Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Right wingers just love being publicly owned, don’t they?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

gently caress your legacy, Dad, I’m going to use the status you brought me to become a professional rear end in a top hat!

Edit because genealogy before coffee is never a great idea.

AlbieQuirky has a new favorite as of 13:59 on Apr 1, 2020

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Will Dick Dorkins be the first human guinea pig for the untested vaccine? No? Then he should shut his pie hole.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Warmachine posted:

RE: Masculine Karen, it's gotta be Richard/Dick, based on my ultrascientific method of googling the year Karen was most popular, then googling popular baby names that year, and finding the masculine name in the same row as Karen.

Nah, it’s not just the popularity of the name, it’s also that the name is associated primarily with white, middle-class people.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

T-man posted:

I'm getting reports that the "karen is a slur" woman that started this conversation is a TERF,

It was Julie loving Bindel, Queen TERF.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Damon Young is a national treasure and everyone should read What Doesn’t Kill You Makes You Blacker.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Take a seat, Professor Buzzkill. Let people enjoy the moon.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Picnic Princess posted:

Does excessive meat make you refer to yourself in the third person?

Excessive benzos make your daughter have to take over your social media presence. The man is not well. She posted an Instagram story of him standing on the patio aimlessly turning over a toy truck in his hands, and he is not a bit healthy.

I have always disliked him and his work, but this is really sad.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Memento posted:

yo Chuck ma boy the little red squiggle under the word means you spelled it wrong

yes, that one too

Well, Charlie, liquor stores are open so that emergency rooms aren’t full of alcoholics in forced detox in the midst of a loving pandemic.

Religion may be the opiate of the masses, but you don’t actually go into withdrawal if you can’t go to church. Watch a service on the TV like a normal person.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Data Graham posted:

The version of this joke that I saw like two months ago had Donald Trump as "the world's smartest man" who took the kid's backpack.

So someone just remixed it with a NO U

typical

I remember this joke from my childhood, where it was Nixon and Henry Kissinger was the one who jumped with the backpack. :corsair:

(Sorry about the inadvertent doubleNixonposting.)

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

“The Federalist” being super true to its name here. You know that’s exactly what Hamilton, Madison, and Jay would have wanted, a President ordering governors around :rolleyes:

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Every woman who advocates against female suffrage should start with themselves and see if it catches on. That means Gun Poop Girl and Ann Coulter, too.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

chitoryu12 posted:

https://twitter.com/ScottAdamsSays/status/1250416592363483136

Scott Adams kindly volunteers to finally loving die.

I’m surprisingly okay with that.

Glenn Beck has also volunteered as tribute, though he’s not actually 60 yet so it was kind of a hollow offer.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

https://mobile.twitter.com/FINALLEVEL/status/1250498924814761987

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Scratch Monkey posted:

Please I need to know what's new with REO Speedwagon

They’re rolling with the changes.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

I had not thought about how a summer without state fairs and beach festivals was going to affect these classic rock bands :smith:

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Henchman of Santa posted:

Not only is this almost inscrutable, he chose the day where every single person was talking about Fiona Apple.

David Brooks has a real gift for being wrong.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Josef bugman posted:

I am sorry to post on this I clearly don't know enough, this was based on reading a few blogs/ talking with folks who are deaf. If you like I can get rid of my post? Sorry again!

I changed the way I put things in order to make it more clear. Once again I am sorry.

There are definitely Deaf people who advance the views you posted.

My own view is that it’s a disability that has fostered rich cultures and languages.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

https://mobile.twitter.com/prolepeach/status/1254233199128928257

Check the comments: dude comes into a thread that is literally full of dancers to scold them about the economics of their own profession.

https://mobile.twitter.com/bp3associates/status/1254249203670360066

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Danaru posted:

Is he scolding? Genuine question I cant at all parse what the hell he's saying

Yes, I think he thought all those professional strippers (look at their photos) were being prudish about their own profession, and he was trying to edumacate them on its importance.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

sugar mouse posted:

This is beyond idiots really.

