Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
They don’t need to wipe it and people are going to be hilariously salty when they decide they’re not going to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

Arven posted:

What is it between this and M&B with people returning the game while explicitly stating they're going to buy it again later? Why? Just keep it and play it when it works, JFC.

It'll probably go on sale later, allowing a person who refunded to get it back for less

sushibandit posted:

This is why all games should have a tutorial mode that runs locally, even if it's highly slimmed down and nothing you do in that mode is transferred up to the live server unless they can maintain a connection to validate what you're doing in the tutorial. What little I was able to play was a blast, so I'll definitely be keeping an eye on their progress over the next week.

First game I ever saw that had this was everquest back in 1999 - they dropped it a couple years later but it was weird-but-cool for its time

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Ad by Khad posted:

It'll probably go on sale later, allowing a person who refunded to get it back for less

The early access price is a discounted price. You'd have to wait for a while after release to get it on sale, let alone at a discount lower than the current one. Assuming the game both makes it to release and doesn't quickly get shunted into maintenance mode, of course. Wouldn't be the first promising early access game to do either of those things, nor the first such game for this developer.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
Some people do wait a while, and some developers don't wait a while. Atlas was 50% off not even 3 months after hitting steam, and 75% off a few months after that (and then only 20% off for season 3, they went back and forth)

I hope for my goon friends' sakes this game turns out a hell of a lot better than Atlas did, I'm just using the example

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
nobody who cares that much about 10 bux posts on this dead rear end forum

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
The game is really, really fun, so I don't care enough about refunding the game for 1 week and then buying it again when it is $5 more expensive. I'll be playing it again on launch anyways. I also don't really care that much if we have a wipe or not. We had a lot of people in our clan who could still play during that time and they farmed up a lot of gear and resources, so we would be at an advantage if they didn't wipe.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
either there's a wipe and we'll just stomp the EU zone we spawn in again or there's no wipe and we're 1-2 days from building a proxy walker

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

I think anyone who wants a break after login issues and wants to refund or not is super valid and I respect you, you go have fun with M&B and stuff :)

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Latest update:

Donkey Crew posted:

An update we wanted to share: we have narrowed down the root cause of the problem. Working towards a fix will still take some time.

When everything is solved, we intend to release a technical postmortem for other developers to check out, in hopes of helping them avoid running into similar issues.

The entire team wants to say a huge thank you to all those who offered their help in any way. It means a lot to see how passionate you are about Last Oasis!
It sounds like they are saying that there won't really be a chance that they will fix it early, but it also doesn't sound like they think it will take longer than the week. Well, we had a whole bunch of smart backend developer goons who collected data and theorized what went wrong so a technical postmortem will be a fun thing to read. It will be amusing if those goons got it right.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

please knock Mom! posted:

They don’t need to wipe it and people are going to be hilariously salty when they decide they’re not going to

just a reminder there are hundreds of thousands of duped fragments out there, the game needs a wipe or the duping groups are just gonna unlock everything when the servers come back out.

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

So despite the godawful launch I still think some credit is warranted to us goons for telling the devs to hold off on the release and make the game/balance better first: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjK3UYhOp20&t=112s

Adadad
May 16, 2008
So when do we get to finally defeat the log in boss and go back to farming cattails anyway?

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Adadad posted:

So when do we get to finally defeat the log in boss and go back to farming cattails anyway?

Hopefully soon. They brought the servers back online for 2-3 hours yesterday for the old beta testers to flock into them and stress them out. They were having us test things that hit a purposefully weak, over-stressed backend, so they could evaluate how their fixes were handling things.

They also had a Hard map online and I ran around it. I did not expect to see absolutely no giant cactus trees on the map. There was also hardly any normal cactuses. It seems that water on that map will mainly be resourced by purifying the contaminated lake waters and smashing aloe and fruits. Plus you will need to go back to the Medium map to get the huge cactus fruits to make potions.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
yeah balance is out of whack

4 hours to max out the tree, but weeks to get a tablets for a handful of t2 recipes?

yeesh tablets shouldn't be so insane.

Aertuun
Dec 18, 2012

Nalin posted:

We had a whole bunch of smart backend developer goons who collected data and theorized what went wrong so a technical postmortem will be a fun thing to read.

Are you willing to expand on that? It would be interesting to see what people figured out, and there's not much else to talk about until the game comes back online.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Aertuun posted:

Are you willing to expand on that? It would be interesting to see what people figured out, and there's not much else to talk about until the game comes back online.

Bellular already outright said what happened in his video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nFYXn_hk70

Aertuun
Dec 18, 2012

Byolante posted:

Bellular already outright said what happened in his video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nFYXn_hk70

It's a good look at the history of the studio but doesn't go into any more of the technical issues then what was released by the devs.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

yeah balance is out of whack

4 hours to max out the tree, but weeks to get a tablets for a handful of t2 recipes?

yeesh tablets shouldn't be so insane.

yeah especially since proxy walkers etc are super transient, and you really don't want to focus tablets on one or two people for fun gameplay (everyone wants to feel useful and play with the big toys)

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Tablets aren't too bad. It is 100 fragments per tablet, so that's about 4 or so ruins to loot. Hard maps have lots of the 20 and 30 fragment ruins around so a clan farming a tile should be able to grab a bunch of fragments. It only takes 5 minutes to craft a stack of 20 tablets too at the ruin on the map.

