Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Catzilla posted:

6) Post pictures on the forums

7) but not of the toilet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

How common is the loss of taste in covid patients? My wife just said the spag bol tastes weird and it can't be possibly be because my cooking is crap

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

I think she's OK, I tried some too and it was a tad bland. Which is the real tragedy

Angepain posted:

have you tried feeding her a selection of monster munch and asking her which one's her favourite

I'm not prepared to discuss our sex life on these forums

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Angepain posted:

it's great that italy was such a clear example of the dangers of inadequate virus reaction three weeks ago and from what i can tell other european countries basically went "sucks for you lol, won't happen to us"

They also went, racistly, "everyone in Italy smokes, is old, and Continental kisses their entire neighbourhood a million times everyday, so of course they've all got it".

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

marktheando posted:

Would it be really irresponsible of me to try to get some weed right now?

Should be fine if you soak it in bleach for a few hours

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Strom Cuzewon posted:

There's something grimly amusing about the papers reporting "biggest rise in cases/deaths EVER" every few days as if its a discrete event completely separated from everything beforehand. Media's always had a short memory, but its almost instantaneous now.

Must be easy as gently caress even easier as gently caress to be a journalist right now.

NUMBER GO UP!
NUMBER GO DOWN!!
NUMBER NOT GO UP OR DOWN!!!

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

hemale in pain posted:

i dunno how anyone can think this is no big deal with 560 deaths in a day

Tick all that apply:

[ ] media scaremongering
[ ] government scaremongering
[ ] Blitz spirit
[ ] it'll never happen to me/anyone I know
[ ] it's just the flu
[ ] it's my/their time
[ ] I'll/they'll be dead soon anyway
[ ] what about the economy?
[ ] insane conspiracy theory (please specify)

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Yeah, but what about all the other diseases, and car deaths, murders, yoof stabbins and cannabis overdoses? Add all them up and it's probably more than corona, so what you worried about? :smuggo: (I've actually heard a less exaggerated version of this)

Can we get a boomer version of smuggo? Maybe combine it with "this is fine"?

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

communism bitch posted:

I have a very important question.

It's clear to everybody that Pot Noodle have been defrauding us all for years with regular sized sauce sachets in king sized pots. But clearly they're not going to change course and redress this injustice right now, so my question is: what happens if you squirt some regular tomato sauce into a beef and tomato pot noodle along with their special sachet of sauce?Does it work? Or do they have a special formula of sauce to be mixed in hot water?

Asking for a friend.

Legit 100% how rona started. Don't gently caress with forces you don't understand

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

I wonder how many ingredients you'd have to add to a Pot Noodle to make it pleasant. A real poo poo of Theseus scenario

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Just LOL if your lockdown haircut isn't a masking tape mohawk

ThomasPaine posted:

Why the gently caress do these people act like this.

Peston is paid to espouse and defend a particular take.

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

extremely normal tone

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Working from home is causing extreme time dilation. I can't remember what day of the week it is, and all of a sudden it's loving April

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Barry Foster posted:

This is good. Usually I'm really, really paranoid and anxious about time slipping inevitably away from me but this is the one time that I'm like 'yup, delete the next couple of months please'

Agreed, those of us lucky enough to be on total lockdown may as well mentally speedrun this. It's just disorienting. FF7 coming out tomorrow has blown my tiny mind.

Can anyone recommend a poo poo-hot milhist podcast?

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Red Oktober posted:

Same amount of sultry staring at your enemies, more swords (just) in anime, more dancing (by lots) in Bollywood. Other than that.

What's the tentacle quotient like in Bollywood

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

LOL nice one, Beeb. Add another gammon bullshit talking point to my previously published checklist: "ahhh, but you don't know that all those people definitely died of covids :smuggo:"

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Comrade Fakename posted:

Depends on your mood, really.

Weed has never stared back at me, so the abyss has that going for it

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

LOL

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Guavanaut posted:

People get upset about any type of critical theory that hits too close to home though, like with the whole
"games are tru art and should be treated as a part of our culture"
"okay then, let's apply some basic media crit to gender and video games, remember, this doesn't mean they're bad or that you're not allowed to like them, we're just discussing themes"
"feminism is a cancer, I will rape you"
shitfest.

I wonder if this is because for a lot of people the word "criticism" has been corrupted to include only negative criticism, when it should actually be an analysis of both merits and fault. But then it's also because a lot of people are so insanely thin-skinned about the things they like that if you pause to think about, e.g, games for a second, then you can't just be viscerally enjoying them at the basest level like they are, which is... bad somehow? This last bit is something I've never understood - why and how someone's personal enjoyment of something is diminished by the lack of it in the next person :shrug:

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Well that saves a lot of time, doesn't it? You don't need to wait for the results

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

gently caress everything at the micro scale. If it isn't a visible system of gears and pulleys it doesn't exist

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

goddamnedtwisto posted:

We need to get rid of all of it, and just replace it with humours or a big Python script or something.

:hmmyes:

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Stolen from the the Cursed Images thread

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11320198/coronavirus-5g-conspiracy-theory-masts/

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Bozzer's in hozzer

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

poo poo was heretofore fictional

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Good to see the insane 5G COVID conspiracy theory getting platformed on the evening news

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Ahhh, that's the stuff. Cask strength galaxy brain, no ice.

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

https://twitter.com/_pauljoyce/status/1247215458262093824

BREAKING NEWS: man in striped vest caught leaving bank vault with massive dollar sign bag admits he had the "wrong hypothesis" about who the money belonged to

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Now that the big-brained, perfectly dry centrist is in charge, the clamour over antisemitism will lessen up for a bit, but I wouldn't be surprised to hear it trotted out against anyone leaning left. They've proven its effectiveness, so they won't shelve it forever

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Guavanaut posted:

So where does that leave all the anti-Zionist Jewish groups?

They're *checks notes* anti-Semitic, OP

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

It's not quite true to say that nobody reacted to Eamonn Holmes' stupid loving 5G comment - the woman he was interviewing enthusiastically agreed with him that we shouldn't be taking the media at face value on the matter, but then went on to denounce the antenna vandals. So the overall message of the bit seemed to be that 5G actually might be related to CV, but that we shouldn't be smashing up 5G masts anyway. loving surreal

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

I'm crawling through the Marx-Engels reader so that I actually know what half you lot are on about here, and I just got to the really racist bit in "On The Jewish Question". I can skip this bit right?

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

ThomasPaine posted:

What are they saying?

I know a lot of Marx and Engels' stuff on Jews looks pretty loving bad today, but given the former was himself Jewish I generally tend to assume that a lot of what they're saying looks significantly worse to a 21st century reader than was intended. But who knows, Engels' stuff on the 'savage races' did not age well either. The 1800s were a hell of a time!

They? It's an abridgement of Marx's work.

Marx, not me, don't ban me posted:

What is the worldly religion of the Jew? Huckstering. What is his worldly God? Money.…. Money is the jealous god of Israel, in face of which no other god may exist. Money degrades all the gods of man – and turns them into commodities…. The bill of exchange is the real god of the Jew. His god is only an illusory bill of exchange…. The chimerical nationality of the Jew is the nationality of the merchant, of the man of money in general.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

ThomasPaine posted:

lol oh dear

e: also sorry, you weren't clear as to whether it was marx or engels so I just went with both

Yeah my bad

:banjo:A lot of this earlier work goes over my head
I probably shouldn't be reading it just before bed :banjo: