Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerry Garcia's Ghost
Jul 26, 2001
I’ve been playing since beta and having an incredible amount of fun, on my own soloing and with the clan. If you're on the fence about playing, get the gently caress off the fence and buy this poo poo now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerry Garcia's Ghost
Jul 26, 2001
Hey guys, uh totally not a spy here but who are we attacking tonight? And if you get suspicious for any reason, this is totally my name in-game!

Jerry Garcia's Ghost
Jul 26, 2001

Ossipago posted:

Game is fine. These games are always best right at launch if you want to play it as an mmo, and we're past that now. Goons and a lot of other people played the crap out of it for the first couple months and folks are starting to take breaks. It's actually a pretty good time to solo since there's drastically fewer pirate clans and griefers roving around right now. Devs are still releasing good updates slowly but surely. New map and new walker are both cool. If you want large scale pvp this instant then the goon clan isn't what you're looking for though. Once more content has been added and there's an actual endgame loop expect a little resurgence.

The desert aesthetic really lends itself to a low population survival game. I hope the pop increases for the devs sake and because I want more content, but I'm kind of digging the lone wastelander feel right now.

So you can break your base out without fear of getting ganked these days? Can you go into a meteor crash site and clean up without being ganked?

Jerry Garcia's Ghost
Jul 26, 2001

nakieon posted:

New Volcanyon map seems interesting, wonder what they drop more materials of and what the POIs look like/give.

When does that come out so that the current 300 people playing can see it

Jerry Garcia's Ghost
Jul 26, 2001
Currently downloading. Im going to ride through the new map on my bank walker. If I get wrecked by a clan, at least someone will get excited. might even shout in the zone channel what I am doing, for shits and giggles.

Jerry Garcia's Ghost
Jul 26, 2001

nakieon posted:

So they introduced merchants that sell a limited number of tablets (around 15 tabs per merchant) for something like 5k flots each. You can do quests and easily get thousands of flots. This led to proxies already being built and claiming medium oases within 24 hours.

And Wingsuits being sold for 10k flots in some places, and whatnot

Quests? Are they just go kill X Rupu type quests?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerry Garcia's Ghost
Jul 26, 2001
I wanted to come back but last time I got swept up in the "sand pirate" and my wife left me with our 7 newborn children and pregnant dog so this time around I PROMISED my wife I wouldn't do that again.