting poo poo from the official discord at this point sorry if I'm late to the joke.

firebolts do like 1200 damage, you'd need like 15 of them to take out a dinghy

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

1001 complaining about surmountable game mechanics completely ruining his leet pvp experience is pretty par for the course. Best to keep his red text in mind.

M2tt
Dec 23, 2000
Forum Veteran
Good call, I've had Avatars turned off for a while so the forums almost look professional at work. AKA the good old days.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwuXnElhadU

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
Sounds like 90% of the jankiness is just the servers making GBS threads themselves. Which, they have been making GBS threads themselves pretty continuously the last twenty four hours.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Hello Sailor posted:

1001 complaining about surmountable game mechanics completely ruining his leet pvp experience is pretty par for the course. Best to keep his red text in mind.

i'd just rather it be more easier to kill completely uncontested and empty clutter, we have like 30+ unoccupied dinghies in our oasis and literally hundreds of fireflies, i wish there was an easy way to remove these

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

i'd just rather it be more easier to kill completely uncontested and empty clutter, we have like 30+ unoccupied dinghies in our oasis and literally hundreds of fireflies, i wish there was an easy way to remove these

The hex will burn in a week but I get your point. Seeing dozens of abandoned fireflies and campfires everywhere is weird and kind of dumb. I assume most are there because people got booted during one of the many server upsets.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Comrayn posted:

The hex will burn in a week but I get your point. Seeing dozens of abandoned fireflies and campfires everywhere is weird and kind of dumb. I assume most are there because people got booted during one of the many server upsets.

we literally have people ramming their toboggans into trash walkers to push them out of our area into a giant pile, and it instead resulted into all the trash walkers phasing into each other and lagging anyone within a quarter of the tile length to 5 fps. if you get within like 100 meters the constant sound of the walkers crashing into each other and the wood particles causes your game to crash.

we have since left that oasis and pity anyone who goes there before it's deleted.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
I think I might finally be in... welp server dead. Owned.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

we literally have people ramming their toboggans into trash walkers to push them out of our area into a giant pile, and it instead resulted into all the trash walkers phasing into each other and lagging anyone within a quarter of the tile length to 5 fps. if you get within like 100 meters the constant sound of the walkers crashing into each other and the wood particles causes your game to crash.

we have since left that oasis and pity anyone who goes there before it's deleted.

Are the walkers from your own clan? If so, you can just sit in the driver seat and initiate a log off for their owner.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Nalin posted:

Are the walkers from your own clan?

no they're not, we kicked out a group of 60 from their oasis and massacred them so badly they just respawned elsewhere or straight up quit the game.

clammy
Nov 25, 2004

this server issue is the rear end of hell

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
I've sat in queue trying to join for a little bit but something is fucky because steam is claiming i've been in game 109 minutes. There is NO WAY that I've sat and looked at the login for 109 minutes. I'm seriously debating refunding this poo poo if I can't try it a little bit before I'm locked in, especially with all these suspicious login issues. Also, streamers seem to be playing no problem. Too suspect. I've also heard this game dev had another game they sold up to be good and then it just got ghosted off of steam and it "wasn't their fault," all the while this server issue "isn't their fault."

Pretty loving suspicious. There are a TON of people on the discord both blaming and trolling the company and then a bunch of apologists saying to cut them slack they are a small team.

Fun stuff all around, but yeah... I don't know. I won't be playing this again until it works for sure. Still burns me that it supposedly was in game 109 minutes. There's no loving way.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

vandalism posted:

I've sat in queue trying to join for a little bit but something is fucky because steam is claiming i've been in game 109 minutes. There is NO WAY that I've sat and looked at the login for 109 minutes. I'm seriously debating refunding this poo poo if I can't try it a little bit before I'm locked in, especially with all these suspicious login issues. Also, streamers seem to be playing no problem. Too suspect. I've also heard this game dev had another game they sold up to be good and then it just got ghosted off of steam and it "wasn't their fault," all the while this server issue "isn't their fault."

Pretty loving suspicious. There are a TON of people on the discord both blaming and trolling the company and then a bunch of apologists saying to cut them slack they are a small team.

Fun stuff all around, but yeah... I don't know. I won't be playing this again until it works for sure. Still burns me that it supposedly was in game 109 minutes. There's no loving way.

Streamers haven't been playing with no problems. There was ONE guy on for hours, everyone else was just playing videos of them playing during the streamer event or looking at the same login screen we are.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
We just break open cargoholds and leave the ships be. Making ships easily destroyable is a surefire way to make sure people ragequit, which means that a few days in you won't have anyone to hunt down. Right now our group can get by without gathering much just by 'collecting' tribute

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

vandalism posted:

Its a steam/streamer/dev conspiracy to screw me over! Normal post here.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales
Chadz is the lead developer of the game...

quote:

From chadz Today at 01:38 (CET)
for what it's worth, we had enough servers for the launch. the problem is just that 10k people connecting simultaneously revealed bugs that even our load testing didn't catch.

