Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
Not sure if it was in the OP but launch is noon eastern time.

http://countdownto.lastoasis.gg/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
Whole lot of goons in discord and apparently from a bunch of different subgroups so I look forward to finding out what incredibly stupid argument starts a schism within the next week.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
Sounds like 90% of the jankiness is just the servers making GBS threads themselves. Which, they have been making GBS threads themselves pretty continuously the last twenty four hours.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

i'd just rather it be more easier to kill completely uncontested and empty clutter, we have like 30+ unoccupied dinghies in our oasis and literally hundreds of fireflies, i wish there was an easy way to remove these

The hex will burn in a week but I get your point. Seeing dozens of abandoned fireflies and campfires everywhere is weird and kind of dumb. I assume most are there because people got booted during one of the many server upsets.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

vandalism posted:

I've sat in queue trying to join for a little bit but something is fucky because steam is claiming i've been in game 109 minutes. There is NO WAY that I've sat and looked at the login for 109 minutes. I'm seriously debating refunding this poo poo if I can't try it a little bit before I'm locked in, especially with all these suspicious login issues. Also, streamers seem to be playing no problem. Too suspect. I've also heard this game dev had another game they sold up to be good and then it just got ghosted off of steam and it "wasn't their fault," all the while this server issue "isn't their fault."

Pretty loving suspicious. There are a TON of people on the discord both blaming and trolling the company and then a bunch of apologists saying to cut them slack they are a small team.

Fun stuff all around, but yeah... I don't know. I won't be playing this again until it works for sure. Still burns me that it supposedly was in game 109 minutes. There's no loving way.

Its a steam/streamer/dev conspiracy to screw me over! Normal post here.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

please knock Mom! posted:

Logically survival mmos can’t be good. So because this game was good, it couldn’t be allowed to exist

:hmmyes:

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
Hey guys stress test our game before we re-launch and start over.

Hmmm this is going alright this is the launch now have fun! Also the ability to delete your character is disabled sure hope you didn’t do anything to gently caress around because it was a wipe anyway!

Genius poo poo! I am mildly annoyed by it but man there are too to be so many angry freaks screaming at them.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
I look forward to the next time 1001 Arabian dicks gets killed so we can get another update on what got him and why it was totally bullshit.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
I see the time honored tradition of blaming all of the open loot pvp game's problems on the Chinese players has begun on all the public boards.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

"we may have gotten absolutely obliterated, but at least we aren't RACIST HACKERS hahahaha"

get a grip rhymen

Why do you post on these forums lol

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

wow it's almost like i used someone elses' screenshot for that

what a crazy witchhunt

Used someone else’s screenshot for what? Why? What the gently caress are you doing? What the gently caress are you talking about?

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
For anyone wondering about the actual game none of this stupid posting slap fight is present in game. If you like to chop trees this game is good for that and if you like to fight mans it is good for that too. It's a lot harder to lose all of your stuff than in similar games and if it turns out the area you camped out as your home base is too hot you can just take all your stuff and leave.

They are adding the zone destruction next week so everyone will have to stay mobile and that's going to shake up the way a lot of people are playing and push a lot more people into conflict. Making a giant hoarder base is going to be a huge pain in the rear end to maintain but right now people have been doing it.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

FileNotFound posted:

I mean - yes but I want PlanetSide 2 level combat and lag - not lagging off the boat, clipping through walls/terrain, lag.

I still don't understand why no other game has managed to produce Planetside 2 player numbers and network performance.

This game has been very good on not lagging off the boat and through things in my experience. Nothing like the garbage you had to deal with in Atlas.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
If all you ever do is run around alone your experience will be monkey murder and tree chopping for hours then a big gang guys roll by and steal it all. Playing mostly alone in a clan isn’t as bad because you can use their good tools and/or stockpile to jump start your solo adventures and then you can actually contribute.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

Tempora Mutantur posted:

could not resist, game is too fun, ingame as Bazomatic, parked outside the current base, will try to get an invite tomorrow

need to farm me some more shaman so I can get rope for dinghy boost and then rushing me a stiletto :black101:

To anyone else thinking of rolling up to goon base and parking a non-clan walker: this is a very bad idea.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

No, it's just a coincidence. I put the game down for a bit, just dinked around with a small group of friends for a while. Although the idea of coming back to get revenge on those guys is pretty appealing.

Considering the size of the map, I feel like the odds of this happening are fairly astronomical.

Goons are routinely dunking on them including taking one of their main zones last night so not so astronomical!

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
The zone destruction and new zone spawning began today. No more squatting in the same place hoarding up giant stockpiles. It should make the game a lot more interesting.

Ossipago posted:

Like I actually login to play because I want to, like when is the last time you played a game just because you wanted to, no other reason?

Hey I like this game this comment does not take away from your assertion that the game is good but reevaluate your relationship with video games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

S w a y z e posted:

Yeah this game rules. Kind of a contrarian take but I love the burning and emphasis on nomadic gameplay, especially as a leveling factor causing diminishing returns to playing too much and hoarding too much. Endless respect for a game that respects my time.

My biggest gripe was that when the pop started dropping off, they didn't burn servers fast enough and as a result everything got super empty in like a week. The whole point of the burn was to act as a pressure release valve for player density, so the game would feel the same no matter how many people were playing.

Anyway I'll probably give this another go during the October update but only hop on a couple times a week. Easy to get burned out but this is still the best mmo out there imo.

It's a cool and fun game that does not lend itself well to mega-corp style groups with a big stockpile. Unfortunately you can still hoard things its just a pain in the rear end so of course everyone still did it and then got mad that they had ruined their own fun. I think there is a sweet spot where if every clan playing was just around 15-20 guys online the game would kick rear end but I don't think there is a way to force that gameplay in a persistent mmo.