Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Hur dur dur update fart set butt = 2 * butt where butt < 1???????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
You tell 'em

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

That's what you get for not hailing to the chimp!

Edit: In, thanks!

LeafHouse fucked around with this message at 20:03 on May 22, 2020

ChromiumCrush
Sep 6, 2010
I'm having an issue where I can't get my Walker's out of the Misty Highlands lobby.

In map view the left says No Walkers. I can see what I think is my walker on the right but clicking/holding mouse on it doesn't do anything.

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
You gotta find it in the lower left menu and embark there.

shit is weak
May 17, 2008

Slaw doggin' it

NaanViolence posted:

You gotta find it in the lower left menu and embark there.

I'm having the same issue.

I can click the 'Walkers in Lobby' Button but it stays on trading info:
https://imgur.com/a/HICbvmq

shit is weak fucked around with this message at 19:50 on May 9, 2020

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

poo poo is weak posted:

I'm having the same issue.

I can click the 'Walkers in Lobby' Button but it stays on trading info:
https://imgur.com/a/HICbvmq

You have to spawn on the map then move to the edge of the map and enter the lobby that way

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
I've heard there's a server desync thing going around that deletes all your stuff and the way to fix it is that if you log in and your stuff is all gone, stay logged in until the server resyncs and restores your crap, cause if you log out with nothing it saves your character state as having nothing and actually DOES delete all your stuff permanently

Jerry Garcia's Ghost
Jul 26, 2001
Hey guys, uh totally not a spy here but who are we attacking tonight? And if you get suspicious for any reason, this is totally my name in-game!

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

https://www.reddit.com/r/lastoasis/comments/ghw4vd/liverupucamscom_are_elite/

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
After playing for two weeks I hate to say it but don't buy this game.

The core gameplay is fun, but this game is probably the worst zerging game out there.

Each tile can hold around 100 people and the tile is controlled by a proxy walker that has a vulnerability timer. Now say your clan is all on at 8pm each night and that is when your vulnerability is up. Sounds good right? Nope.

The biggest 2 clans will just fill up the population cap on your tile hours ahead of time so you can't even spawn in to defend your tile. That's it. No fight and no way to defend unless you have enough people to fill the population cap for 12+ hours.

Let me say again I really enjoy the basics of the game, but there is just no point if you can't even fight.

As usual, goons are always amazing to play with.

Aertuun
Dec 18, 2012

We haven't had an issue yet with people capping out our tile, but it will happen sometime in the future I'm sure.

Our main zerging issue is that anyone anywhere in the world can spawn on a friendly walker. So if we attack a lone walker with one person on it, we have about 60-90 seconds before we're fighting 9+ people. As a small clan we have to bring everyone online just to keep a lid on that. However we don't have time to break into them, as unless we go full ham with fire arrows at least two reinforcement walkers arrive within a few minutes.

Every single walker we encounter has this kind of defense, as all the big zergs are sat around bored looking for people to fight. All the smaller clans have now quit (at least in the EU), other than us it seems.

The other major issue is that we have everything we'd ever need other than tablets and rupu gel

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Clown cars and queuing issues are definitely big problems. But they are solvable ones, and thus far I have faith in the dev team.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
They are going to be introducing servers with clan size limits fairly soon so that may help with the zerging issues. That said, two of the largest mega tribes in the game have decided they want to destroy us right now. We are probably going to lose our most hardcore PvE farmers, but we will now be able to have a ton of PvP fights as we grief the poo poo out of the mega tribes.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
Game is good. Like legit good. Not broken ironic goon game good. Legit good. It's early access, some stuff is imbalanced,. etc.. Regardless, we have a loving awesome group of goons to play with and it's just plain fun to play. Currently we're doing guerrilla warfare since our main tile was taken by a clan 1000x our size and it took them weeks to finally run us out and the shear fact we held off so long is legendary. Like I actually login to play because I want to, like when is the last time you played a game just because you wanted to, no other reason?

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
The zone destruction and new zone spawning began today. No more squatting in the same place hoarding up giant stockpiles. It should make the game a lot more interesting.

Ossipago posted:

Like I actually login to play because I want to, like when is the last time you played a game just because you wanted to, no other reason?

Hey I like this game this comment does not take away from your assertion that the game is good but reevaluate your relationship with video games.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Are there private servers yet? I have no interest in playing this game on official servers with or alongside mega-clans.

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

GoGoGadget posted:

Are there private servers yet? I have no interest in playing this game on official servers with or alongside mega-clans.

They launched private servers but this game seems like it would be incredibly boring without the over world.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Don't the private servers have the capability to have multiple tiles?

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
Only if you rent multiple servers and cluster them together, atlas-style

But since it's done through Nitrado, probably no one will actually do that, because the kind of person willing to drop hundreds of dollars a month on a private cluster is already going to be aware of how fuckin terrible Nitrado is

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon

Comrayn posted:

Hey I like this game this comment does not take away from your assertion that the game is good but reevaluate your relationship with video games.

Haha fair point. This is why I quit most MMOs, they start to feel like a chore, gotta login to do my dailies for the thousandth time... etc.. When that happens it's time to go.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Ad by Khad posted:

Only if you rent multiple servers and cluster them together, atlas-style

But since it's done through Nitrado, probably no one will actually do that, because the kind of person willing to drop hundreds of dollars a month on a private cluster is already going to be aware of how fuckin terrible Nitrado is

Guess you're right, I just looked at the community server list to see what was available and....there isn't a single one.

