Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
yeah the shipping industry would be more than happy to let the CIA run a torture chamber for some cold hard cash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

CBJSprague24 posted:

Another example is Mike DeWine sucks but I appreciate the job he's done in Ohio with Coronavirus.

So can the Navy be colossal dicks and discipline an entire ship for being solid and showing their appreciation for a Captain who sounds like he probably did the right thing (I've only gotten bits and pieces of the story)? Because that wouldn't surprise me at this point.

an entire ship of Do Not Promote

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
$2800 to hear Biden assure you nothing will fundamentally change

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
The only reason my mother in law wasn't in church today is because it is closed. Last week she was among 8 there. She's mad we're not coming over for Easter

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Disregard both courts, postpone whatever or run an election so blatantly farcical that the courts order a do over

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Godholio posted:

Nah, it's fine. Just vote for Joe Biden so we can ensure Trump gets another two seats on the court.

Here fixed this for you

hobbesmaster posted:

Biden wants to compromise with McConnell on justices so I’m not actually seeing a good option in November.

Well yeah Joe's ok with all this

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Woofer posted:

Given how things have gotten progressively worse under Trump’s administration, and given that we are now dealing with a goddamn pandemic, if you don’t vote for him to be out of office and instead wanna protest vote, then you are partly responsible for whatever depths we hit in another few years.

The pandemic isn’t the bottom of the barrel. I don’t want to get to the bottom of the barrel.

I’m loving desperate to get Trump out of office. It’s incredibly myopic to be another way. Trump’s actions impact the entire loving world. People in other countries would rather Americans vote for the goddamn bogeyman before we let Trump get re-elected.

But at least you’ll have the moral high ground when Trump skids us even further into insanity, right? In 2023 when he’s found another way to make this poo poo worse than a loving pandemic that is killing thousands, it’ll be worth it, right?

I don’t know what Biden will do.

But I do know that Trump will make poo poo worst than it is right now. And look how loving bad things are right now!!

Sorry, thats not how this works.

The inability of a candidate to garner the votes needed is not the fault of the voters.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

I know this isn't about Joe Biden so sorry if it is too far off topic:

https://gothamist.com/news/surge-nu...HiwhTqJ_WgHu8as

COVID deaths possibly being undercounted because lots of people are dying at home and not being tested.

My wife's uncle was going to die at home until his brother, who lives half a country away, called the sheriff to do a welfare check. He's now on like day 5 of being in an induced coma on a ventilator. I have no doubt there are many more like this.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
He's probably pushed the party as far left as he's capable of doing. Whether or not its enough is a debate I guess we should have in the other thread.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Vasudus posted:

Klob slipped post-endorsement that she joined the ticket. So either she's an idiot that can't keep a secret, or she's an idiot that confused one thing for another.

Sounds like a winner to me!

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I think the big difference is that in every big sexual assault accusation that's blown up, there's always been multiple accusers. Clinton, Cosby, Trump, Weinstein, Lauer, Kavanaugh, most of them followed the same pattern—when one accusation came out, they were swiftly followed by others accusing the same behavior. Which, of course, is typically how it works—rapists and abusers don't stop at one person, they use their power to do whatever the hell they want, and often get more brazen about it the longer they go on. Even Franken had multiple people calling out his behavior, with photographic evidence, though of course his conduct was far less heinous than that of the other men I've mentioned.

With Biden, that hasn't quite happened yet. There was a minor blowup about his inability to respect personal space around women last year, as we all remember, but even that was a far cry from what even Franken had done (Which involved unwanted kisses and groping as "jokes"). The most recent accusation is by far the most heinous, but it's also one accusation, with little to no contemporary evidence—which means, in effect, it's a "he said, she said" situation.

I think most democrats, and I'll even include Bernie in this category, are in a wait-and-see attitude towards the accusation. It's serious and deserve to be investigated, but at this point it would be difficult for most of them to demand outright he step down based on a single unsubstantiated statement. If more women begin to come out and say "Joe Biden forcefully kissed me/groped me/raped me," then I imagine you'll see a lot of people in the party suddenly rediscover their spines—but until then, they'll say nothing and hope it's not true.

If yall move the goalposts any faster on #metoo you'll invent time travel

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

facialimpediment posted:

The Biden statement, all the right notes, obvious that Biden/Bernie are basically friends that ran against each other:

https://twitter.com/aseitzwald/status/1247922454976233482?s=19

"Now watch as I do everything possible to ignore this movement"

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

facialimpediment posted:

Here's the first of these updates (for 4/8) I've seen with actual good news and not outright desperation in the writing.

https://twitter.com/ColumbiaSurgery/status/1247960490489372673

And for levity, enjoy some Creole

https://twitter.com/jmartNYT/status/1247965780752375812

fuckin Orgeron always sounds like a blender full of rocks and frogs

he's magical

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Stultus Maximus posted:

Is there literally no other politician in the United States with his positions that is acceptable to you?

