Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lmaopocalypse
Mar 16, 2020

D1E posted:

Gonna be funny when BAD NUMBER blows past STONKS NUMBER.

Waering my ONE MILLION DEAD hat on the hospital floor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lmaopocalypse
Mar 16, 2020

Your town or city likely has a mutual aid group on Facebook and if not you can start one.

Just getting word out about that and the concept of mutual aid is probably one of the best things you can do.

lmaopocalypse
Mar 16, 2020

Woofer posted:

Mother Nature is a living thing and she’s fuckin pissed

Shivas getting bored of this dream/it's gotten so dark its time to wake up

lmaopocalypse
Mar 16, 2020

LionArcher posted:

I mean, do most people in this thread really think this?

It's certainly plausible

lmaopocalypse
Mar 16, 2020

Doc Fission posted:

hi everyone, work is hell right now and I'm also tempted to not really give it my all because market volatility = will I have a job in three to six months

signed up for more Bernie calls, not that I know whether it matters

what's your pandemic food

Soup made from whatever cans of chicken soup I get
And steam in bag vegetables, canned beans, eggs and so on
Going medieval style everything soup it's great

lmaopocalypse
Mar 16, 2020

skewetoo posted:

Really concerned about cocaine traffickers during this pandemic sweeping the country.

Yeah I hope they're staying protected

lmaopocalypse
Mar 16, 2020

Was that an oh my god in the background

lmaopocalypse
Mar 16, 2020

sexpig by night posted:

he also very carefully focused on the 'WELL YEA IF YOU REAR BACK AND HACK A HUGE COUGH YOU CAN GET GOOD DISTANCE' element and not, ya know, the 'so is this airborne' element

Yeah that seems like a game changer

lmaopocalypse
Mar 16, 2020

Trump just heard about 1918.
Other countries are watching us*
*in shock

lmaopocalypse
Mar 16, 2020

"I think there is a way this can be solved, very well solved. I'm not gonna do that" - trump

lmaopocalypse
Mar 16, 2020

Avoiding the topic and just making us look like poo poo

lmaopocalypse
Mar 16, 2020

Mayor Dave posted:

trump just said a scarf was better than an n95

Wow! President Nurgle!

lmaopocalypse
Mar 16, 2020

mlmp08 posted:

sounds like a dick, then.

Take the Hindu version where you're doing it to yourself and it's all a big act

lmaopocalypse
Mar 16, 2020

D1E posted:

Who the gently caress is praying for deliverance in this thread?

Bring it on, binch.

Shouting to the heavens "whyyyyy!"
And a booming voice says
"lmao"

lmaopocalypse
Mar 16, 2020

shovelbum posted:

The math of 20% dead without treatment including young people and America completely failing at social distancing is terrifying me to the point I can't even get out of bed in the morning, no one seems to be afraid enough at all even in here

Sucks if true but your numbers may yet be on the high side and it's just a skullfuck of a disaster.
Have you never played Russian roulette?

lmaopocalypse
Mar 16, 2020

shovelbum posted:

This is going to go endemic in the US and none of us will ever be able to leave again in our lifetime lol

Post apocalypse The Road fashion. General interpersonal distancing, we hang out less in person in general and eventually its just part of postapocalyptic life

lmaopocalypse
Mar 16, 2020

shovelbum posted:

No one can tell me why it won't be 20%, hospitalization is 20% AND RISING and we'll essentially have no hospitals in 3 weeks

I think there's self selection effects you're not taking proper account of. You have to get tested and hospitalized which means having a case severe enough you don't just tank it at home, ignore it, or have an asymptomatic or very very light version that just keeps it around in the air.
You might be right and it is in fact actually that bad but even then there can over time come better treatments and a vaccine, which could smoothly transition us into work for medicine corporate feudalism.
Basically there's too many pathways still for that kind of resignation but maybe your right in which case my last thought will be "Welp. Shovelbum was right lol"

lmaopocalypse
Mar 16, 2020

PostNouveau posted:

Where can I get some mindfulness bullshit? I'd like to be OK with my eventual death.

Alan Watts is a great listen for this. Short version is this is all our dream, dying is just one character leaving the stage. He went Anglican priest to some kind of esoteric hinduism.

lmaopocalypse
Mar 16, 2020

Serf posted:

i know its uncomfortable to be in a dying empire, but this is c-spam. we have been living for this moment

How are people not giddy everything is made so clear you can probably radicalize people you know and organize. Find or start a group, do a rent strike, people are pissed

lmaopocalypse
Mar 16, 2020

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

can't go outside or i might die

Then post, network, connect people, do mutual aid (if possible in proper PPE, even if you can't maybe someone you reach can).

lmaopocalypse
Mar 16, 2020

Zyme posted:

i just can't fathom how, if the disease were to let up a bit during the summer, we would do anything other than immediately and completely forget any and all lessons learned and start barreling 120% back to the status-quo. might be even worse because of the boy who cried wolf effect going on, as corona moves into the "fixed" regions of people's brains and they manage to take it even less seriously the second time around

so people get to crack ping again during outbreak two. Not all bad

lmaopocalypse
Mar 16, 2020

Aino Minako posted:

it takes so much effort on my part not to rub my chud family members’ faces in trump idiocy, telling them “look at this, this is what you voted for and support.”

(also “you should be ashamed” and “you morons” etc etc.)

I don’t want to alienate them from the kids who don’t understand the situation and still like them and some tiny speck of me still thinks some sort of family interaction is good for them.

seems like a maturity thing. I’ve had outbursts in the past at them but have exercised some restraint now. but it’s really really hard.

how do other goons handle it?

I tell them openly I think they're bad people, but they're also family and that outdoes the fact that they make the world a worse place. Then Ive said my piece, moving on, how's work/commence the pleasantries, and once Ive said it it's known where I stand.

lmaopocalypse
Mar 16, 2020

This is very possibly weeks when decades happen times, we're about to outdo the great depression and everything is getting really clear.

lmaopocalypse
Mar 16, 2020

Junkiebev posted:

Good Opinion Havers!
I’ve never used either, but is instacart/amazon prime *exceedingly well tipped, like 50% I guess?*:

A) good, they could use the income and post-strike have some protection
B) bad and exploitative - go yourself bourgeois swine

Background: I live in downtown Chicago, have 1 wife + 2 kids under 3, and this would be for groceries only

Find a mutual aid group if you at all can, there's almost certainly people willing to help without you crossing a picket line

lmaopocalypse
Mar 16, 2020

Watch it turn out also Shovelbum is the most right about this thing this isn't going anywhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lmaopocalypse
Mar 16, 2020

Spoondick posted:

sounds like they need an unorthodox solution