Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
the first week is going to be FULL of amazing griefing content, but once everyone figures out how to have a super safe bank walker memes will die down a little.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

please knock Mom! posted:

I dunno, the bank walker sounds more like a way to keep downtime low, it also means that anyone you find will actually have some gear on them you can take

we'll see how it plays out, so far the system is very good, being able to packup and deploy bases is a GREAT idea/feature.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Pvt Public posted:

Is it possible to have an enjoyable experience in this game if I can only reliably play for an hour or so at pretty much fixed times at night or is this the kind of game that demands big chunks of time pretty much on demand?

you wont be able to contribute much to the team, but can hang around during fun times

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

those are all small poo poo, you can literally dupe entire walkers with their entire inventories if you manage to update them between a server save and a server crash.

they're lucky we found that our during our 12 hour nap otherwise we'd all have maxxed out tech and a titan.

this game is so fun but it needs to be reset once the server issues and bugs are fixed.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

we had great fun running down other peoples' walkers, but the inability to effective kill hostile walkers and access their 'safe' cargo hold basically makes pvp a waste of time until you get high tier poo poo.

there are so many throwaway fireflies and dinghies that are used as unassailable cargo in our territory it's crazy

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

M2tt posted:

...Fire bolts are low tier though? Just going to assuming you're reposting poo poo from the official discord at this point sorry if I'm late to the joke.

firebolts do like 1200 damage, you'd need like 15 of them to take out a dinghy

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwuXnElhadU

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Hello Sailor posted:

1001 complaining about surmountable game mechanics completely ruining his leet pvp experience is pretty par for the course. Best to keep his red text in mind.

i'd just rather it be more easier to kill completely uncontested and empty clutter, we have like 30+ unoccupied dinghies in our oasis and literally hundreds of fireflies, i wish there was an easy way to remove these

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Comrayn posted:

The hex will burn in a week but I get your point. Seeing dozens of abandoned fireflies and campfires everywhere is weird and kind of dumb. I assume most are there because people got booted during one of the many server upsets.

we literally have people ramming their toboggans into trash walkers to push them out of our area into a giant pile, and it instead resulted into all the trash walkers phasing into each other and lagging anyone within a quarter of the tile length to 5 fps. if you get within like 100 meters the constant sound of the walkers crashing into each other and the wood particles causes your game to crash.

we have since left that oasis and pity anyone who goes there before it's deleted.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Nalin posted:

Are the walkers from your own clan?

no they're not, we kicked out a group of 60 from their oasis and massacred them so badly they just respawned elsewhere or straight up quit the game.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

We just break open cargoholds and leave the ships be. Making ships easily destroyable is a surefire way to make sure people ragequit, which means that a few days in you won't have anyone to hunt down. Right now our group can get by without gathering much just by 'collecting' tribute

the problem is you can create 20-30 ships in the time it takes normal people to gather the materials required to kill one.

it's horribly imbalanced.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

most traders don't have rupu gel, and the shop is disabled rn anyway sooooo

i understand it definitely shouldn't be easier to kill things than to make them, but it shouldn't be so goddamn annoying to clear out structures and vehicles that are totally unused and abandoned.

fire should be A LOT Slower burning and burn for significantly more damage over the period, making it a great way of getting rid of abandoned garbage.

likewise, you should be able to see the weight of packed items in a walker, to see if it has a campfire in it or if it has a whole bank in it.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Jimlit posted:

I cant stop laughing at how unbelievably poo poo this game looks in motion. Like if you cant display animations for more than two embarrassing bug boats at a time why not just write wheels into the lore?

just be advised i'm on the lowest possible graphics as possible

but you're right, they should have had wheels.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

how do you deconstruct a vehicle? i have literally never seen that option

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

very good game besides the server issues

i just wish rupu gel was a bit more accessible tbh

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

yall poor we have several bank walkers full of poo poo even though 80% of us can't login

the issue being is we have 15 people who have all maxxed out their fragment tree instead of stockpiling for the proxy walker....

