Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

Lots of big awesome PvP fights today. This game is way more fun than I expected it to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

Swayze and I got sent to intercept a fleeing walker, so we did and it ended up falling off a cliff into an oasis. Then another walker came to help them and we fought outnumbered for like 5 mins against shitloads of them. Sure we had better gear and weapons but god drat it was fun:

https://streamable.com/j0zxj9

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

:siren: A ne'er-do-well had given some of our citizens some trouble and made off on their walker, luckily officers Burt and Swayze were onhand in their Copwalker to put a stop to the perp: :siren:

https://streamable.com/25ll2d

Turkina_Prime fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Apr 7, 2020

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

Doesn't matter how good you are at combat tbh. If you're outnumbered and don't deny weapons, you're eventually gonna get overwhelmed.

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

GoGoGadget posted:

Are there private servers for this yet? I always prefer that environment to the huge clan v clan clusterfuck games like this become. I understand this is that type of game 100%, but would rather not deal with the drama.

Nope no private servers.

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

Our comrades got into a big fight last night and the when all hope looked lost, the horn of Goondor was answered:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIXj_7Frmw8

This fight was hands down the most fun I've ever had in a survival game.

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

Aertuun posted:

That's a fantastic video. How do you get your framerate to be that rock solid? High end PC?

Yeah, it's pretty beefy.

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

I'd rather be bad at a video game than a racist hacker :shrug:

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

"It's like watching cripples fight" - 1001 Arabian Dicks in game

very cool!

Turkina_Prime fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Apr 15, 2020

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

Lets not forget horde of your pals screaming the n word whenever you show up. Great company you keep! :thumbsup:

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

i never tried to rules lawyer anything, I guess I didn't consider "retard" a slur. I don't consider myself an edgelord either, as the vast majority of my posts are not edgy :)

if asking for evidence of being accused of saying the hard R makes me a rules lawyer, then I guess that's enough evidence for you. I know I haven't said it and it never happened and am not afraid to say that matter-of-factly.

Aside from all this, you’re also gonna be judged on the company you keep, and when you roll with a bunch of screaming 4channers screaming the N-word as they swing around our base, it doesn’t look good on you.

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

sex excellence posted:

the idea of trying to get $$$ from the playerbase so they don't get raided is funny?? just take their tablets and move on

Have you actually tried to click any of the 'payment' buttons?

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Fist of the Empire... this is a long shot, but do they have red sails with a bicep on them? I'm pretty sure the group that killed me and my buddies on launch day was called Fist of the Empire

Probably. They're a big bureaucratic group that fails to protect their vassals and already caused one to fracture because of that. We went at them with about 10 throwaway fireflies once just to gently caress with them and it took them about an hour to respond to it with their entire army. They killed two fireflies and a dingy and acted like they'd destroyed our entire military force.

Yesterday we dunked on them while they were in the middle of setting up their new base and made off with a fuckload of loot. They were swarmed by valiant and brave goons destroying their ships and gassing the everliving poo poo out of them. Then they completely abandoned the tile.

tl;dr; :argh: goons

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

Voyager I posted:

They also tried to proxy Groon's home tile three times despite having no presence in our zone. We burned down all of them while stealing all the taxes, and the night Goons dunked them in fireflies we were commando raiding their public infrastructure and pulling the crab to their excavator bases.

They have the loving best local chat when they get wound up, and any amount of hardship winds them up.

Groon buddies :love:

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

I really miss playing this game with goons. Thinking about jumping back in when the wipe and patch happens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIXj_7Frmw8

these were good fuckin times

Turkina_Prime fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Sep 4, 2020

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

S w a y z e posted:

Yeah this game rules. Kind of a contrarian take but I love the burning and emphasis on nomadic gameplay, especially as a leveling factor causing diminishing returns to playing too much and hoarding too much. Endless respect for a game that respects my time.

My biggest gripe was that when the pop started dropping off, they didn't burn servers fast enough and as a result everything got super empty in like a week. The whole point of the burn was to act as a pressure release valve for player density, so the game would feel the same no matter how many people were playing.

Anyway I'll probably give this another go during the October update but only hop on a couple times a week. Easy to get burned out but this is still the best mmo out there imo.

The best times were us rolling around on a single dinghy and trying to wreak as much havoc as we could - no gear, no fear.

That and rolling with about 10 lovely fireflies with repeaters etc on top and pretending to be x-wings.

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

S w a y z e posted:

Then there was that other time where Burlington and I were grappled to some fleeing dudes and their walker dragged ours down into a crevasse. We collect ourselves and look up to see that they and another enemy walker are just pouring naked dudes over to our walker (still stuck in a tree) we hop down and fight them probably 4v2 for a good two minutes straight, with them respawning every time we took one of them down. Eventually they ran out of water and we were able to escape. There's a video of it somewhere. Still doesn't hold a candle to the time I bore witness to Forge going apeshit on 10 guys at once for a full minute and winning.

Think this is the fight you were talking about? Great times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

Oh gently caress yeah lets go.

Gold Leader will rise again.