Edit: Oh, nevermind...they are just pre-orders right now...

GoGoGadget fucked around with this message at 12:20 on May 22, 2020

ChromiumCrush
Sep 6, 2010

Raged posted:

After playing for two weeks I hate to say it but don't buy this game.

The core gameplay is fun, but this game is probably the worst zerging game out there.

Each tile can hold around 100 people and the tile is controlled by a proxy walker that has a vulnerability timer. Now say your clan is all on at 8pm each night and that is when your vulnerability is up. Sounds good right? Nope.

The biggest 2 clans will just fill up the population cap on your tile hours ahead of time so you can't even spawn in to defend your tile. That's it. No fight and no way to defend unless you have enough people to fill the population cap for 12+ hours.

Let me say again I really enjoy the basics of the game, but there is just no point if you can't even fight.

As usual, goons are always amazing to play with.

I'm pretty much done after being purged from the guild for going afk for a week.

motorocker
Dec 23, 2013

Soiled Meat

ChromiumCrush posted:

I'm pretty much done after being purged from the guild for going afk for a week.

computer

Chemical_Ali
Sep 30, 2005

War Criminal
Is there at least a small group of actives left? Thinking about coming back to the game.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Chemical_Ali posted:

Is there at least a small group of actives left? Thinking about coming back to the game.

Yeah, there is a good number of people who still play.
Use this invite link: https://discord.gg/a3yfA9A

Adadad
May 16, 2008

ChromiumCrush posted:

What was your in game name?

ZexyWizard89
Apr 18, 2020

GoGoGadget posted:

Don't the private servers have the capability to have multiple tiles?

From my understanding the private servers rentable are "per tile" and does not include Iron. We do have a member of our company who has a private server up and running with a 10x resource gather to play with.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

ZexyWizard89 posted:

From my understanding the private servers rentable are "per tile" and does not include Iron. We do have a member of our company who has a private server up and running with a 10x resource gather to play with.

Kind of dumb, but I'll have to check it out anyway.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Chemical_Ali posted:

We are pretty good group not exactly small in size, but not huge eigher... Who were you in our clan?

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Tempus Thales posted:

We are pretty good group not exactly small in size, but not huge eigher... Who were you in our clan?

I think he was in Baka.

ashrum3
Feb 16, 2019
me and sparrow been playing for about a week loving it just need some more time and stuff lol see you all out there

ashrum3
Feb 16, 2019
hi all i just started play last Last Oasis this past week figured i post here me and sparrow are both playing it seam like alot of fun

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Nalin posted:

I think he was in Baka.

RIP

Luitpold
Aug 2, 2009
Talking of excrement ...
Are you guys still marching on?

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
dead game?

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
Game is fine. These games are always best right at launch if you want to play it as an mmo, and we're past that now. Goons and a lot of other people played the crap out of it for the first couple months and folks are starting to take breaks. It's actually a pretty good time to solo since there's drastically fewer pirate clans and griefers roving around right now. Devs are still releasing good updates slowly but surely. New map and new walker are both cool. If you want large scale pvp this instant then the goon clan isn't what you're looking for though. Once more content has been added and there's an actual endgame loop expect a little resurgence.

The desert aesthetic really lends itself to a low population survival game. I hope the pop increases for the devs sake and because I want more content, but I'm kind of digging the lone wastelander feel right now.

Jerry Garcia's Ghost
Jul 26, 2001

Ossipago posted:

Game is fine. These games are always best right at launch if you want to play it as an mmo, and we're past that now. Goons and a lot of other people played the crap out of it for the first couple months and folks are starting to take breaks. It's actually a pretty good time to solo since there's drastically fewer pirate clans and griefers roving around right now. Devs are still releasing good updates slowly but surely. New map and new walker are both cool. If you want large scale pvp this instant then the goon clan isn't what you're looking for though. Once more content has been added and there's an actual endgame loop expect a little resurgence.

The desert aesthetic really lends itself to a low population survival game. I hope the pop increases for the devs sake and because I want more content, but I'm kind of digging the lone wastelander feel right now.

So you can break your base out without fear of getting ganked these days? Can you go into a meteor crash site and clean up without being ganked?

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon

Jerry Garcia's Ghost posted:

So you can break your base out without fear of getting ganked these days? Can you go into a meteor crash site and clean up without being ganked?

More so than in the past. It's generally best to have two bases. One for higher value/time consuming items that you keep relatively small and can unpack/deposit/withdraw/pack within the temporary protective bubble you get when zoning in, and have that in a dedicated bank walker you likewise only use to pop in/out of zones, and another base for crafting that you unpack for longer intervals if things look safe. Though honestly the game encourages you to craft on walkers and keep moving. On a mollusk you can fit one of every type of crafting station (put the higher value ones inside) and be running jobs as you drive around, and this setup is super cheap to get started solo. You can also graduate to bigger walkers with more stations but that's going to work better with a buddy or two. You really only need a big crafting base deployed for larger group projects, and for those you're going to team up with folks and provide protection.

Anyway, it's still a risk and will vary zone to zone, but if you play it smart you can get away with a lot more than you used to.

Meteor tiles can be soloed fairly well these days but you need to be quick in/out and pick your battles. The general setup is a spider walker and disposable gear, deposit ore frequently and first sign of trouble do a safe logout of the walker to start the timer and then kite the enemy away on foot until the walker logs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Game is dead. Hit sub 1k players.