Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
Fire Emblem: Fates was garbage so I'm actually playing something good now. Join Ed, Mike and I for

Youtube Playlist
Ep 01 - The Pilot's Gauntlet
Ep 02 - BT-7274 (Gallant)
Ep 03 - BT-7274 (Goofus)
Ep 04 - Blood and Rust (Gallant)
Ep 05 - Blood and Rust (Goofus)
Ep 06 - Into the Abyss (Gallant)
Ep 07 - Into the Abyss (Goofus)
Ep 08 - Effect and Cause (Gallant)
Ep 09 - Effect and Cause (Goofus)
Ep 10 - The Beacon (Gallant)
Ep 11 - The Beacon (Goofus)
Ep 12 - Trial by Fire (Gallant)
Ep 13 - Trial by Fire (Goofus)
Ep 14 - The Ark (Gallant)
Ep 15 - The Ark (Goofus)
Ep 16 - The Fold Weapon (Gallant)
Ep 17 - The Fold Weapon (Goofus)

Ep 18 - Frontier Defense (War Games - Regular)
Ep 19 - Frontier Defense (Rise - Hard)
Ep 20 - Multi-Player (Pilot vs Pilot)
Ep 21 - Multi-Player (Titan Brawl)
Ep 22 - Multi-Player (Last Titan Standing)
Ep 23 - Multi-Player (Live Fire)
Ep 24 - Multi-Player (Amped Hardpoint)
Ep 25 - Multi-Player (Attrition)
Ep 26 - Multi-Player (Bounty Hunt)
Ep 27 - Multi-Player (Capture the Flag)
Ep 28 - Multi-Player (Coliseum)

Titanfall 2 is a scifi first person face shooter for the PC/PS4/XBONE that came out in Oct 2016. The story follows rifleman Jack Cooper after he crash lands on the hostile planet of Typhon. Cooper is part of the Frontier Militia, a group of redneck rebels with robots, who are on the attack against the IMC, the games dirty capitalist bad guys who also have robots. You control Cooper as he runs though several linear levels shooting people in the face. You can also double jump or wall run to shoot people in the face, with style. Sometimes you get in giant robots, and have them shoot other giant robots in the face. If this sounds like your standard FPS fare, you would technically be correct. You would also be missing the entire appeal of this game.

A smart man who has a much better way with words than I wrote "Titanfall 2 goes for feel above all else, and it feels fantastic". This game is all about "feel". The "feel" of each guns unique handling, the weight of the recoil, its reload animations. The "feel" of the fluid and responsive jump-kit movement system, the sense of barely-in-control speed you have that makes the combat exciting and dynamic. The "feel" of your titans, weighty but surprisingly agile, the punch of firing its main gun. The "feel" of the levels, nonsensical in that video game way but setup like a puzzle that begs you to try different paths though them. I could go on and on about how this game feels to play but frankly the LP will never truly be able to convey this a posteriori knowledge since you're just watching a video of me play. That said, this game is :20bux: so you really have no excuse for not picking it up and experiencing it yourself.

The LP will be going thought the single player campaign first followed by some multiplayer content. For single player, each game chapter (after the first obligatory tutorial level) will have two LP episodes dedicated to them. These levels will be played with different styles to show off different things. The intro to the first episode explains it pretty well and I don't want to ruin the surprise~

Is this real?
Only if you believe~

What's the spoiler policy?
Things we've seen/talked about in posted eps are fair game. Spoiler tag other stuff.

Why do the videos look so loving good holy poo poo its like you hired a professional production company.
If this LP doesn't go well it won't be for lack of effort.

How often are you going to release video?
Depends on my backlog, prob 1 or 2 a week.

I haven't though about Highlights in two decades.
Apparently they're still in print? I haven't seen one in forever.

I want to shoot you be shot by you when you record the multiplayer videos
Once we finish the single players stuff I'll post some info in the thread about time/locations for that.

