Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Luitpold
Aug 2, 2009
Talking of excrement ...
Are you guys still marching on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luitpold
Aug 2, 2009
Talking of excrement ...

S w a y z e posted:

One of the best stories to come out of that was when we rolled up on a whole clan who had just circled their walkers around a temporary base. We outnumbered them about 8 to 6 and all hopped down to start fighting, then for whatever reason (I think we could sense they were new) we all just started yelling at them to be cool. Eventually they chilled out and agreed to send their best fighter to face ours - if they won, we would spare them. Hucklecat stepped up and, luckily for them, he was having an off night and they just barely managed to down him. We let them go and, it turns out, they remembered the encounter so fondly they actually came out to the hex next to ours and joined our alliance.
Oh I remember this, they had actually done the vertical wall like our twin tower base and made a sort of enclosure around a proxy. I think they had a couple Stilletos? We just walked right up to them in whatever we were using and you and a couple others jumped down, and then you asked for booty politely, and some how it came down to trial by combat with Hucklecat as our champion. When he lost we all jumped off the walker and kicked him to death. They were so amused by our gimmick that they gave us all their rupu jelly, and later on they helped us out in our time of need when that mega clan invaded.

Wandering with Swayzes Crazys and when you, Hucklecat, and I were doing carrier ops in Atlas, it all taught me that there really is a third echelon in these survival games, and that is the venerable Marauder. You actually have to go out and meet challenges in these games if you want to survive, I feel like most goons including myself struggle with the concept, but the results across multiple games with you guys is undeniable.