Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

I think anyone who wants a break after login issues and wants to refund or not is super valid and I respect you, you go have fun with M&B and stuff :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

please post a single occurrence of me using a racial slur, thanks

I mean your rapsheet has you using other slurs so?

Edit: I wanna be clear I just stay out of the base when you're around cause im not good at PVP but you do seem pretty edgelordey.

Stormgale fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Apr 14, 2020

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

BurtLington posted:

I'd rather be bad at a video game than a racist hacker :shrug:

As someone bad at videogames can confirm.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

i don't use the n word or any other racial slurs period, how about that

You use other slurs in your literal post history so?

Your wierd "SHOW ME THE EVIDENCE OF THIS ONE SPECIFIC THING" shtick is really tiresome, you've got a post history and rap sheet of saying dumbass edgelordy poo poo.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Also I wanna repeat, i'm a bad farmer gatherer player who will probably lose 1v1's vs anyone in this thread so I aint got any skin in this "5 guys gang up on 1-2 people and get a win and thus are the ultimate pvp gods" contest.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Sadly I am not likable, I just return from my exodus having built wierd mining bases for people to use.

Edit: I also ocassionaly build large chests on walkers.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Saying "I don't use racial slurs I just use these other ones" is a wierd defence.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

I admitted you're probably better at PVP than me and I still think you're a painful edgelord.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

[citation needed]

The whole " a ganker can kill you no matter what " argument already assumes you're bumped and ready to die, which is as stupid as saying "tackled supers without umbrella support against 40x the people have no counterplay!!!"

duh, you already lost and failed the 5 steps that an actual retard can do (one of the redfrog haulers has down syndrome) and got yourself in a lovely situation no fault of anyone else but your own.

Bro, if you just scouted you'd avoid almost every single gank ever with a freighter, let alone all the rest of the other factors i mentioned and ones i didn't.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

There has never been a single person in history who when arguing the technicalities of slurs, who has turned out not to be a painful edgelord. You're faux lawyer shtick is just a heap of red flags.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

GoGoGadget posted:

What I want to know is what hacks could help you out in this game, anyway? ESP, sure, but unless there's an auto block hack...wait, nevermind. There probably is.

hacks/glitches to put your respawn points below the colission mesh would be pretty useful.

Ninogan posted:

I guess we don't have an actual EU goon group, right? Missing out on all the good pvp at 3am my time is starting to be disheartening.

We have a couple of EU goons on US and a few people playing on EU For what it's worth but yeah it sucks.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

I just do some farming and Helping out the base during EU hours myself (cause i'm an EU lass) but yeah not being able to take part in big stuff does suck, hopefully some more EU people may be coming?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

got anything else? or is one post all you need to forever classify someone as an edgelord?

Here you go:

got anything else? or is one post all you need to forever classify someone as an edgelord?

See my previous statement about "Wannabe lawyers"

Bonus content:

i never got the millennial 'i hate my life hahaha' memes i genuinely love creating misery for other ppl i don't get what the problem is?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

"i genuinely love creating misery for other ppl"

The edge, so sharp.

Stormgale fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Apr 15, 2020

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

ok you win, i have made some edgy posts

but i still have never said any racial slurs so

I called you an edgelord and said you said slurs.

I have proven both of those things :) You keep trying to rules lawyer your way out of this which is really funny tbh.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

BadLlama posted:

So is game good or bad?

it's in this forum, it's bad.

But I still play it

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Game is good, and probably one of the better survival MMO things with a few caveats:

It dosent have the expansive tech tree you get out of an older game like ARK or conan, everything in the game (barring stuff we cant get the resources for) is within reach at the moment. So if you want to build laser raptors this aint your game.

Similar to above this isn't a game where you build doom forts, you will have small temporary bases as well as stuff you pack on/off your walker. If you want to build the Cistine Chapel in a survival game this aint for you.

It does have a few rough edges, none of them are with the core gameplay (that's v good) it just has a few systems and designs they havent worked out. A few walkers probably need to be re-balanced (A few bigger ones), there are some systems they need to put more thought into and the 100 person servers could lead to degenerate gameplay. I want to stress again the core game is good just it is rough around some edges

Non Game ralted:
If you're an EU player who plays at EU times you will be mostly chilling with a much smaller group if you join up on NA. If you just want to explore the game and do stuff solo that's probably perfect for you but due to claim mechanics and attack timers (as well as most people being on US) most big battles happen around 1-3 AM EU times, so if you can't rotate your sleep schedule and want to join in massive battles every day keep that in mind. If you just wanna join up on weekends or once in a whil then yeah do that.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Also the game is currently in a wierd state right now (not bad, just different). The destruction of zones every 7 days (well each zone lasting 7 days) isn't on, which is allowing a land grab turtling style that will feel a little different when everyone is moving.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

The game plays fine on NA servers with EU lag fwiw, as I said above the only downside is most of the big stuff (Currently) happens in NA prime. With enough people coming over we can certainly change that

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Glenn Quebec posted:

I'm not sure why games like hate letting players have a good time.

