Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

This seems like the janky piece of full loot pvp crap that I love :coffeepal:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

Loving this so far. It's actually not even that janky and playing on the NA servers doesn't feel to bad from EU. We got jumped by 3 guys driving a dinghy and I just grappled on top of their dinghy and killed them all. Haven't felt that excited in a while in a early access pvp game.

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

Are we not planning on establishing some form of little base soon? Since if I'm not wrong we can just pack it up and move on to the next tile once this one closes it should be a nice thing to be able to not be so spread out all the time or at least have a common point to group up at.

Right now i've been kind of spending fragments on all the crafting benches and stuff since I need everything and we don't have any place setup with advanced benches or people specialized into crafting. Is this the plan that everyone should learn it all or will we settle eventually and have specialized crafters we can get to make us stuff?

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

Cool, thanks for the reply Nalin. I noticed how easy it is to farm fragments now that I think I just hit level 30. As long as you spend time you can just unlock everything in the tree requiring that. No idea how these tablet things work but that's for later I guess.

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

Really a shame to see because this was a blast. Will be playing return of reckoning and be back as soon as it comes up so see you all then.

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

Game is wiping for the relaunch. Get in here.

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

Unlocked almost all the stuff from the tree that just require fragments and back at where I was before the game went down a week ago. It's a fun game when pvp happens but I am a bit burnt out with going so hard and the wipe and everything. Do we know when they are putting the hard zones live?

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

Tempus Thales posted:

As I understand it, they are trying to maintain the servers were stabilized, before moving on to other things. I'm guessing it will be a week at least, probably with the next improvement patch.

Ah, I see. I'll definitely hop on in the evenings and hope I can join in for some good pvp at least until then.

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

This game is alright :coffeepal:

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

what about this game makes people want to literally not want to pvp and just farm all day?

holy poo poo i'm so goddamn bored

Sounds like you need to find some more likeminded individuals

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

Seems like the game is about to become a lot more fun.

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

Stealthgerbil posted:

This game looks fun but will it ruin my life and sleep cycle?

I wouldn't say so. I really dig it but there's a lot of boring (to me at least) downtime where you just pve / gather resources because there's no pvp around because there's just not a group up for it and roaming for solo pvp is hit and miss and a drag to move around through many zones because of water so I find I am not like fiending to login 24/7 because I mostly want to just pvp.

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

I guess we don't have an actual EU goon group, right? Missing out on all the good pvp at 3am my time is starting to be disheartening.

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

GoGoGadget posted:

What I want to know is what hacks could help you out in this game, anyway? ESP, sure, but unless there's an auto block hack...wait, nevermind. There probably is.

Usually there's tons of stuff that'd help in a game like this like speed hacks (not just movement but swing rate), making your hitbox not stay with you so you can't be hit, teleport, etc. Not sure what's possible besides speed hacking right now though. Oh you can also clip under the world and loot stuff without being seen, the chinese started stealing fragments this way, it's pretty annoying.

Stormgale posted:

We have a couple of EU goons on US and a few people playing on EU For what it's worth but yeah it sucks.

The eu goon numbers in rupucams doesn't seem large enough for anything interesting to happen until NA folks wake up sadly which is why i'm asking but with quarantine and working from home i guess i can mess my sleep schedule up every so often for some fun before this game dies down :coffeepal:

Ninogan fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Apr 15, 2020

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

forge posted:

Nino, please recruit your EU friends, we would love to have them and a larger EU force in general. I've been trying to recruit other EU groups who played in the past with us but most of them are small and doing special snowflake stuff atm.

Have the same issue, small & special snowflake stuff. My regular group are frail gamers and the 1 week offline + wipe made them all quit and go back to darkfall/rust/csgo so rip :smith:

Stormgale is correct about it playing really well (like impressively well) on NA East, the ping really isn't an issue in fights but the low fps when fighting lots of people and especially near our base is a bitch. So if any EU goons are on the fence about playing with higher ping then don't worry, this is like the most manageable i've seen in any pvp game. I'll stick with the NA group for now since the only other choice seems to be finding some non goon EU group and then I'd rather stick with it and hope for good fights on weekends at least.

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

SoJ57261 posted:

Darkfall? How is that poo poo still alive. Convince your mans to come back with the next update or something, it would be fun to have a dedicated EU group going somewhere else than NA locations with major lag.

It's alive because it's the best full loot pvp mmo duh. I'll try and I really want to get them in here because as it is right now I've lost my motivation to login simply because everything fun happens when I'm sleeping :smith:

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/903950/view/3337673184042639448

quote:

In addition to fighting players that use cheats, we'd like to announce that if we find a clan that has cheaters in their group, the clan will be wiped together with all of their belongings. This also extends to sibling clans - no, putting all your cheaters in a different clan won't help you. If your clan profits from having a cheater, even if it's just one player, the unfair advantage over the clans that play by the rules will be quickly equalized.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

Was a fun game at launch but just like with so many other titles like it it feels like you can get a few weeks entertainment out of it before it's dead and done.