Nobody tell them how Sobibor turned out :ohdear:

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Ambitious Spider posted:

this happened to me once before, but I forget how to fix it: tweets aren't displaying in the thread for some reason. any idea how to fix it?

:same: and I don’t use DuckDuckGo so that won’t fix it for me

help me

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

InediblePenguin posted:

are you using any anti-marketing browser plugins like Disconnect?

Nope. I’ve changed nothing!

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

chglcu posted:

Last time the embedding broke for me, I had to turn off Firefox’s enhanced tracking protection to fix it, IIRC.

I am using Safari.

apparently God just doesn’t want me to see bad Tweets

I will stop wasting thread space on my struggles and just accept my Tweetless fate

Thank you, everyone, for your helpfulness!

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Ten Things You Didn’t Know Were Products of Late Capitalism!

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Racistman?

Seconding the love for The Ballad of Black Tom. Victor LaValle is fantastic.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

One of the most surprising things about the 21st century is that women keep letting Elon Musk gently caress them.

To be fair, the first five kids were via IVF.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

grittyreboot posted:

Pretty simply, she was already secretly a Nazi but lefties being mean gave her an excuse to pull her mask off

Which is an impressive trick for a Jewish lady, to be honest.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Judy Mikovits was arrested for stealing stuff from the laboratory that had fired her for falsifying results.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

University professors cannot be “grooming” students, since almost all of them are 18 years old or older.

I don’t know on what planet Linehan lives where university students talk about the details of their coursework with their parents.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

The gently caress? I mean, Costco is a better employer than most national megacorps, but that doesn’t translate into “personal affection” for me.

I do have personal affection for some local small businesses, especially solo joints like my former shoe repaired and my auto mechanic, but that’s more affection for the people and what they contribute to the neighborhood (the independent convenience stores by me are being amazing right now in sourcing hard-to-get things like gloves and sanitizer and toilet paper).

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Skwirl posted:

gently caress, I didn't know she was trans, I just assumed he latched on because she didn't leave the T out of LGBT when talking about her class subject matter.

She is trans and so is her husband, so obviously Linehan must make up nonsensical lies about them.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

It should be obvious who the idiot is here:

https://mobile.twitter.com/M_Nikki_dUrso/status/1260333919804817411

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

“gun gender reveal” is the most on-brand event than Tinpot Lazy could be attending, bravo that Pride announcer.

One of the own goals I always love is when chuds are like, “WELL WHAT IF THIS THING HAPPENED, THEN YOU’D BE MAD” and it turns out that the thing has happened and people dealt with it like reasonable humans.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

T-man posted:

I look considerably more masculine and commanding than every MRA guy except the golden one combined and I'm a trans woman

:same: and I’m a cis woman

it’s not a high bar, really

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Isn’t amber waaay too soft for rings? I think opal is the same way. You’d end up having it be completely destroyed before long.

Nah. I have an amber ring that was my mother’s, so at least 60 years old, and it’s fine. Also have an opal ring that was a great-grandaunt’s.

You just can’t wear them while washing dishes or gardening or chopping wood or whatever. Not an everyday ring, but a Sometimes Ring.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Volcott posted:

Perhaps you could put a tiny shield over it, made of a transparent material.

For opals that’s called “triplet” and it is more durable than a polished stone.

I’ve never seen anyone do that with amber, though.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

I laughed. Very nice.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

CharlestheHammer posted:

What’s weird is that the human trafficking seems to be the story she herself is using but with prettier words.

Check marks are eating it up anyway

I think they know and like her personally. Also she was a child when this happened.

That said, I think her blog post was a huge mistake. Most people are inclined to believe their parents’ side of the story, but to claim to have investigated it and still just underplay the actual events to the extent she did is not a good look.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

The Saddest Rhino posted:

i only know xeni jardin as one of the original boing boing crew, what gave her all the brain worms

Cancer treatment and another health issue (stroke? concussion?) but maybe also just Silicon Valley poisoning.

She’s had a tough time the past several years, tbh.