Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
Hi! This will be my first LP in several years. Alongside Skippy Granola, we will be playing and discussing the lore for The Division, a 2016 MMOFPS. This game has some seriously right-wing overtones, such as you being legally allowed to kill anyone, anywhere, at anytime. Not because it's a game, that's an actual piece of backstory. Strap in, this is going to get political.

Episode 1

Mycroft Holmes fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Mar 31, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Dope, love me some skippy granola LP stuff

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Oh god this is Ubisoft as gently caress :allears:

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
I can only get the video in 480p, which may just be because it's still doing YouTube things, but it's also kind of jerky and desynced? Maybe it'll sort itself out when I come back, but I didn't make it much past the learning to shoot bit.

Also I'd heard this was a game from fascist freep hell but goddamn it's awful. Didn't they insist it was actually apolitical?

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

90s Cringe Rock posted:

I can only get the video in 480p, which may just be because it's still doing YouTube things, but it's also kind of jerky and desynced? Maybe it'll sort itself out when I come back, but I didn't make it much past the learning to shoot bit.

Also I'd heard this was a game from fascist freep hell but goddamn it's awful. Didn't they insist it was actually apolitical?

the jerk and desync is from how bad the connection was, my friend. we agreed to never play on a weekend again.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Is youtube loving up or was the game running like absolute poo poo when you recorded? It's unwatchable right now

e: apparently I left this open for like 12 hours and didn't read the replies in the meantime. Nice dude

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
yeah the quality is almost as bad as the setting

eager to see more brave secret fifth freedom patriots securing the existence of their people and a future for non-looter children

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
ok, I did some stuff and am now uploading a better version of the video. I'll update the link when it goes public. I'll also probably have episode 2 out tonight as Skippy is on vacation from work so we have free time.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
new version up. This one is a little better, I hope.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Still stuck at 480p but the audio is better-synced at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
Ok, so me and Skippy tried to record another episode but the servers are so bad that we are calling this LP off. gently caress dealing with 20 minutes of downtime while we wait for stuff to load.