Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

The whole ~1 hour or so I've actually been able to play has been a blast. Things seem quite well polished for an early access title. Unfortunately I've spent more time staring at a login/queue page than I have been able to actually play.
There's no good reason for a tutorial zone to require online play, just spawn a local instance or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

This is why all games should have a tutorial mode that runs locally, even if it's highly slimmed down and nothing you do in that mode is transferred up to the live server unless they can maintain a connection to validate what you're doing in the tutorial. What little I was able to play was a blast, so I'll definitely be keeping an eye on their progress over the next week.

Knee-jerk refunding early-access titles due to launch issues is loving stupid, every early access title in the history of the platform has launch issues - you know what you're getting into. Don't be that guy.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Given the wording I would assume it only applies to things with a "gather" prompt, so no, but who knows.

Announced a stress test at 11am PDT then plans to bring things back online sunday if everything works. Fingers crossed.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Almost everything is slow to craft. That's why you make a bunch of crafting stations and run parallel jobs. Still sucks but less so.

And I can confirm (as reported in clan/discord earlier) that the newest nvidia drivers gave a noticeable performance boost.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Re:swordstaff, a quick overhead is a normal swing down, the charged overhead is what turns it into a stab. Adds a lot of flexibility and looks cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

With the way quality materials and crafting stations slowly feed into each other in a loop and how much of a pain it is to get large quantities of any particular tablet type, I'd expect any further wipes to obliterate the playercount.