Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
lol I forgot to make this thread until 15 minutes after it started

Anyway come sit and join in one of the worst Manias of the modern era, airing on ESPN as we speak. Is WWE eager to show the current AEW champion getting buried and humiliated? You bet your rear end they are! Will the Triple H main event be a boring sack of poo poo? Most likely!

WWE Intercontinental Championship ladder match: Kevin Owens(c) vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. The Miz vs. Zack Ryder vs. Sami Zayn vs. Stardust vs. Sin Cara
Chris Jericho vs. AJ Styles
The League of Nations vs. The New Day
No Holds Barred match: Brock Lesnar vs. Dean Ambrose
WWE Women's Championship: Charlotte Flair vs. Sasha Banks vs. Becky Lynch
Hell in a Cell match: Shane McMahon vs. The Undertaker
Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royale
WWE World Heavyweight Championship: Triple H(c) vs. Roman Reigns

Benne fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Mar 30, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Kevin Owens taking hellacious bumps for a match nobody remembers is a weirdly consistent part of his WWE career

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Wait, so Smackdown played the main event of this show on FOX two days before it aired on ESPN?

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.

Jerusalem posted:

Wait, so Smackdown played the main event of this show on FOX two days before it aired on ESPN?

They did the same thing the week before with the Cena/Wyatt match, I think Fox is actively trying to torpedo ESPN's replays at this point...

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Hey remember when the New Day were cool and did creative new things and weren't just doing the same pancake schtick for loving 3 years at this point

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Man I love that Booty-Os Sayan Armor entrance. :allears: My sister went to this Mania, her and her husband sat behind the loving stage in the nosebleeds lol.

Also it's pretty :stare: to see Kofi still had more chest muscles not that long ago.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
Honestly, I'm just watching because A: there's nothing else to do, and B: I really wanna see if they're craven enough to still advertise the Roman/Goldberg match knowing full well it's not gonna happen. I gave them a roll of the eyes waiver on Friday since the show was already in the can, but hoo boy if they still try to pretend it's happening tonight.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

GLOSS posted:

Honestly, I'm just watching because A: there's nothing else to do, and B: I really wanna see if they're craven enough to still advertise the Roman/Goldberg match knowing full well it's not gonna happen. I gave them a roll of the eyes waiver on Friday since the show was already in the can, but hoo boy if they still try to pretend it's happening tonight.

"Nothing else to do" has been the reason we loving post about this poo poo for like ever.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The hot fan-favorite group losing to the boring heel faction, who then get beat up by old guys, is the platonic ideal of "nobody gets over" booking

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Always nice to be reminded that Michael Cole is the loving dirt worst

Homeybeef
May 23, 2008
Quick! Someone tell me how bad this Hell in the Cell match is so I can go do something else.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Homeybeef posted:

Quick! Someone tell me how bad this Hell in the Cell match is so I can go do something else.

It's real fuckin bad OP

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Homeybeef posted:

Pretty bad, but Shane does attempt to kill himself by falling with a splat onto an announce table.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Everybody remembers the dive off the cage but not the 20 minutes of lovely, lovely fake MMA that preceded it

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
...yup, this match still stinks

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

Ahhh, there's the Roman/Goldberg commercial you shitbags...

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

GLOSS posted:

Ahhh, there's the Roman/Goldberg commercial you shitbags...

I just noticed that :lol: this company has no loving shame

Homeybeef
May 23, 2008
I ran out of stuff to do and now I see this match is still going

Homeybeef
May 23, 2008
Why are people surprised by this? Shane has been doing the "jump off of things" stunt for almost 20 years at this point

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Homeybeef posted:

Why are people surprised by this? Shane has been doing the "jump off of things" stunt for almost 20 years at this point

I think we were all more shocked that it went so long before the jump off things. It was the longest match of the night in the end.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Benne posted:

Everybody remembers the dive off the cage but not the 20 minutes of lovely, lovely fake MMA that preceded it

Occasionally I'll remember Shane's lovely triangle choke out of the blue and I'll be amused by it.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

So, uhh, why's Shane fighting Undertaker in the Cell?

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Vagabundo posted:

So, uhh, why's Shane fighting Undertaker in the Cell?

Shane came back after like 10 years to feud with Vince over Raw sucking rear end, and Vince said if you beat Undertaker in a cell at Mania you get control of Raw. So here we are. Where Shane loses but the next night Vince hands control of Raw over to Shane anyways. Making this match completely pointless.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Dimebags Brain posted:

Shane came back after like 10 years to feud with Vince over Raw sucking rear end, and Vince said if you beat Undertaker in a cell at Mania you get control of Raw. So here we are. Where Shane loses but the next night Vince hands control of Raw over to Shane anyways. Making this match completely pointless.

And Undertaker, at least the character, was OK with this? I know that these days, the guy he's working with at Mania tends to do the heavy lifting in terms of promos and poo poo, but did he ever appear on Raw and be all like "Wait, why am I involved in this family squabble?"

Also, who's The League of Nations? I'm assuming it's not the mostly toothless organisation that preceded the UN between the first and second world wars that is battling the New Day.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
League of Nations was Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Rusev and Wade Barrett in WWE's latest attempt at an "evil foreigners" heel stable.

Of course Roman kicked all their asses on the night they debuted, immediately making them ineffectual geeks

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i misread the thread title as wrestlemania 23 and threw on espn hopin to enjoy some sick batista vs undertaker and michaels vs cena action. i am really unhappy with what you did to me poster Benne.

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
rock with a flamethrower cant give roman heat.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Vagabundo posted:

And Undertaker, at least the character, was OK with this? I know that these days, the guy he's working with at Mania tends to do the heavy lifting in terms of promos and poo poo, but did he ever appear on Raw and be all like "Wait, why am I involved in this family squabble?"

Also, who's The League of Nations? I'm assuming it's not the mostly toothless organisation that preceded the UN between the first and second world wars that is battling the New Day.

Nah, Taker was cool with it, he had nothing going on that night anyways.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
gently caress off Rocky you made that same "WreslteMania babies" joke 2 years earlier

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Benne posted:

League of Nations was Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Rusev and Wade Barrett in WWE's latest attempt at an "evil foreigners" heel stable.

Of course Roman kicked all their asses on the night they debuted, immediately making them ineffectual geeks

So, about as useful as the actual historic League of Nations.

Dimebags Brain posted:

Nah, Taker was cool with it, he had nothing going on that night anyways.

Considering he's fighting a McMahon, I guess it could've been worse. He could've thanked Vince for the opportunity to be in the same ring as a McMahon.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Even when Bray Wyatt isn't wrestling he still manages to poo poo up the ring

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Braun with hair looks so weird

e: A guy like Bray doing this spooky, super serious gimmick and having Rock just make fun of it and take the piss out of it really kills the whole thing

Same thing with Goldberg and the Fiend really

Intruder fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Mar 30, 2020

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

I mean, I was gonna watch this and then freeform had back to the future on again.

But I respect those who are watching this! Everybody looked weird as hell.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Even in an edited format this show feels like it's taking loving forever

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

lol I completely forgot about everyone disappearing under the bottom rope so Shaq and Show could have a faceoff

oh poo poo it's Aron Rex

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
We're at the main event already which means they cut the Jericho and Moxley matches :laffo:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

This match was like half an hour IIRC

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

There's so much I had forgotten about this time period

Roman's nose job

The whole "the guy" thing

e: god these main event style triple h matches are poo poo

Intruder fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Mar 30, 2020

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Has Triple H ever had a good Mania main event

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeybeef
May 23, 2008
Tuning back in after watching a movie. Was Stephanie just asking to speak to the refs manager?