Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

TheLemonOfIchabod posted:

3,901 US deaths, getting closer to 4,000 than I expected today

King county WA still hasn't reported our numbers due to a glitch in our reporting system lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

FAUXTON posted:

lmao that 6.5 quake was hundreds of miles from Yellowstone

like literally a 6 hour drive

It depends which yellowstone crater you're talking about :getin:

Yellowstone has actually erupted as far south as like nevada in its past. Because of the movement of the crust over the mantle and all that jazz.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellowstone_Caldera#/media/File:HotspotsSRP_update2013.JPG

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Yinlock posted:

we already have a literal plague and extinction-level climate change, who gives a poo poo about a volcano

Dont forget the locusts ravaging parts of africa and china.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

This is a coronachan I can get behind.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Stacy's Mom guy dying :( god drat man. He was 52.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Just got told an old coworker of mine passed away last night.
Sudden cancer thing but I can't help but wonder if things would have been different if not for covid

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Basic Poster posted:

I feel like a week+ back ago there were at least half a dozen goons in here who thought they had the roni, and were talking through their experience, and that just stopped. Like...are you guys still here? or :rip:

I'm still low level sick and my insurance still says they arent testing unless shortness of breath. I've been in my house quarantined since like March 23rd? Fever and coughing on and off. Could still be allergies or a cold. No loss of smell or taste.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Xaris posted:

Cold and allergies doesn't cause fevers (or extremely rarely). If you have a genuine fever, probably the roni or flu. though if you had your flu shot or already got a flu back in nov/dec, almost certainly the roni

do you have swollen lymph nodes under your chin, and really sore/stiff upper back/neck? if so, definitely the roni

Had my flu shot.
I get sinus crud with allergies every year which produces fevers. My lymph nodes haven't been noticeably swollen and aren't trustworthy anyway because the ones on the back of my neck swole up like golf balls on the regular out of nowhere since I was a kid.
I've also had horrible fatigue.
Anyway, I'm treating myself like it's the roni and avoiding all contact. Instacarted our food as to reduce contact completely.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

shovelbum posted:

I thought this was crossing a picket line?

This was before the strike. Like my food was delivered the day they announced they would strike and that was after a 5 day wait. I tipped a ton.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Is it hosed that my first thought was "what a waste of plastic - poo poo is just going to the landfill"?

Future poo poo for sea turtles to choke on.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

my boss texted me a few days ago to ask if I was going to be on LOA until school starts back up since I have two young kids.

I'm like "dude you have kids too. what are you doing? I have no clue. ask me in a week."

then today the company suspends operations indefinitely Lol

God I have so much poo poo I want to talk about this and being a supplier and a million other things.

Every day going forward is the dumbest day on earth and all that.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Gonna laugh when bojo dies and no one can stop me.

I danced when scalia died too.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Mr. Sharps posted:

the way it is here (washington) is you basically apply, get your application rejected for reasons, and then the rejection comes with a number to call / email address to email at which point you get in touch with an actual person who processes it manually. its tedious and rear end backwards but is apparently working for people. theres exceptions in place for ppl who are jobless / on standby because of the virus and the wait is pretty long, like a week or so once your claim has started processing, but it does seem to go through if youre patient

Super appreciate this post. I'm being furloughed on Monday so Im glad to have some clue how the hell the system works.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Jesus christ. So i'm the only internet nerdo in the family. The rest of them are all just offline crazy.

Yesterday my dad sends me this poo poo:

So I send that to my sister with a "what the gently caress" and she responds back with

Seriously what the actual gently caress? I haven't watched any network news in a long time. Is this like full fox news standard now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Gio posted:

i would seriously disown my family if this was them.

I already disowned my dad and haven't spoken to him in 15 years. Sometimes he just sends me weird poo poo and I never reply. The rest of that chatlog is wild.

I'm about to disown my sister.