Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

M2tt
Dec 23, 2000
Forum Veteran

GoGoGadget posted:

What seems janky about it? Already seems more polished than most other survival MMOs, server issues aside.

Off the top of my head:

Your walkers will sometimes spawn in the sky and you have to wait for the invulnerability bubble to pop before they fall to the ground
Rupus can't pathfind worth a poo poo and you can get them stuck on their own base walls to loot with impunity
Most walkers can walk up sheer cliffs because the slope just slows them down instead of making them roll backwards (Could be argued that this is a feature)
Sometimes the grappling hook + physics just gives the gently caress up and you'll float into the sky until you hit the ceiling, at which point you'll die and anything you were carrying is lost forever (Disconnect and reconnect to prevent that last part, but that's a tall order given the aforementioned server issues)
Foraging/Lumberjack modules are by far the most useful and they just flat out don't work right now, at least not on the Firefly.
It's far too easy to get stuck in walker's legs without recourse beyond suicide, but if you're lucky some combination of crouching/someone else moving the walker could also work.

Don't get me wrong game is still fun and I'm enjoying myself, but there is absolutely jank to be experienced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M2tt
Dec 23, 2000
Forum Veteran

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

those are all small poo poo, you can literally dupe entire walkers with their entire inventories if you manage to update them between a server save and a server crash.

they're lucky we found that our during our 12 hour nap otherwise we'd all have maxxed out tech and a titan.

this game is so fun but it needs to be reset once the server issues and bugs are fixed.

Oh yeah forgot one, there are no hard maps so it's literally impossible to progress beyond mid-tier atm.

M2tt
Dec 23, 2000
Forum Veteran

we had great fun running down other peoples' walkers, but the inability to effective kill hostile walkers and access their 'safe' cargo hold basically makes pvp a waste of time until you get high tier poo poo.

...Fire bolts are low tier though? Just going to assuming you're reposting poo poo from the official discord at this point sorry if I'm late to the joke.

M2tt
Dec 23, 2000
Forum Veteran
Good call, I've had Avatars turned off for a while so the forums almost look professional at work. AKA the good old days.

M2tt
Dec 23, 2000
Forum Veteran

last night we ran into a clan and fully raided them, picked up about 20k torque and 4500 fragments

who needs to farm when you can just thief from those who do it for you

Tell me more about how the rupu turrets dilute the game and make it boring please, that poo poo gets me off.

M2tt
Dec 23, 2000
Forum Veteran

please knock Mom! posted:

Trying to gotcha him over something he was right on is kinda cringy dude. Come back when you’ve got some thread content.

Good call dude, please let me know where I can hire white knights such as yourself to defend my own lovely content in the future tia.

M2tt
Dec 23, 2000
Forum Veteran

No worries, just looking out for you. You can contact me ingame, I'm Italian Elon Musk. Enjoy the game!

As you know there is no whisper function ingame so I'm going to need a more reliable way to contact you and also to transfer payment.

M2tt
Dec 23, 2000
Forum Veteran

Trying to gotcha him over something he was right on is kinda cringy dude. Come back when you’ve got some thread content.

Good call dude, please let me know where I can hire white knights such as yourself to defend my own lovely content in the future tia.

M2tt
Dec 23, 2000
Forum Veteran

No worries, just looking out for you. You can contact me ingame, I'm Italian Elon Musk. Enjoy the game!

Sorry I was having fun for a minute there, but now I'm just embarrassed for you so I'm going to stop.

M2tt
Dec 23, 2000
Forum Veteran

Voyager I posted:

Globby makes so many terrible posts that you could probably just call him out while quoting at random and land an acceptable burn. How on earth did you gently caress this up so badly that you're tripling down on the one thing he was objectively correct about?

..... because I enjoy legitimate discussion about game mechanics. Why is this so hard to understand?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M2tt
Dec 23, 2000
Forum Veteran

clammy posted:

lurk more

Haha nailed it