Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Why doesn't everyone use smart guns all the time???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

gun smarts ain't no match for street smarts pardner

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
I think the guy in the intro cutscene at the bar in Apex is supposed to be that dude that leaves the Apex card on BT at the end there, so he's still alive.
I played a ton of Frontier Defence, that is a real good time.

Dreadwroth2 fucked around with this message at 22:14 on May 18, 2020

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Chromatic aberration in regular optics, as opposed to the one in monitors, is the fact that different wavelengths of light have a different optical index through various materials, and therefore when you really get down in it, a lens, even a perfect one, has a different focal point for each wavelength, all of them on the same axis, and that leads to some odd looking blurry poo poo I can't be assed to google.

It's part of why telescopes are preferred in astronomy, they are a hell of a lot lighter and mirrors don't reflect each wavelength differently .

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

The final level is probably right up at the top of my list of most viscerally satisfying parts of any game I've played. From the second you wake up and see the situation you're in, to getting the smartgun, to the ending... God it's just so good!

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Haven't watched the video yet, but now I can mention that when I played the ending really bugged me. We were fighting in that tiny arena for like five minutes with the announcements proceeding and you can't spare two seconds to wrench the thing out of alignment? I would have thought that would be top priority with fighting the guy a distant second.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?
You can grab it mid-fight! It starts a quicktime event that requires more undisturbed time to complete than all the surrounding enemies will give you. I was a little confused until I realized I was supposed to ignore the top priority until I'd fought all the dudes.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Vavrek posted:

You can grab it mid-fight! It starts a quicktime event that requires more undisturbed time to complete than all the surrounding enemies will give you. I was a little confused until I realized I was supposed to ignore the top priority until I'd fought all the dudes.
Yeah I tried to do the same thing and it’s basically impossible. That arena is tiny.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

was guna post the last vid but youtubes making GBS threads itself

in the mean time i set up a discord server if you're interested in hanging out for the MP stuff. haven't set a date or time yet but you can yell at people if you want to play or something

https://discord.gg/aXQymDe

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
:frogsiren:NEW VIDEO:frogsiren:

Ep 17 - The Fold Weapon (Goofus)

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

I like to think that that first forty seconds are just showing how the world appears to Goofus all the time. :allears:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Glitches that let you ruin improve cutscenes are the best kind of glitch.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

:five:

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I think the credits cutscene feels so off because it shows a character you don't know being applauded and congratulated by everyone else. Yeah it's supposed to be you, but you've been given no indication of such, so it's kind of like watching some total stranger being congratulated for winning the game.

I810BUX
Aug 10, 2007

Cheesu~~
Titanfall 2 is good.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
hi this lp is still going its its just that we had some scheduling conflicts for recording and also i now have to edit and subtitle half an hour of video split over 4 viewpoints so it might take a few more days so thanks for understanding bye!

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ep 18 - Frontier Defense (War Games - Regular)

better late then never, here's us playing the frontier defense mode. now that we worked the kinks out there will be a few of these coming before the regular MP modes

also thanks to xumtosis for filling out our 4th slot!

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
https://www.slashgear.com/titanfall-2-life-sized-model-behind-the-scenes-boogaloo-20444980/amp/

BT is big and strong, and my friend

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Frontier Defence has my favorite pastime in TF2.... nuclear rodeo.
Yeeeee haaaawwwww!

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I didn't get to play Frontier nearly as much as I wanted to so I'm definitely here for some vicarious tower defense.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ep 19 - Frontier Defense (Rise - Hard)

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
You know, we were doing much better than I remembered... which also means poo poo went sideways way faster than I thought it did.

Hard mode doesn't gently caress around. gently caress those arc titans.

Kibayasu posted:

I didn't get to play Frontier nearly as much as I wanted to so I'm definitely here for some vicarious tower defense.

You can get a Frontier Defence game in ~3 mins if you're queueing solo; MP for TF2 is still quite active. Just reinstall and jump in.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Kuvo posted:

BT is big and strong, and my friend

large stronkboi bot

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

This always seems like a great map to defend on but eventually the numbers just don't work in your favor and the chokepoints become a liability.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Kibayasu posted:

This always seems like a great map to defend on but eventually the numbers just don't work in your favor and the chokepoints become a liability.

That map is built for a Lonestar to set up next to the harvester, and just fire shots down the lanes.
More accurately, fire shots into the backs of your teammates' titans as they constantly maneuver in front of you

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
hey the stars aligned and we got to record commentary whooo

Ep 20 - Multi-Player (Pilot vs Pilot)

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
whats this another video wowowow

Ep 21 - Multi-Player (Titan Brawl)

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Heh, more like Titan Draw.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ep 22 - Multi-Player (Last Titan Standing)

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ep 23 - Multi-Player (Live Fire)

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

The weirdest people who get mad I've encountered are the ones who play Battlefield's conquest mode and hate getting killed by vehicles. Can definitely see this mode attracting the most... competitive of sorts though.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
these forums may be dead but this lp sure isnt

Ep 24 - Multi-Player (Amped Hardpoint)

Kuvo fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Jul 9, 2020

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ep 25 - Multi-Player (Attrition)

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
I was actually just thinking how awesome a Titanfall version of Destiny would be, after also playing Destiny 2 and realizing how awful the movement is.
Totally kept tryin to wallrun and forgot I wasn't playing TF2.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Dreadwroth2 posted:

I was actually just thinking how awesome a Titanfall version of Destiny would be, after also playing Destiny 2 and realizing how awful the movement is.
Totally kept tryin to wallrun and forgot I wasn't playing TF2.

Has anyone run into an issue where they stop being able to hear people in Discord when Titanfall 2 is open? it came back as soon as i closed TF2

Edit: Lol, search lead me to the wrong titanfall thread. But i welcome any help.

Deviant fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Jul 16, 2020

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
You may have your audio device set to exclusive mode.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ep 26 - Multi-Player (Bounty Hunt)

almost done, i should just release the rest of them all

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ep 27 - Multi-Player (Capture the Flag)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
:frogsiren:LAST VIDEO:frogsiren:

Ep 28 - Multi-Player (Coliseum)

that's all folks! see u next lp