Solo players and small groups are also able to find single use crafting ruins around to map, so they won't be entirely cut out. Plus it is very possible that people may throw up extra tablets on the trading station (although it's too early to tell) since you have to collect tablets of the same design.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

The 10% of harvested materials that a clan with ownership of the map gets, does that include fragments?

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Given the wording I would assume it only applies to things with a "gather" prompt, so no, but who knows.

Announced a stress test at 11am PDT then plans to bring things back online sunday if everything works. Fingers crossed.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
And the OP says 20% of materials, if it's still accurate. It shouldn't take much activity before that really adds up.

The trader stations give them 10%, but presumably in the local currency, so 10% more fleas.

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

Game is wiping for the relaunch. Get in here.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Donnerberg posted:

And the OP says 20% of materials, if it's still accurate. It shouldn't take much activity before that really adds up.

The trader stations give them 10%, but presumably in the local currency, so 10% more fleas.

Correct. If you own the zone, 10% of the flots that go through the trade station are sent to your clan. If a pubbie cuts down a tree, the game spawns an additional 20% resource bonus and throws it into the proxy walker.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales
Saturday Stress Test we had some PVP action, courtesy of https://liverupucams.com:

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
Heads up. Double clicking a high quality material to store it quickly will cause it to merge with lesser quality materials already in storage.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
Hey guys stress test our game before we re-launch and start over.

Hmmm this is going alright this is the launch now have fun! Also the ability to delete your character is disabled sure hope you didn’t do anything to gently caress around because it was a wipe anyway!

Genius poo poo! I am mildly annoyed by it but man there are too to be so many angry freaks screaming at them.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
Just in case anyone wasn't in discord- they turned the stress test into a soft launch. We're live, get in.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
The Chinese came at us EU folk in the dark of night. Half our crew was asleep, it was four of us against thirty-odd of them. They took our base and ships, forced us to run away and punch cactuses to avoid dying of thirst. But they didn’t master the grappling hook.

We came back and fought a grueling 5 hour guerilla war, slowly taking their gear and hiding it atop cliffs or rocks. I went from 70 kills to 160, and I was in charge of the respawning walkers half the time. We took their base, destroyed everything, emptied their chests, demolished their walkers, and built a stiletto with their materials and fragments.

One of my friends is an absolute god with the grappling hook and one time swung from tree to tree while smashing multiple chinese zerglings between swings. What a fantastic loving game. I’m exhausted but when I wake up I’m jumping right back in.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Comrayn posted:

Hey guys stress test our game before we re-launch and start over.

Hmmm this is going alright this is the launch now have fun! Also the ability to delete your character is disabled sure hope you didn’t do anything to gently caress around because it was a wipe anyway!

Genius poo poo! I am mildly annoyed by it but man there are too to be so many angry freaks screaming at them.

The lead dev said that they will add the ability to change the way you look and adjust your clan name / flair because they know people were messing around and probably want to change some things.

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah
how and where do I get these seemingly different fragments for the higher tier recipes?

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Ninogan posted:

Game is wiping for the relaunch. Get in here.

They said they weren't wiping, though?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

servers still going down regularly US WEST

great game, great devs

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

servers still going down regularly US WEST

great game, great devs

Stop buying early access games if it bothers you so much. Yet, I see you in nearly every one of these threads...

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

oh god, i want to buy this game but it sounds like it might be a terrible idea. i guess i can always refund it.

e: bought it! watching goons play in discord and it looks janky but fun.

hemale in pain fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Apr 5, 2020

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

Unlocked almost all the stuff from the tree that just require fragments and back at where I was before the game went down a week ago. It's a fun game when pvp happens but I am a bit burnt out with going so hard and the wipe and everything. Do we know when they are putting the hard zones live?

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Ninogan posted:

Unlocked almost all the stuff from the tree that just require fragments and back at where I was before the game went down a week ago. It's a fun game when pvp happens but I am a bit burnt out with going so hard and the wipe and everything. Do we know when they are putting the hard zones live?

As I understand it, they are trying to maintain the servers were stabilized, before moving on to other things. I'm guessing it will be a week at least, probably with the next improvement patch.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
Did anyone get a recording of that huge battle earlier?

The battles in this game are nuts. The center of the fight was a harpooned walker hanging over the side of a cliff with us fighting the crew on the deck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

Tempus Thales posted:

As I understand it, they are trying to maintain the servers were stabilized, before moving on to other things. I'm guessing it will be a week at least, probably with the next improvement patch.

Ah, I see. I'll definitely hop on in the evenings and hope I can join in for some good pvp at least until then.