Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Jon Irenicus posted:

if The Big One hits I will die assuming we are in a simulation of SIm City with someone hitting all the disasters at once

drat, that would really be some poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

the invisible hand of the free market about to help out as soon as the free market of ideas declares it the winner

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

D1E posted:

loving LOL.

The people have absolutely no capability to think and plan ahead.

And they're in charge of the federal government.

I can't wait for them to line out 30 days and change it to 45.

They do. The president doesn't. That's why he is the first two words on that chart.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I'm posting from inside a COVID hotspot and boy am I glad I got a vasectomy 6 months ago :cheerdoge:

mystes
May 31, 2006

D1E posted:

loving LOL.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

D1E posted:

loving LOL.

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

come plague my lord

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5KwSWWwKxk

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Woofer posted:

:siren::siren:

can you post in the OP any resources or orgs where I can donate money to help people getting hosed over by coronavirus or the government response to coronavirus, preferably nurses or other healthcare workers

:siren::siren:

I have a job and it’s pretty safe so I feel obligated to help out.

gently caress, I knew I was missing something. I don't actually know of any, all the focus right now has been on Congress passing multi-trillion-dollar stimulus bills and disaster funding.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009

helta posted:

Look at that fuckin nipple protruding. Someone needs to cover up that curve

The one loving time Jeff Sessions would have been useful in life.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Also her hospital is trying to lay off a bunch of nurses from floors cannibalized to take care of Covid-19 patients. NICU, PACU, some other acronyms I don't recognize.

this might be the funniest part of all this. hospitals are gonna go broke bcuz they cant perform large-margin surgeries during the roni

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Lmao we are all playing the lottery and the lucky get to die

Spime Wrangler
Feb 23, 2003

Because we can.

Jon Irenicus posted:

if The Big One hits I will die assuming we are in a simulation of SIm City with someone hitting all the disasters at once

well we know for sure we're at least going to have some crazy climate change black swan this year

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

trying to find out what this is from has confirmed my suspicion that there is an incredible amount of horny pandemic virus fanart out there, and it's starting to mutate and mix with other horny fanart cultures

Spime Wrangler
Feb 23, 2003

Because we can.

SKULL.GIF posted:

gently caress, I knew I was missing something. I don't actually know of any, all the focus right now has been on Congress passing multi-trillion-dollar stimulus bills and disaster funding.

donate to bernie, he's got his machine wired into a bunch of corona charities now

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

hello

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

I hope I survive this :(

lmaopocalypse
Mar 16, 2020

Your town or city likely has a mutual aid group on Facebook and if not you can start one.

Just getting word out about that and the concept of mutual aid is probably one of the best things you can do.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Epic High Five posted:

trying to find out what this is from has confirmed my suspicion that there is an incredible amount of horny pandemic virus fanart out there, and it's starting to mutate and mix with other horny fanart cultures

Did you find any of the sexy furry fanart of the bat that first transmitted the virus to humans?

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Spime Wrangler posted:

donate to bernie, he's got his machine wired into a bunch of corona charities now

SKULL.GIF posted:

https://secure.actblue.com/donate/b...960587%2EKl-Hd9

Bernie campaign posted:

I'm writing to you today to ask if you can split a contribution between six new charities we've identified that are supporting those most impacted by the coronavirus pandemic.

Here is the truth:

We are in the middle of a serious economic and health crisis. 3.3 million people filed for unemployment last week while the number of reported coronavirus cases and deaths in the U.S. continues to rise.

Many states have ordered non-essential businesses to close, leaving millions of workers with reduced hours and lost income, or out of a job entirely. Many are struggling to pay rent, provide food for their families, and afford the basic necessities they need.

These six new groups – the Restaurant Worker Disaster Relief Fund, the Workers Fund, the National Bail Fund Network's COVID-19 Emergency Response Fund, CERF+ COVID-19 Response Fund, Rent Zero Tenant Organizing Fund, and Amazonians United Mutual Aid Fund – are working on the front lines to help those most vulnerable during this crisis.

They need our support right now. If you can afford to contribute, I am asking today:

Can you please split a $10 contribution between these six new charities today to provide important support to those in need right now?

You can read a bit more about the six new charities below.

Restaurant Worker Disaster Relief Fund is providing direct financial support to restaurant workers in need. With restaurant closures happening in huge numbers, this fund provides small grants to workers who are out of work or with reduced hours.

The Workers Fund is providing direct aid to gig and low-earning contract workers, who have seen their income come to a halt and who don’t have a safety net.

National Bail Fund Network’s COVID-19 Emergency Response Fund is giving direct aid to organizations working during the crisis to free individuals in jails and immigration detention centers. Jails are potential hot spots for spreading the virus, and people who can be bailed out should be.

CERF+ COVID-19 Response Fund is offering a safety net and disaster aid for artists and artisans during the crisis. Protecting artists during this crisis is essential, as their income has disappeared, and sustaining the arts should always be a priority for our society.

Rent Zero Tenant Organizing Fund is supporting tenants across the country to organize and win demands for eviction moratorium and no rents during the crisis and recovery. With millions of people out of work, this is vital organizing work to protect people in need.

Amazonians United Mutual Aid Fund is organizing a mutual aid fund for Amazon warehouse workers who are putting themselves at risk during this crisis, focusing first on warehouses that have confirmed coronavirus cases but whose coworkers must still work without adequate safety protections.

Now more than ever it is important that we are willing to fight for people we do not know. With so many put out of work or put in harm's way as a result of the coronavirus crisis, we must do all we can to help those impacted.

If you can split a contribution today – and only if you can afford to – it would go a long way toward helping these groups provide critical support during this time of need.

Contribute $10 to split between these six new organizations supporting people who are most impacted by the coronavirus pandemic.

We understand if you are not able to contribute today. As always, thank you for being a part of this campaign and for showing that we are all in this together.

In solidarity,

Faiz Shakir
Campaign Manager

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

imo the president should provide an example of effective social distancing by locking up hillary clinton

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

posting this so that in 30 days I can come back to this moment, remember where I was at mentally, and then laugh at my foolish naivete

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Shear Modulus posted:

imo the president should provide an example of effective social distancing by locking up hillary clinton

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Surely it can't possibly get worse than this.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

beware the walkin dude

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Corona Virus: Soldier of Allah

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

Admiral Ray posted:

is it okay to make chili with navy beans and oysters

its a plague and everyone's invited

do whatever!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Gripweed posted:

Did you find any of the sexy furry fanart of the bat that first transmitted the virus to humans?

I was content to limit my exposure to the knowyourmeme "things like this" scroll

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/zenjournalist/status/1245148966616010752

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

lmaopocalypse posted:

Your town or city likely has a mutual aid group on Facebook and if not you can start one.

Just getting word out about that and the concept of mutual aid is probably one of the best things you can do.

Thanks all, I've added some info to the OP about options to donate.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

landlord-rear end bitch

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

oh hey we could hit 4,000 US deaths today

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Shear Modulus posted:

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Does anyone have a link to the new thread? The old one is closed and posting is life.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Epic High Five posted:

I was content to limit my exposure to the knowyourmeme "things like this" scroll

OK but if you do find any PM me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
gently caress lmao