Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Does anyone actually think that the Israeli/Palestinian situation is ever going to end with anything other than the Israelis eventually annexing all of Palestine?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-evIyrrjTTY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Because a central plank of Democratic for gun policy has always been a two state solution and recognizing Jerusalem as Israel’s capital has been regarded by most people who understand the situation as not just putting nails in the coffin of the peace process, but dumping cement on top of it. It’s basically Biden embracing his calling as the leader of the “Better Things Aren’t Possible” Brigade by refusing to undo one of the biggest and also dumbest foreign policy moves of the Trump administration. It continues to normalize the Israeli occupation and is nothing close to resembling even the milquetoast approach of Obama or even GWB before him.

The other reading is that if Biden does announce he's moving the embassy out of Jerusalem it would set off a force 12 thermonuclear hellstorm of bullshit from the most deranged parts of the Likud-worshipping lobby when the best thing for the campaign is to make as little noise as possible while Trump continues to destroy himself every day on national television. There's excellent election-related reasons to claim he'll maintain the status quo.

I mean the smartest thing would have been to say nothing about the issue at all until pressed on it, but...

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

current event, my friend who works as a nurse in the covid ward got a move-in eviction notice.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

maffew buildings posted:

Look do you want a fuckin' rapture or not?

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009
Musk is very publicly losing his poo poo. I wonder how long before he loses control of Tesla in a similar way he did with SpaceX and accusing NASA riflemen of sniping his prototypes from the launch towers.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/29/elon-musk-slams-coronavirus-shelter-in-place-orders-as-fascist.html

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

The other reading is that if Biden does announce he's moving the embassy out of Jerusalem it would set off a force 12 thermonuclear hellstorm of bullshit from the most deranged parts of the Likud-worshipping lobby when the best thing for the campaign is to make as little noise as possible while Trump continues to destroy himself every day on national television. There's excellent election-related reasons to claim he'll maintain the status quo.

I mean the smartest thing would have been to say nothing about the issue at all until pressed on it, but...

Of course, the smart move would have been for him to remain silent on whether or not he supports illegal occupations and stealing a homeland from a besieged people, but Biden didn’t even have that level of respect for the humanity of the Palestinians.

He spoke out in support of an illegitimate apartheid state bent on disinheriting and exterminating an entire nation.

There’s no defense for that, especially when piled on top of his obvious mental decay, history of sexual misconduct, his policies that destroyed a generation of African American lives, etc etc

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Immanentized posted:

Musk is very publicly losing his poo poo. I wonder how long before he loses control of Tesla in a similar way he did with SpaceX and accusing NASA riflemen of sniping his prototypes from the launch towers.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/29/elon-musk-slams-coronavirus-shelter-in-place-orders-as-fascist.html

I saw on twitter its because he is a month away from hitting a milestone that pays out a 3/4 billion dollar bonus, and this stay at home stuff is making his number look bad, so he might not get his money.

We should feel bad for the musky man, doesn't he deserve his money?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Grimes needs new baby shoes

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

PeterCat posted:

Does anyone actually think that the Israeli/Palestinian situation is ever going to end with anything other than the Israelis eventually annexing all of Palestine?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-evIyrrjTTY

They won't annex it. At the most they'll treat it like tribal lands because if they annexed it they'd have to incorporate a bunch of **arabs** into the country.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

bengy81 posted:

I saw on twitter its because he is a month away from hitting a milestone that pays out a 3/4 billion dollar bonus, and this stay at home stuff is making his number look bad, so he might not get his money.

We should feel bad for the musky man, doesn't he deserve his money?

Ofc he does. And the fed deserves to tax all income over 50 million at 100%

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

El Mero Mero posted:

They won't annex it. At the most they'll treat it like tribal lands because if they annexed it they'd have to incorporate a bunch of **arabs** into the country.

