Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
This game is extremely janky but definitely has potential. I recommend waiting a while unless you have psychopath-level patience like I do.

Definitely review the mechanics for logging out safely before you start cuz they're not intuitive at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

please knock Mom! posted:

Its a bit tiring to watch an Eve online player complain about an actual good game though

It's not good yet tho. It has potential but we gotta make sure the developers bust their asses in the right direction. These criticisms are warranted.

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hello Sailor posted:

Anyone know what these remote ballista are supposed to do? I built one, put it on my dinghy, and can store things in it, but can't figure out how to use it.

They're a bit awkward to use. Put bolts or harpoons in it, start driving your walker, and then left-click once to load a bolt. Then if you rotate the camera you should see the white aiming arc appear behind your walker. They can't fire 360 degrees.

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
You don't have to deny weapons if you're good at combat. It's a good crutch in the meantime tho

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Torque has been nerfed, and since torque disproportionately helped the dinghy...

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Lol that dumbfuck 1001 is taking credit for all the poo poo PL did. Pathetic.

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
The network lag is almost nonexistent in all but the very largest fights. Your computer might have problems if it's more than a few years old tho.

I love how we were fine with 1001 and his crew raiding us occasionally when we thought they were Chinese, but when it turned out they were racist children we unified and destroyed all their poo poo last night. Goons are awesome.

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
No need for a narrative, I watched it happen myself.

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Lots of us here in NA have been staying up super late to play as well so I think EU goons could get plenty of action. We got raided REALLY late last night, for example.

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Were CPLX the dudes who had a million towers and used gas? If so then they defended well. That was also our first raid and we learned a lot.

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Aertuun posted:

Has anyone worked out a reliable way of obtaining iron ore?

We just ran into a clan that had a big stash of iron equipment & weapons. They'd even upgraded the legs on their falco to the armoured variant (each leg required 72 reinforced planks) and they had a "gigantic chest" on the deck.

Duping on this scale will either lead to a wipe, a failed game, or both.

EDIT: I guess theoretically they could have gotten the iron together for a quarry and maybe quarries are broken? That's the only legit way I can think of.

NaanViolence fucked around with this message at 20:09 on May 4, 2020

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
You gotta find it in the lower left menu and embark there.

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Those were excellent times. I bet they can be had again. I think when we re-roll we should do so with different leadership too.

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
That's a really good idea. I wonder how long it will take them to consider something like that.

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
When's the wipe gonna be?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I played a lot the first wipe. Still too burned out to dive back in. Think I'll wait until the next wipe.