Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
Ash: should I gently caress around?
Blisk: Do not gently caress around
Jack: gently caress AROUND AND FIND OUT
Ash: Imma gently caress around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DTurtle
Apr 10, 2011

Man those executions are brutal.

Most of the game seems so arcadey, and then :commissar:

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

The factory is the level that while I was playing(and getting killed by crush hazards), I went "Man the speedrun strats for this are going to be fully stupid and I can't wait"

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
I know one of you mentioned the reload animations for all the guns and specifically for the G2 and i just wanted to mention there are hidden very rare reloads and the g2 one is prettty good.

Spoilered for short clip of MP

https://youtu.be/nGO0MO7zIE8

Also the G2 magazine wouldnt fall out because it locks in and the release is what cooper is hitting on the back to flick it out :pseudo:

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Titanfall 2's weapon animator is Ranon Sarono (also lead animator for Respawn until 2018 iirc), who became sorta famous at one point for his joke weapon animations:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmIlogViPes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8WXWL_eZH0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puzuqS1D2Lc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WasgRxx6r4

But also had some fantastic "serious" work in his portfolio before getting hired:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYWQ-UzTpZ8

He went on to do a bunch of other work including , you can see most of his stuff at his youtube channel

Note: There's an animation reel for Titanfall 2 but it has some non-weapon stuff we haven't seen yet so I'm not gonna link that one. Be careful if you're gonna watch it.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSezUnbvCLYBXuUlPcXU_QQ

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
/\/\I love his joke reloads./\/\
This is probably my favorite section of the game in terms of super interesting level design, I really like that they aren't shy about encouraging you to be outside BT a lot.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

This level makes literally 0 sense and I love it.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Kibayasu posted:

This level makes literally 0 sense and I love it.

How else are you going to test your killer robots?

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
The furniture is just pre-aged for your comfort. That armchair's had a robot sitting in it to deliver the perfect amount of wear.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

to accomplish this, they scan your rear end and replicate it on the robot, in order to produce a matching personalized rear end groove instead of a geometric robuttic imprint

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
i wonder about the sustainability of this whole assembly line operations

like do they recycle the robot assprints somehow or is there a huge junkyard of them out back

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
It's built over a giant pit because when someone screws up the timing and two pieces slam into each other they can just drop them.

DTurtle
Apr 10, 2011

What gets me is the uselessness of the whole training simulation. I mean, you arm the (captured) enemy with actual, real weapons and set them to fight your own guys with actual, real weapons. So, you gain what exactly? Your guys can still die!

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

I think the idea is that you can test your prototype robots and also that you can jack off to the hard decision of being cruel with no real upside.

You have to send in people to clean up when your fancy robots fail and the quasi-human robot put in charge of the facility decides to make another hard decision and waste the human resources of her employer's employer being cruel with no real upside.

Also I've played a ton of warframe recently and the differences between the jumpy ninja poo poo options are giving me fits.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

Kuvo posted:

i wonder about the sustainability of this whole assembly line operations

like do they recycle the robot assprints somehow or is there a huge junkyard of them out back
oh there's no sustainability in any of it at all

like you seen those giant rivers of metal-loaded wastewater flowing all throughout the facility from their manufacturing processes for the shittons of metal they use

now obviously they don't make nearly as many robotic butts but, you know
you just know
that every now and then some sluice opens up to release a deluge of discarded silicone hindquarters into those waste channels
a regularly scheduled artificial avalanche of android rear end

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
The sense I got of the place is that it's a pre-existing factory that constructs prefab housing for sane purposes like being subsequently transported to other locations on this obviously well-populated planet which happens to have been taken over by a slightly unhinged cyborg mercenary and repurposed to make team deathmatch maps.

Ash notes "this facility was built to kill" and there's no interpretation under which I'm completely sure what she meant by that.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

DTurtle posted:

What gets me is the uselessness of the whole training simulation. I mean, you arm the (captured) enemy with actual, real weapons and set them to fight your own guys with actual, real weapons. So, you gain what exactly? Your guys can still die!

The Domes were for testing the robots, to help them optimise the design and programming. If some robots are destroyed in the process, who cares? We'll build better ones using the combat data.

