Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lord_daeloth
Jun 2, 2004

Yeah, I was a weekend warrior and all I did each weekend after the burn started was spend my entire time moving my boats to the new hex. My advancement stopped almost entirely unless I just spent time farming in whatever hex it happened to put me in, and then I might as well have been playing solo. Wasn't really fun anymore. And I'm not even one of the giant base builders! I just wanted to advance my tech and hang out gathering stuff or fighting when it happened, but after the burn I was always so far away that all I could do was contribute a body to someone else's boat. And with the server cap meta going on, usually that just meant sitting in a queue for hours while watching a movie. They need to either bump up the burn times or make it so you can just teleport one of your boats to a clan controlled hex. Heck, put a cap on what the largest ship you can teleport is if they are worried about exploitation. Fix the burn time issue and the server cap thing (I have no ideas for that one) and I'd be back in a heartbeat. Game was super fun for a good while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lord_daeloth
Jun 2, 2004

Idea for fixing the queue capping: Make it random. Whenever a slot opens, pick a random person from the queue to let in instead of just whoever has been waiting the longest. Big clans still have their numbers advantage as they can pack more into the queue, but now can't completely lock people out. Also, let people who were logged out on that tile travel to somewhere else. Then you could have some fun times with counter offensives. OwO capping your tile? Grab a gang and go hit one of their tiles to draw pressure off.