Why do you do this to yourself Kuvo?
I love cool robots and also cool FPS

lmao look at this scrub who cant get a sub 15sec gauntlet time gitgud noob
i have come to terms i will never be as good as the speed-running community, and it doesn't make my love for this game any less

Can you upload a version where you don't talk over all of voice acting?
Probably not.

Is this going to be like your other LPs where you sucked at every fight, paid no attention to the game, got drunk and yelled and even passed out in a few episodes?
No I think I'm actually pretty decent at this game. Also its all prerecorded so I have no excuse if it sucks.

I don't understand whats going on in the most recent video!
Ask in the thread, I'll try to explain things.

Kuvo fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Jul 26, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Oh hell yes. Titanfall 2 remains the best shootmans you can currently pay money for and frankly after FE:Fates you deserve it.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
drat, Rumsfeld got one hell of a graphics upgrade.

I810BUX
Aug 10, 2007

Cheesu~~
Important thread reminder that BT stands for Big Thrussy

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Nice, I've always intended to play through it, then never really did.
Good to see you play something actually good for a change.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
Paused the first video to watch a couple of Gauntlet speedruns and I love it.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
the current world record, blink and youll miss it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpEvguCpWog

also, Cash Mayo plays on controller

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?
Titanfall 2! You're playing something good! I'm relieved—was worried you might head straight back into the garbage mines.

Now I've got to decide if I want to pick it up again to stay ahead of your videos, or just slack off and watch you play.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

I remember when I played through this game, the one question I had for each level was basically "I wonder what kind magic the speedrunners will find for this."
I was not disappointed.

JetpackJeezus
Jul 27, 2011

Heaven Can Wait

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Yo T2 is one of the sickest shooter campaigns there is. It's a shame Respawn is sentenced to toiling in the Battle Royale mines for the foreseeable future.

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

What is that bear doing there?

Rody One Half posted:

Yo T2 is one of the sickest shooter campaigns there is. It's a shame Respawn is sentenced to toiling in the Battle Royale mines for the foreseeable future.

Titanfall 2's campaign put a manic grin on my face on average at least once every level or two. It is criminally underrated. So many good moments.

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Yeaaaaaaaaaah I love Titanfall 2, its super good. The multiplayer pve horde mode was so much fun, especially after finding out what a Nuke Rodeo was. The gimmick you're using is pretty great.

EDIT: Oh man the reload animation on BT's starting gun is so good.

Dreadwroth2 fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Apr 2, 2020

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Yeah okay I'll allow you one (1) good game, but then you have to play Shenmue 3.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

man nurse posted:

Yeah okay I'll allow you one (1) good game, but then you have to play Shenmue 3.

:hmmyes:

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
:frogsiren:NEW VIDEO:frogsiren:

Ep 04 - Blood and Rust(Gallant)

Kuvo fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Apr 3, 2020

Bear
Feb 23, 2015
I've never played this game, the wall running and giant robots look cool as hell tho. Watching the first episode now.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
God you're gonna convince me to replay this thing. Again.

As has been thoroughly noted, more or less every aspect of this game is fantastic. The guns are varied, distinct, and characteristic. The environments are as beautiful as they are cleverly assembled. The setpieces are fantastic. The basic fundamental acts of movement are joyous. But funnily enough, the thing that really sticks with me about Titanfall 2 isn't any of those things; it's the writing.

I admire and respect the restraint they showed writing BT. We'll see later how they handle the buddy comedy angle with Cooper, but the important detail is the balance they manage to nail with respect to BT's robot-ness. BT manages to convincingly have a character and convincingly talk like a computer, simultaneously. He's all business, all the time. He rattles off statistics and encyclopedic details. He's literal and deadpan. And yet... he has a nickname for himself. He returns your greetings. He outright asks you to "trust me". Is BT a robot mimicking amiable mannerisms, or does BT have an actual personality that happens to be the straightest straight man who ever lived? Let's find out.