There is NO NEWS about wiping anything at the moment, please IGNORE anyone who tells you otherwise

Granted he is not the most eloquent community speaker...

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

please knock Mom! posted:

We just break open cargoholds and leave the ships be. Making ships easily destroyable is a surefire way to make sure people ragequit, which means that a few days in you won't have anyone to hunt down. Right now our group can get by without gathering much just by 'collecting' tribute

the problem is you can create 20-30 ships in the time it takes normal people to gather the materials required to kill one.

it's horribly imbalanced.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

the problem is you can create 20-30 ships in the time it takes normal people to gather the materials required to kill one.

it's horribly imbalanced.

not really because once you have the supply chain required for breaking open ships it's pretty quick

we just buy rupu gel at the trader for example, then use it to bust open dinghys and up. yeah if you set everything on fire you run out, but that's just being stupid. there should be an imbalance towards letting people keep their relatively low value ships because that's how you maintain a healthy population that's not just pvp gangs (who don't gather, which means there'll be nothing to plunder, which means you'd have to gather just to pvp)

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

most traders don't have rupu gel, and the shop is disabled rn anyway sooooo

i understand it definitely shouldn't be easier to kill things than to make them, but it shouldn't be so goddamn annoying to clear out structures and vehicles that are totally unused and abandoned.

fire should be A LOT Slower burning and burn for significantly more damage over the period, making it a great way of getting rid of abandoned garbage.

likewise, you should be able to see the weight of packed items in a walker, to see if it has a campfire in it or if it has a whole bank in it.

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

I cant stop laughing at how unbelievably poo poo this game looks in motion. Like if you cant display animations for more than two embarrassing bug boats at a time why not just write wheels into the lore?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Jimlit posted:

I cant stop laughing at how unbelievably poo poo this game looks in motion. Like if you cant display animations for more than two embarrassing bug boats at a time why not just write wheels into the lore?

just be advised i'm on the lowest possible graphics as possible

but you're right, they should have had wheels.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Jimlit posted:

Game actually looks good, the guy you're quoting is just playing on a potato which can't render more than 1 animation. Doesn't look at all like that on an actual computer with parts from this century.

most traders don't have rupu gel, and the shop is disabled rn anyway sooooo
i understand it definitely shouldn't be easier to kill things than to make them, but it shouldn't be so goddamn annoying to clear out structures and vehicles that are totally unused and abandoned.

vOv we got tons. IMO you should be able to deconstruct vehicles after damaging them enough, or once they're abandoned for long enough, or there's going to be abandoned fireflies literally everywhere (and scouting for wings will be useless)

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

how do you deconstruct a vehicle? i have literally never seen that option

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Jimlit posted:

That video is not indicative of most people's experience. This game is pretty well optimized and most people should be able to play on high, at least. That video is on low.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

You can’t, which is dumb

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

You can, on the build menu. Press B then you will see a button below to dismantle stuff. You can take apart everything build in the build menu, and you get some materials back.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

The whole ~1 hour or so I've actually been able to play has been a blast. Things seem quite well polished for an early access title. Unfortunately I've spent more time staring at a login/queue page than I have been able to actually play.
There's no good reason for a tutorial zone to require online play, just spawn a local instance or something.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
It's insane a 5 man team made this. Server issues aside, the game is great.

And the low-iron bone and wood thing is extremely my jam for a fantasy setting.

Arven fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Mar 29, 2020

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

very good game besides the server issues

i just wish rupu gel was a bit more accessible tbh

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Tempus Thales posted:

You can, on the build menu. Press B then you will see a button below to dismantle stuff. You can take apart everything build in the build menu, and you get some materials back.

Haven't been able to deconstruct the ship itself, just the wings/legs.

We got our proxy license and are up to 500 fragments, so I think after this weekend we might have enough to make a first push for a proxy walker

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Haven't been able to deconstruct the ship itself, just the wings/legs.

The body of the walker cannot be taken apart after built. You can deconstruct wings, legs and anything on the deck.

We got our proxy license and are up to 500 fragments, so I think after this weekend we might have enough to make a first push for a proxy walker

That's great, its going to take a quite a lot of materials to build that thing...

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Figured as much. Right now our main bottlenecks are bone splinters and surprisingly enough, water. Need a lot of water for bone glue, which is used in almost everything. We got 2 windmills running though we haven't found a torque belt yet, we're storing that poo poo in torque batteries now.

Cattails stopped being a limited factor once we got scythes. One run down the river is 200-300 of the things. The proxy walker itself is pretty cheap to build, though the sheer quantity of wood might suck without better axes. The nomad cloth is npnp though.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
I haven't been able to play for 2 days now. Never, ever safe logout and go back to the lobby. If you are in the lobby you will never be able to play this game again. Practically half our clan just sits in the lobby all day long bitching at the devs.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Water gets easy once Hard opens up and you can stomper corn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

yall poor we have several bank walkers full of poo poo even though 80% of us can't login

the issue being is we have 15 people who have all maxxed out their fragment tree instead of stockpiling for the proxy walker....