I assume normally it's robot-vs-robot matches and Ash decided to dump some POWs in there because she's a psycho.

The Lone Badger fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Apr 11, 2020

DTurtle
Apr 10, 2011

The Lone Badger posted:

The Domes were for testing the robots, to help them optimise the design and programming. If some robots are destroyed in the process, who cares? We'll build better ones using the combat data.

I assume normally it's robot-vs-robot matches and Ash decided to dump some POWs in there because she's a psycho.
Oh right, many of the enemy are humanoid robots, right? I can never really tell the difference until suddenly Kuvo sticks something on them and they become our friends.

Catzilla
May 12, 2003

"Untie the queen"

The Lone Badger posted:

I mean it could be training for human soldiers also. They don't have to use live ammunition. This is a problem that current notaries have solved.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1248347107993374720

hi go play this game for 5 bux

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
double post

MShadowy
Sep 30, 2013

dammit eyes don't work that way!

Fun Shoe

DTurtle posted:

Oh right, many of the enemy are humanoid robots, right? I can never really tell the difference until suddenly Kuvo sticks something on them and they become our friends.

Yeah. Up to the point where Ash sent in those IMC grunts (a rather poorly thought out decision, really) the only humans in the testing area were you and the Militia POWs she was using as guinea pigs.

coleman francis
Aug 8, 2007

Tap tap
The ketchup bottle
None will come
Then axolotl
Hair Elf
Scuttling that facility cost the IMC 8 trillion spacebux, or 0.1% of it's revenue.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
A. That factory is awesome.
B. It makes no sense unless!
C. The factory is just one wing of a loving gigantic resource research facility and!
D. Nothing excuses dog hexacolumns ohgodmyargumentisinshambles

Still 10/10 would do meat grinder again.

ZeusCannon fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Apr 13, 2020

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I think the Dog Storage Facility is so they can include dogs in their live-fire exercises.

Also this whole place is a boondoggle and someone's son-in-law got a contract to build it for eleventy trillion spacecredits.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

The Lone Badger posted:

Also this whole place is a boondoggle and someone's son-in-law got a contract to build it for eleventy trillion spacecredits.
you know this whole complex follows S8P-style military procurement: why build one when you can build two for twice as much

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
:frogsiren:NEW VIDEO:frogsiren:

Ep 07 - Into the Abyss (Goofus)

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Video's private.

Fixed

Jobbo_Fett fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Apr 13, 2020

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
Charge Rifle just looks so happy to be there, and gets super excited when you actually shoot it.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I'm surprised Ash didn't just step on some IMC dudes for good measure while she ran in.

90s Cringe Rock posted:

Charge Rifle just looks so happy to be there, and gets super excited when you actually shoot it.

Its tappy-things reminds me of the geonosis superweapon from Republic Commando which was also a beam gun but it had fingers/claws on the side which constantly tapped on your armor trying to power itself with your blood.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
:frogsiren:NEW VIDEO:frogsiren:

Ep 08 - Effect and Cause (Gallant)

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
I got the itch to fire up Premiere, so now you all get to watch this (after the update, of course).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BrVuZUyH7s

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

In a crazy coincidence, only a month after this game was released Dishonored 2 was released which had a level with the same gimmick.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Edmond Dantes posted:

I got the itch to fire up Premiere, so now you all get to watch this (after the update, of course).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BrVuZUyH7s

:five:

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

There's a bunch of other Russian time-manipulating FPSs that would fit what you were talking aobut, like Timeshift, here's a guy talking aobut it for a bit too long:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfV5IuFamkg

It was interesting.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

When I heard the words 'time rift' when I played this, I screamed "WHAT????"

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

Singularity, the last of Raven Software's games before they were consigned to suffer in the CoD mines by Activision.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

What you're after is an automatic ascender.

Edit: I think when you appear behind someone despite it being completely implausible for you to have crossed the intervening space it's called a 'Vorhees'.

The Lone Badger fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Apr 17, 2020

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
I figured it was just the jetpack having a zipline mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
That bit where the door opens with two guards behind it in the past does pay attention to where you kill the guards and places their bodies appropriately when you pop back into the present. Kuvo only managed to get one of the guards so there was only one body and occasionally the game hitches a bit and you can see them drop when you come back to the present.