I never hear this kind of thing from similar games like Rust. Why might that be? I understand that the genres aren't 1:1 but I think there is something worthy to the discussion.

Dumb words ahead, feel free to just post lol or mock me cause I'm dumb

Games like rust go "You're hosting a server, gently caress it those are the rules" and so you generally get specific communities building up. There is no balance or pop caps because generally you know the people loving around and the scale/permenance is small because any server can just wipe. In essence the game is naturally controlled by humans moderating the server, for good or for ill.

Any game that tries to have proper, full on MMO esque persistance needs to have some balancing factor, so the biggest group (say 500 dudes) don't always win because they always fight 500 -1 and then snowball by camping all the good stuff, which means they win more.. The problem is that building any game system to control this is hard.

Albion online went and made the important PVP stuff a fixed match size, and that basically meant you would funnel to a "Dream team" and was boring.

Last oasiss tried to use individual map counts and rarity of spawns, but those are and have een just gamed into oblivion (Log in x hours before vuln, camp the map, no one else can log in).

And because these systems are well, rules rather than people, they are less adaptive.

Crowfall (if it ever releases lol) tries to combat this by sort of mixing the two, all your resources are temporary but your character is persistant, so you winning for 10 months dosent mean you have an advantage going on. But if it ever releases properly (lol) it might not work either!

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

I think with he burn the way it is, they need more walkers similar to the cobra.

Where your "base" is something you park and out in lockdown mode then move on or love around the map every few days till you need to pick up and move.

Say a walker that became harder when in deployed mode so it was a relatively secure bank/crafting base

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Yeah, the problem is unless you make a seperate battleground for tile wars (where you can limit entry for balance) you'd have to clear the title when a vulnerability window opens then apply some way to balance the input. and that sucks for people doing things (just farming, vibing, whatever)

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Yeah I think owning a hex via putting down a static base really, dosen't work when you A: Can't really like, build the infrastructure to feel safe around a fixed position (Not for fighting just like, having a safe base to group and craft and stuff) and B) have the cap limitations.

I would be super down for anything that let you gain something from securing a zone Temporariliy but played into the nomadic playstyle more, anything from special "Tiles" which are just PVP battlegrounds for the main convoy, the idea you said above arven or even like Resource rich spawns that rotate around a zone.

My dumb dream is just parking my walker around a base camp that moves day to day and just having little villages/RV parks pop up and tear down

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

It also means locking down a tiule becomes a temporal thing, you own it while your doing your resource extraction then move on or accept the vulnerability of people staying. There's no poing pre-capping a tile to attack someone else.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

The new carrier for walkers seems neat, called the panda.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Looks like they changed it so you can damage walkers with any type of ammo now, and you can pack up solid bases (im guessing that means stone) on the carrier walker.

Both probably good changes at it makes you actually able to fight and gives a reason to make on map bases.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Arven posted:

Their thinking that people will just ignore fireflies and small bases is pretty naive. People are gonna load up on cheap balista ammo and just destroy everything they come across.

To be fair if the small base is rock they need the t2 fire ammo to break it which aint cheap.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Have Some Flowers! posted:

Good video summarizing all the changes for folks who mostly haven't played since S1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvFq13Wbu10

The respawn changes seem good, not sure how I feel about the focus on walker combat instead of boarding actions though.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Played around for a bit, the resource change seems good. I was able to craft the little base walker in about an hour completely solo with barely any tools.

You can use the convert into base walkers to make stone Encased torque windmills btw, as the foundation is on a platform so you can go out and down, making them tall enough

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

The new poachers hut seems silly (in a good way) letting you steal tile claim resources from a radius

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Usenet Magic-User posted:

Seems to really help with hard tiles you don't own. So the owners don't get a cut of your sweet work.

That's honestly pretty neat

also:

quote:

- Added Fiery Concoction to the game, a resource that's only obtainable through rare Wandering Merchants that specialize in dealing with ammunition.
- Hellfire Bolts will now require Fiery Concoction to be crafted.

This makes stone/clay very strong defensively.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

S w a y z e posted:

Lots of changes for the better this time around. With stronger portable bases you see actual on-map settlements too. Little customized shacks for each person. Bases have a lot more character this time around and a stronger sense of community.

What other changes are good, i'm totally out of the loop on the meta so i'm curious?

I do like the idea of riding a walker into map and plopping down an actual stone base to just havest around for a bit tho.