Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

vyelkin posted:

Pretty sure one of them reinvented eugenics recently but there's no way in hell I'm telling an algorithm that I'm interested in searching to find out who it was.

Epstein?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Absurd Alhazred posted:

This is such a loving honeypot for people who belong on your block list and watchlists generally.

Edit:

https://twitter.com/alpharivelino/status/1254784750503378951

LOL

Fellas is it gay to please other people? Sounds like this is why Rome fell.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Every time I see that tweet I think of this post from the Dumb Marketing Moves thread.

dirksteadfast posted:

The fact that there are companies that specialize in “manly” wedding bands and wedding tuxes (i.e. camo tuxedos) because heaven forbid my family and friends think I’m gay as I marry my wife means nothing is off the table for dumb macho products.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Moo the cow posted:

So, what is it?

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. A black hole sucks time and matter out of the Universe; a white hole returns it!

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

I'm sorry, I don't take medical advice from slam poetry.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Yeah I’ll be super happy to have the police show up an hour late and somehow end up shooting my dog.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

OwlFancier posted:

That's uh, certainly one way to say you called Ice T racist because you couldn't tell the difference between him and Ice Cube :stare:

White people taking their lives into their own hands once again.

https://twitter.com/alex_navarro/status/1250198967201267713

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

... what nation we talking about, eh Bobby?

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Who wouldn’t want a hug from Christopher Meloni’s younger creepier brother?

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Brawnfire posted:

https://youtu.be/lj2ZlY2nQ3s

My favorite scene from Black Books, a show by just Dylan Moran and nobody else but some input from his talented co-stars but nobody else besides that

I mean, if you're talking about Seasons 2 and 3, you're completely right.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Skwirl posted:

Less crimes against humanity, more crimes against fashion

https://twitter.com/appuntito160/status/1274409428997959680

Not the worst part of their ensembles, but you aren't supposed to wear a hat indoors.

That guy with the cigarette looks so viscerally uncomfortable.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Not to mention that gun's a Bryco/Jennings/Jimenez, a gun company so cheap and terrible they've gone bankrupt three times.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Data Graham posted:

I guess we're just gonna accept as normal the second biggest slice of one's monthly expenses being "donations"

It’s definitely “donations” to “drug dealers” for “cocaine”

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

seiferguy posted:

Does anyone have that tweet of the woman who was like "if you insult a guy on Twitter, they immediately start talking as if they're from 1920s Britain" because that's a good tweet.

https://twitter.com/jennyenicholson/status/1298041167628480512

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

OwlFancier posted:

Why does not the wrestlers, being larger than vince mcmahon, simply punch him until he accedes to their demands?

Zelina Vega is like 4’10” :haw:

Also this is because Vince McMahon wanted a cut of every wrestler’s Twitch money. Really.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

This makes me wish there was an Italian Uncle Roger equivalent to say “mama mia!” about this.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Yeah, isn’t lemon a term that went out of style like three years before that kid was born?

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Ah yes, the swagger of a sentient blancmagne.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

John Roderick is in that Dave Anthony category for me where they’ve made things I enjoy, but how they react to even the mildest of criticism made me never want to listen to them again.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Does this guy have some lunch money that I can steal?

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

So THAT’S how I was able to land a girlfriend. She’s not feasible!

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

...what happened in 1975?

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

God, Oberlin has been making GBS threads the bed really loving hard over the last five years (loving over unions, anti-semitism and racism, closing student co-ops) but this is just beautifully stupid.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Isn’t this the dude who opened up his gym during the pandemic and addressed the crowd with a megaphone with some Nazi stickers on it?

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

https://mobile.twitter.com/CSugarsweets/status/1377637436755431432

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Midnight Voyager posted:

Some of it does point out plot holes I guess but I wouldn't say it was meant to be critical exactly. Like in Space Mutiny when a character who was just murdered appears about one scene later.

And that’s actually funny as opposed to “boy I hope someone got fired for that blunder” level nerd bullshit.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Calling someone a pervert for something completely innocuous will never not make me laugh.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

flavor.flv posted:

Take it to the kink thread

Oh you want me to take it to the kink thread, you pervert?

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

https://twitter.com/lunch_enjoyer/status/1281009919991349255

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

learnincurve posted:

Yeh poly people and vegans do exist though, it’s just you never got trapped in a room with one of them while they hold court and explain at you.

Oh I meant the poster's hypothetical person who comes up with a slur for polyamory as bad as the most hateful word on the internet.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Baron von Eevl posted:

I don't really care if Steak-umms or whoever gets a checkmark, it's all bullshit of one corporation fellating another anyway, but I do see a difference. The official Steak-umms twitter account is a representative of a brand, and it's that brand's prerogative to make sure people are aware of which account is the one that officially represents them. For this guy, his whole brand is his twitter account. He's not using it to represent him as a person, or whatever finance poo poo he does outside of that. The twitter account represents nothing but itself, so saying that it's the official representation of that own account is meaningless. If it deserved a checkmark so would literally every other account.

Yet another way that Twitter breaks people's brains.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

This makes me profoundly uncomfortable in a way I have not experienced before.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

empty baggie posted:

Ahem, those are referred to as jewelry bags and are perfectly acceptable to hold your crystal in.

Solid username/post combo.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Walker was right!

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Idiots On Social Media: Not a single Taliban tried to deadlift

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Hey, sometimes it’s a dog drug! But “eating Heartgard” doesn’t have the same cachet as “squeezing horse paste up your butt.”

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Can’t believe your grand uncle is Colin Robinson.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Seth Pecksniff posted:

I love the awful Photoshop of ReBoot characters around him

Hey! Some of those are Beast Wars, thank you very much.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

OwlFancier posted:

Ah man neither of those are even iconically bad imo.

Like they're bad but not impressive, people have no taste.

I disagree, Ruthkanda Forever is iconically terrible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Cleretic posted:

The thing that leaves me rooting for Ruthkanda Forever is that, unlike 'Taylor would be a fun mom' or 'the peace of 1970s Belfast', it's from a source that will never try to use their stupid tweet's notoriety as a platform.

I guarantee, if one of the latter two knew how much people jeer at it, they'd try to ride it, somewhere, if just to Fox News or something. But Ruthkanda Woman doesn't really have the inclination (and probably ability) to do that, so it's just isolated, benign stupidity.

And that it’s so clearly poo poo That Didn’t Happen. I just imagine her workshopping “okay how do I comment on my Get Out style love and respect for both Chadwick Boseman and Ruth Bader Ginsburg on the Twitter…” and it makes my shoulders tense.