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

It's more about getting supply and production chains in place than hoarding poo poo imo. Items just take up too much space and right now we don't want to have like 3 toboggans worth of a base. Better to have more throughput by building more crafting stations but maybe that's because we only have like 8 people and half can't even get online most of the time

more i think about this game the less i like it

rust is far simpler and relies far more on player skill

i really hope mediocre gear can still compete with high end poo poo

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

GoGoGadget posted:

Rust is a completely different type of game.

is it tho

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

ahhahaahha i literally said "they literally can't gently caress up this launch worse than atlas" and looks like they're on track to prove me wrong

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

hopefully it comes with a total reset of the game world too, lots of duped and illegitimately stolen poo poo out there.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

#NotRefunding. Further, I am buying poo poo tons of gift copies to offset the refunders. Will be giving them away on a stream. Am also sending gift copies to anyone I game with who decides to refund, which is zero so far, because I game with people who have patience and enjoyed this fantastic game for the moments they could. I encourage anyone else with the means to do so does the same!! F*** these refunders.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbPAwFgN02g

actually a really genuine and good apology video or whatever

other devs should take notes

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Jimlit posted:

What kind of mental gymnastics are involved in justifying not getting a refund for a game that you just straight up cant play?

the only legitimate suggestion is "I'm going to play it at launch anyway so no point in me refunding it to just buy it again."

i have no idea why there are so many aggressive fanboys on this game, it's the worst i've ever seen.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Donnerberg posted:

Your sentiment makes sense, but particularly now, I'd cut people some slack since their home economy could be hosed by quarantine.

you don't need to further justify people refunding a game that literally doesn't work.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

They don’t need to wipe it and people are going to be hilariously salty when they decide they’re not going to

just a reminder there are hundreds of thousands of duped fragments out there, the game needs a wipe or the duping groups are just gonna unlock everything when the servers come back out.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

yeah balance is out of whack

4 hours to max out the tree, but weeks to get a tablets for a handful of t2 recipes?

yeesh tablets shouldn't be so insane.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

servers still going down regularly US WEST

great game, great devs

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

GoGoGadget posted:

Stop buying early access games if it bothers you so much. Yet, I see you in nearly every one of these threads...

"just stop playing games if you have anything to complain about lol"

see you in the next EA title that you ruthlessly defend because devs can apparently do no wrong

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

spent 2 hours traveling to a location to poo poo on some dudes, crash while loading into the zone, deposited somewhere random 500 water away from where i was (While i was in a firefly)

thanks, guess i'll just waste another 2 hours moving

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

ye my group has been killing hard, came across an actual good group last night and the only reason we won was because we slightly outnumbered them, they had like 8 repeaters on their poo poo and so many of us died slowly breaking them down while they could instantly kill us pretty much.

also rupu slingers needs to be fixed, they're incredibly busted.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

yeah idk it's really stupid you can spawn naked, grapple onto your walker, instantly get in a thing which is almost impossible to get hit out of, and then be able to instakill fully geared people on your ship.

also this game fell into the same trap atlas did, having AI being able to aimbot 1shot people and being able to drop that poo poo anywhere is really loving dumb

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

the game's lovely tickrate and lag during big fights means you can hit stagger someone 2-3 times before they even get the notification.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Comrayn posted:

I look forward to the next time 1001 Arabian dicks gets killed so we can get another update on what got him and why it was totally bullshit.

didn't die to it, but if you think this is good gameplay you're a dumb mother fucker

https://clips.twitch.tv/VictoriousSplendidSlothStrawBeary

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

in what world do you not have multiple chests full of stone and woodshafts already at this point for darts? if you're even average at pvp you should have a bank walker with 50+ chests in it

we burn like 1000 darts a fight just melting everything on their deck and we smoke groups that have double our numbers because of the repeaters, poo poo's so broke

everyone else is starting to use it now so we literally just use the repeaters to remove their repeaters and destroy them, the fact you can respawn and instantly hop into it and start shredding people is a little broke

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

most 'fights' don't even require you to waste darts even though, for every fight we get we run into 5 joe schmos who just donates hundreds of resources to us

darts have never been a problem, the only issue has been fire darts

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

a group of 20+ attacked our 5 pvers and massacred them and plopped down one of those rupu things, our respawners wasted all of it's ammo over 5-10 minutes and then we (the pvp chad group) rolled in 10 deep screaming in voice chat playing aggressively and absolutely wiped the floor with them.

i'm so cocky in combat now, we've wiped team after team after team even when they out gear and out number us, it's gonna lead to a rude awakening later

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

everyone knows the repeater meta now, it's so loving boring, everyone is just spamming repeaters at each other and whoever has more ammo wins

game sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

to be fair, if you use steam reviews to dictate whether or not you buy a game you aren't adding to any open world environment