Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Haven't even been able to log in since I purchased the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Arven posted:

This seems like the exact kind of janky thing I love. Is the usual bad games crew playing?

What seems janky about it? Already seems more polished than most other survival MMOs, server issues aside.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

vandalism posted:

I've sat in queue trying to join for a little bit but something is fucky because steam is claiming i've been in game 109 minutes. There is NO WAY that I've sat and looked at the login for 109 minutes. I'm seriously debating refunding this poo poo if I can't try it a little bit before I'm locked in, especially with all these suspicious login issues. Also, streamers seem to be playing no problem. Too suspect. I've also heard this game dev had another game they sold up to be good and then it just got ghosted off of steam and it "wasn't their fault," all the while this server issue "isn't their fault."

Pretty loving suspicious. There are a TON of people on the discord both blaming and trolling the company and then a bunch of apologists saying to cut them slack they are a small team.

Fun stuff all around, but yeah... I don't know. I won't be playing this again until it works for sure. Still burns me that it supposedly was in game 109 minutes. There's no loving way.

Streamers haven't been playing with no problems. There was ONE guy on for hours, everyone else was just playing videos of them playing during the streamer event or looking at the same login screen we are.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Jimlit posted:

I cant stop laughing at how unbelievably poo poo this game looks in motion. Like if you cant display animations for more than two embarrassing bug boats at a time why not just write wheels into the lore?

That video is not indicative of most people's experience. This game is pretty well optimized and most people should be able to play on high, at least. That video is on low.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

more i think about this game the less i like it

rust is far simpler and relies far more on player skill

i really hope mediocre gear can still compete with high end poo poo

Rust is a completely different type of game.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Ninogan posted:

Game is wiping for the relaunch. Get in here.

They said they weren't wiping, though?

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

servers still going down regularly US WEST

great game, great devs

Stop buying early access games if it bothers you so much. Yet, I see you in nearly every one of these threads...

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

What's the best way to farm fragments? I can't seem to find many of them.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

How do you even go between region's servers anymore? I only see EU in the world map now, where I used to be able to zoom out and see every region.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

my comment also applies to the game media and corporate reviewers.

this game is amazing with a couple of things that could be changed to make it better, so far we've only lost 1 fight on the first day and ever since it's been a string of victories.

the game is either easy or we're all just running up against shitters

Do you have multiple personalities or something? You go back and forth between the game being poo poo and being amazing.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

How are you beating people when you spawn naked, no matter your numbers? You can't block with fists, they should be able to just mow you down.

Edit: nm, probably jumping on repeaters

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Are there private servers for this yet? I always prefer that environment to the huge clan v clan clusterfuck games like this become. I understand this is that type of game 100%, but would rather not deal with the drama.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

He literally flip flops between praising the game and saying it sucks every other post. How could anyone take anything he says seriously

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I've spent the past several days casually glancing at every tree in existence trying to find a single beehive. I have not succeeded.

You're wasting your time looking in medium zones. They are all over the place in hard zones.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

please knock Mom! posted:

Cool, thank you.

To any EU goons out there, we set up in a hard zone away from the Chinese. Currently holding it down with one allied clan, just quote this post if you’re stranded.

I’m not sure how long this faux-region lock will take. Anyone able to travel from eu to na? Game keeps telling me it’s impassible terrain.

Are you in Stronger Men? I tried joining earlier but I think you guys were busy fighting.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

The Dirtiest Harry posted:

Can anyone playing from AU/NZ comment on how this game copes latency-wise?

There are Australian servers.

And as a tip, never trust anything this guy says...

large fights are such a laggy clusterfuck ping is pretty much irrelevant anyway, just flailing around with a fast weapon is pretty effective

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Nah it's just a few goons and a bunch of other friends of mine, we're not 'the EU goon clan'

Are you guys not accepting anyone else? I asked a few days ago and was told "1-2 more people" but FF7 Remake came out before I could join...

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

What I want to know is what hacks could help you out in this game, anyway? ESP, sure, but unless there's an auto block hack...wait, nevermind. There probably is.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Stormgale posted:

I just do some farming and Helping out the base during EU hours myself (cause i'm an EU lass) but yeah not being able to take part in big stuff does suck, hopefully some more EU people may be coming?

I'm EU but I'm playing on actual EU servers and am going to be looking for a group once I beat FF7 Remake

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

FileNotFound posted:

How bad is the lag really?

Every single game of this kind that I played made me quit because of the horrific lag...

Empyrion, horrific lag, Worlds Adrift (RIP) horrific lag, Atlas horrific lag....

I'm hearing mixed feedback about the lag and it's been the primary reason for me not wanting to touch yet another early access pvp survival game...

I have never experienced any lag but I've never been in a massive fight. But literally any game with a lot of players in one spot is going to have lag.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Are there any EU groups I could join? Last I heard, Stronger Men wasn't adding anyone else. I don't want to play with the NA group mostly because of the timezones, but also because of the group size and drama that comes with it.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

I guess I could give playing on the NA servers a go. Gotta get reinvited to the big boy Discord channels though.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Stormgale posted:

The game plays fine on NA servers with EU lag fwiw, as I said above the only downside is most of the big stuff (Currently) happens in NA prime. With enough people coming over we can certainly change that

As long as it gets me away from the Russians...

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

sex excellence posted:

are any of you goons affiliated with liverupucams.com? shits pretty embarrassing... charging paypal money or BTC for a 'walker pass' lol. they attacked CPLX last week and got creamed.

Go back to GBS

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

sushibandit posted:

With the way quality materials and crafting stations slowly feed into each other in a loop and how much of a pain it is to get large quantities of any particular tablet type, I'd expect any further wipes to obliterate the playercount.

It's an early access game, wipes are to be expected. But what do you mean "further" wipes? They haven't wiped at all, have they?

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

There was a wipe after the initial false start of a launch

I didn't know that. I have had it since day one, but I wasn't able to play during the initial server issues, so maybe that's why I didn't notice a wipe.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Are there private servers yet? I have no interest in playing this game on official servers with or alongside mega-clans.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Don't the private servers have the capability to have multiple tiles?

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Ad by Khad posted:

Only if you rent multiple servers and cluster them together, atlas-style

But since it's done through Nitrado, probably no one will actually do that, because the kind of person willing to drop hundreds of dollars a month on a private cluster is already going to be aware of how fuckin terrible Nitrado is

Guess you're right, I just looked at the community server list to see what was available and....there isn't a single one.

Edit: Oh, nevermind...they are just pre-orders right now...

GoGoGadget fucked around with this message at 12:20 on May 22, 2020

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

ZexyWizard89 posted:

From my understanding the private servers rentable are "per tile" and does not include Iron. We do have a member of our company who has a private server up and running with a 10x resource gather to play with.

Kind of dumb, but I'll have to check it out anyway.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Raged posted:

Game is dead. Hit sub 1k players.

Star Wars Galaxies Legends (the NGE version emulator) has more players online

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Not having massive permanent bases is one of the defining mechanics of this game. They told people from the beginning this is how it was and that the burn was going to be a thing.