They wouldn't /have/ to. It's perfectly feasible to ship them off to a concentration camp somewhere, and doing so would probably be quite popular with the Israeli electorate.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Immanentized posted:

good gently caress that dude forever

and gently caress the bazinga lawyer that owned two teslas that made it onto the jury bc the defense team of the diver ran out of challenges

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I wanna drive the original Tesla roadster to see what they were like before he made the unappealing things they make now.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

not caring here posted:

I wanna drive the original Tesla roadster to see what they were like before he made the unappealing things they make now.

I know where there’s one floating around.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
Yeah, all Biden needed to do was effectively say nothing, but instead he just gave it away. He could also have said the embassy will stay, but we'll impose specific alternative measures to pressure Israel on its apartheid policies.

It's just loving annoying because I desperately want to be won over and I'm not a "never Biden" person, but he keeps tacking right for zero gain. I'm going to get out and vote, but whether I vote for Biden or Jake the Dog is still up in the air.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

I have to see what is on the ballot for November. A lot of the important stuff is done already and it’s not like Gwen Moore is gonna lose

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Midjack posted:

:lol:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Canadian Armed Forces Cyclone helicopter crashed in Greece on NATO ops. One of my buddies out in Alaska who was there on a joint assignment now flies on those choppers. No idea if he was on that tasking. Regardless I hope the crew is ok but it doesn’t look good.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Doc Hawkins posted:

current event, my friend who works as a nurse in the covid ward got a move-in eviction notice.

That’s messed up, sorry to hear that

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Immanentized posted:

My county which has a lot of workers for that Freemont plant extended the lockdown till may 31st.

He just mad hes losing more money than normal.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

El Mero Mero posted:

Nah they'll want a more uh... "permanent" solution

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Nah they'll want a more uh... "permanent" solution

https://twitter.com/mrotzie/status/1255233041049497604

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

Midjack posted:

I hereby declare Space Salvage Law

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Internet Wizard posted:

Of course, the smart move would have been for him to remain silent on whether or not he supports illegal occupations and stealing a homeland from a besieged people, but Biden didn’t even have that level of respect for the humanity of the Palestinians.

He spoke out in support of an illegitimate apartheid state bent on disinheriting and exterminating an entire nation.

There’s no defense for that, especially when piled on top of his obvious mental decay, history of sexual misconduct, his policies that destroyed a generation of African American lives, etc etc

Lol I thought this quote was about Musk for a minute.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Arcella posted:

I hereby declare Space Admiralty Law

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

If the flag has stars
I can’t be put behind bars

It’s weak, but works well enough

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Arcella posted:

I hereby declare Space Force Law

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Stravag posted:

Ofc he does. And the fed deserves to tax all income over 50 million at 100%

50 million was my cutoff too lol

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
:sweatdrop:

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

:vince:

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009
Our special boy seems to be agitated.

Trump shat out over a dozen Flynn related tweets in under an hour, took the time to squeeze out some chocolate soft-serve on Comey while he was at it. Flynn is attempting to withdraw his guilty plea from '17, while Roger Stone is attempting to petition for a relaxed sentence for his own bullshit. It's looking like another wave of pardons is on the horizon for the Administration's original bad boys, the campaign is also likely to ramp up.

I wonder if Donnie will be restarting the rallies in the next few weeks with all the states reopening. I know the dude's a hardcore germaphobe, but he live audience stuff seems to sustain him more than anything else.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/VeraMBergen/status/1255873429254832129?s=20

Can't wait for the RWM to shift back to the IC being The Deep State and traitors

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
We were always at war with the IC

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Have some good news for a change:

Girl Scout troops in my area are partnering with the local drug store chain Bartell to sell cookies they couldn't sell because of Covid-19, so the best part of spring isn't ruined yet!

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

This is a good thread if you know something about viruses

https://twitter.com/halvorz/status/1255299857826316288

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
I know viruses make zombies and crazy clawed inside out men.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/gilmored85/status/1255905751534637057?s=20

Bunch of shitheads in Lansing

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/leonhendrix/status/1255885469683986434?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad