Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
This seems like the exact kind of janky thing I love. Is the usual bad games crew playing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arven
Sep 23, 2007

GoGoGadget posted:

What seems janky about it? Already seems more polished than most other survival MMOs, server issues aside.

Haven't played it yet, but past experience would make me think anything with constructable vehicles would have lots of issues. If not, great. I'm downloading it now.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
It's insane a 5 man team made this. Server issues aside, the game is great.

And the low-iron bone and wood thing is extremely my jam for a fantasy setting.

Arven fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Mar 29, 2020

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
Have they put out any kind of development roadmap?

Are handheld ranged weapons ever going to be a thing? I'm guessing no since they're cRPG spergs?

Arven
Sep 23, 2007

Tempus Thales posted:

No, that has been brought up during closed beta and there is no plans to bring bows, or crossbows... The only "ranged" weapon is a Javelin that does 20 damage...

That's what I figured, everything I've seen regarding combat in the game seems to ooze "git gud" chamber blocking elitism.

slashtom posted:

Is this a true one server / mmo like eve type or is this like atlas where you can have a max of 100 players in each 'zone'.

Either way looks interesting.

The latter.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbPAwFgN02g

actually a really genuine and good apology video or whatever

other devs should take notes

Dude also legit looks like he hasn't slept in 3 days

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
What is it between this and M&B with people returning the game while explicitly stating they're going to buy it again later? Why? Just keep it and play it when it works, JFC.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
Just in case anyone wasn't in discord- they turned the stress test into a soft launch. We're live, get in.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
Did anyone get a recording of that huge battle earlier?

The battles in this game are nuts. The center of the fight was a harpooned walker hanging over the side of a cliff with us fighting the crew on the deck.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
Anyone get video of that flawlessly executed assault last night that turned out to be against allies that were actually in our discord?

Arven
Sep 23, 2007

hemale in pain posted:

e: i don't really understand what they're really doing. all their clan are glitching/exploiting and just farming resources allll day. are they selling it for real life money or what? they don't really seem to take part in the game outside of farming resources

If it's anything like LiF, they have massive amounts of players in satellite groups all over the map feeding resources back to a central group that does the actual fighting. In LiF usually the resource gatherers would just stand there and let you kill them if you interrupted their farming.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
I just googled it and drat. I find it hard to believe that people are paying these prices. If they are, proxy walkers are money printers.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
It doesn't have to- I think right now we'd benefit from some supply chain disruption of our enemies during the "off" hours.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
If the burn was there from the beginning they probably would have been fine. I think the huge abrupt meta shift and rendering of so much people's work pointless was what did it, not the mechanic iteself.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
Tile capturing was never going to work out outside of some kind of scheduled instanced battle that both sides got to join equally, which would also suck.

In my perfect word they would scrap the tile system and a module that just sucks up resources from the vicinity while deployed, takes a long time to undeploy, and makes the walker move extremely slowly. Then you'd get people moving around in convoys and encampments protecting their resource walker, and lots of fun fights of people trying to take them out before you hit the zone line.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
Their thinking that people will just ignore fireflies and small bases is pretty naive. People are gonna load up on cheap balista ammo and just destroy everything they come across.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
Tutorial took me about 35 minutes now instead of over an hour, so that's a plus. Performance is soooo much better, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
We are all very rusty and as per usual not good at working together for gear. We kept winning even numbered fights but then double our numbers would roll in wearing baskwood and wielding sawtooth swords and wipe the floor with us.