Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

PyRosflam posted:

Any advice given everyone is new?

You can restart from the edge of the map by using "return to lobby" from the [ESC] menu. You must be in or standing on your walker in order to take it with you. There's a 2 minute countdown before it takes effect.

Once you're in the clan, your walker's default setting is to be lootable by clan members. Turn it off if you have anything in it you were hoping to keep, because we've got a vulture problem right now.

Otherwise, the OP sums it up pretty well. There's also a link in our discord (channel is named something like "getting started" or "newbie") to an extensive tutorial guide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

1001 complaining about surmountable game mechanics completely ruining his leet pvp experience is pretty par for the course. Best to keep his red text in mind.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Ad by Khad posted:

It'll probably go on sale later, allowing a person who refunded to get it back for less

The early access price is a discounted price. You'd have to wait for a while after release to get it on sale, let alone at a discount lower than the current one. Assuming the game both makes it to release and doesn't quickly get shunted into maintenance mode, of course. Wouldn't be the first promising early access game to do either of those things, nor the first such game for this developer.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

The 10% of harvested materials that a clan with ownership of the map gets, does that include fragments?

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

please knock Mom! posted:

One of my friends is an absolute god with the grappling hook and one time swung from tree to tree while smashing multiple chinese zerglings between swings.

Arven posted:

The center of the fight was a harpooned walker hanging over the side of a cliff with us fighting the crew on the deck.

These both sound amazing. I'd love to see video of either of these. What grappling hook was your friend using? I've found the entry-level hook doesn't reel in quickly enough to get good horizontal movement. It usually reels out pretty quickly - fast enough that you can take falling damage - but sometimes glitches and unreels at a snail's pace... usually when I've just grabbed a giant cactus fruit and need to get down before my stamina runs out.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

GoGoGadget posted:

What's the best way to farm fragments? I can't seem to find many of them.

I've only gotten as far as the first map after the cradle, but for me it's been looting the ancient wrecks. I'll get 1-2 from the goodie bags that don't have any access requirements, ~5 from the ones you need an axe for, and lots from the ones you need a walker-mounted ballista for. The spider walker model with the rear ballista (and crap cargo space) can drag the smaller crates, but not the very largest ones. You'll also get a metric poo poo-ton of repair hammers and entry-level armor from wrecks.

Hello Sailor fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Apr 6, 2020

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Good Dumplings posted:

quick question: someone in the pub forums has to have made garbage shipgirl art. how bad is it?

Mix it with the "dragons loving cars" thing, but with the game's giant monsters.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Aertuun posted:

Does the tick/burning damage from fire bolts stack? Or do you only have one on a walker at a time?

Haven't used them yet myself, but I heard folks on our discord say that it stacks and a single bolt does something like 800 damage over a 10 minute period.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Anyone know what these remote ballista are supposed to do? I built one, put it on my dinghy, and can store things in it, but can't figure out how to use it.

e: VVV - Ooh, thanks. Gonna try dragging one of those goddamn blue cats across the landscape.

Hello Sailor fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Apr 6, 2020

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Nalin posted:

The best way to kill the Nurr is to jump onto their back from on top of your walker. They can't hurt you then. Just remember to grapple them before you deal the last hit so you can find their collision box. There is a bug in the current build of the game where the collision box rolls away from the creature model when it dies. Your grapple hooks onto the collision box so you can determine where it rolls away. This is also a useful tip to harvest Phemke hide.

I tried that a few times, but haven't gotten the hang of it yet. So, lots of cat bites. I'm looking forward to harpooning one of those jerks and dragging them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

I can't fight worth a poo poo, so I like to go full speed as far as I can into the desert when I get a walkerless boarder like that, especially if there are 2-3 of them and only one made it on. Have fun hoofing it all the way back to your buddies before a crew on a stiletto spots you, jackass. Hope you have enough water on you.