Released within a week of Titanfall 2 was Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, a game which also tried to be about wallrunning doublejumping shootmans who go to space and also had a robot buddy, and managed to gently caress basically every part of it up, but amongst everything else wrong with that game the thing I found most galling was that they basically just wrote the robot like a human, and it was unbelievably jarring.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I don't even remember space CoD having a robot, that's how unmemorable it was.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

This is a game you absolutely MUST play with a decent headset, because the titan weapons have a punch to them, that you really don't get anywhere else.

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

Gallant and Goofus are better known by their code names, Venom Cooper and Vapour Cooper.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Rody One Half posted:

They made Fallen Order, which gets compared to Sekiro too much and is a little short but is still a good game.

Star Wars is kinda big leagues so I hope they really knock it out of the park on the next one.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

all commentators posted:

(Goofus relationship talk)
it is clear: Goofus has one love, and its name is speeeeeeeeeed

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

Sindai posted:

I don't even remember space CoD having a robot, that's how unmemorable it was.

It was just, like, another infantryman in your squad. I think it also acted as your copilot a lot?

Regardless, it wasn't a 40 ton war machine you could ride inside and that sounds like Optimus Prime.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Polaron posted:

It was just, like, another infantryman in your squad. I think it also acted as your copilot a lot?

Regardless, it wasn't a 40 ton war machine you could ride inside and that sounds like Optimus Prime.

Was that the one where they were racist to robots, or the other one where they were slightly more tolerant because drat near everyone was a cyborg?

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Polaron posted:

But he did have a southern accent. If you could give BT different accents like they were a smart phone's navigation app that'd be funny.

Also I don't know how to post images but if someone who does could post the 2BT drawing from Lazyfire's thread that'd be great. Fish Noise, you drew that right?

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Was that the one where they were racist to robots, or the other one where they were slightly more tolerant because drat near everyone was a cyborg?

Neither, I believe. I think it's more or less unremarked on that you have a sentient war droid in your squad beyond "Oh hey, we've got a new squadmember for you".

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

The coolest man-sized robot remains Cain from Binary Domain.

Edit: That was a lot of unintentional rhyming.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ep 05 - Blood and Rust(Goofus)

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

I'm going to miss Cpt. Lastimosa, if only because Fred Tatasciore almost never gets to do unusual accents and his performance was hilarious.

Looking at the IMDB page, I'm legitimately surprised that BT's voice actor isn't that prolific. It looks like the only other major role he had was the Chameleon in the Amazing Spider-Man 2 tie-in game, plus some miscellaneous announcing and "additional voices" on smaller games.

theenglishman fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Apr 6, 2020

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
did you just spend more time on everyone else's mechs than your own

White Coke posted:

Also I don't know how to post images but if someone who does could post the 2BT drawing from Lazyfire's thread that'd be great. Fish Noise, you drew that right?
yeah, guilty

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Can BT die when you aren't piloting him? Based on how that fight went I'm guessing not.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Sindai posted:

Can BT die when you aren't piloting him? Based on how that fight went I'm guessing not.

Yup. I think we mention it at some point in the next set of videos, because I remember also being surprised when Kuvo brought it up.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Watching these and yeah im gonna be playing this again now because its so good. Also you totally can hack spectres in multi if no ones mentioned it.

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Polaron posted:

Neither, I believe. I think it's more or less unremarked on that you have a sentient war droid in your squad beyond "Oh hey, we've got a new squadmember for you".

Yeah I think most of the soldiermans in Infinite were mostly, "Oh hey cool the robot guy".

Cool Dogs Only
Nov 10, 2012
Thank you for playing a good game this time. I also just want to say I love that you always use reuse some of the FAQs from your past LPs. Made me laugh.

DTurtle
Apr 10, 2011

I'm really loving the gimmick with Gallant and Goofus. I would most probably be playing more like Gallant, but the Goofus play-style looks like a lot more fun.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ep 06 - Into the Abyss (Gallant)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
I can finally post this.