Ilhan Omar or Rashida Tlaib are acceptable.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

maffew buildings posted:

Their own party has previously been more active in condemning them than opposing GOP insanity.

please sir this is not helping us beat tRump

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

maffew buildings posted:

Ok so who are the ELIGIBLE Dems that have the same platform as Sanders that the party hasn't actively tried to tear down?

after the #metoo Biden deniers move the goal posts so fast they create time travel we can go back and pretend Warren wasn't a snake

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Tell me if this sounds familiar. Right wing elements of the supposed opposition party not only would rather lose than surrender power, but actively worked to sabotage their party's election chances.

Anti-Corbyn Labour officials worked to lose general election to oust leader, leaked dossier finds

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Walker making Kris Kobach's exit look good

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Flying_Crab posted:

Given the international nature of these crimes surely some other foreign jurisdictions might be able to take a shot at some of them?

... why would they?

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Going scorched Earth on my lungs via cigars to deny the Corona a beachhead

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
gently caress banks

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
we're nearly 20 years and untold dead and trillions spent into ignoring the lessons of 9/11. we're absolutely not going to learn something here, either.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

It won't until covid effects all of their lives personally. People like that are very much ones that need proof on a personal scale before they realize they've been acting like clowns. If they even learn from that.

See also: evangelical preachers

they wont. the entire basis of the conservative identity is that being wrong = losing

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Arrath posted:

Sure, but this should be on a different scale entirely to some of trumps other gently caress ups. I just can't even wrap my head around this.

Maybe that'll make a difference, but it'll still be a whole bunch of widespread suffering that could have and should have been avoided. When we (if we aren't already I haven't been keeping up on the figures) get to the point of daily death tolls rivaling or surpassing 9/11, every day, do you think anyone will give a poo poo? Will there eventually be a Coronavirus Commission? Will these fuckwits be thrown into prison for criminal mismanagement of emergency response on a scale unfathomable a few years ago? :sigh:

We didn't do any of this for when Bush kicked off Afghanistan or Iraq so I don't know why we would do it now. We impeached Trump already for being mean to Joe Biden's son.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Leavemywife posted:

I'd read it more as, "Don't call for death for people, even if they're awful," but it's okay to hope they get their dicks caught in a mouse trap. Death is a little extreme, but general ill will is okay.

You don't pull half a weed.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
yeah my cats are seriously irked that they cant spend every day napping on top of the fridge or whatever poo poo they shouldnt be doing

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
maybe our resident bootlicker isn't defending their political beliefs, but in fact defending his political beliefs

bird food bathtub posted:

Thought OPEC and the rest agreed to cut production a week or two ago to put prices back up, did that not pan out?

It won't help. Demand is destroyed. The cuts basically need to be doubled to bring supply back into line with demand.

The Texas Railroad Commission(the God-Emperor oil and gas regulatory authority in Texas) held a public hearing last week on re-implementing prorationing for the first time since the 1970s. The industry may be many things, but it is generally not short-sighted and realizes that it drilled itself out of a job and doesn't entirely trust itself to not do it again.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
SCOTUS rules that the Sixth Amendment requires unanimous verdicts, and that this applies to the states via the Fourteenth. Oregon last and only state to allow non-unanimous verdicts. Now, here's the kicker, an effective 5-3-1 ruling and not how you think.

Gorusch,, Ginsburg, Breyer, Sotomayor and Kavanaugh for. Alito, Roberts and Kagan dissenting in varying degrees. Thomas concurring with the majority but believes the Sixth "applies against the States through the Privileges or Immunities Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment, not the Due Process Clause"

https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/19pdf/18-5924_n6io.pdf

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
the WTI market will 'correct' when a bunch of producers go bankrupt and their assets are purchased for pennies on the dollar. "drill baby drill" has consequences and this is it.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
right now if you showed up with empty gallon milk jugs theyd let you fill them just to make it your problem and not theirs

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

facialimpediment posted:

I keep getting told by soldiers that deployed to Kuwait/Afghanistan/Iraq that oil spills were never really a big deal. They just shoved whatever oil leak was there into the sand "to return it from whence it came". Of course that was against the law/regulations/policies, but I'm guessing if this goes on long enough, nearby Oklahoma locations are going to have enough oil spills to turn the whole drat state into a HAZMAT site.

with the EPA basically turning a blind eye to everything it wouldn't surprise me to see storage go up in flames to collect insurance

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
the assets alot of these production companies have, actual oil producing acreage, is loving worthless right now and they were paying upto $80k an acre not even 2 years ago. its basically the housing crisis, but in the energy sector.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Fallom posted:

Oil field pride seems like the perfect mix of xenophobia and toxic masculinity, because men do Big Hard Jobs to make sure the dirty Sauds don't conquer the world. Ironically, their livelihood is still 100% dictated by what OPEC does so maybe the niggling sense of impotence factors in.

I'm enjoying greatly explaining to very patriotic and brave oil field workers why the US actually cares more about its relationship with the Saudis than it does their job

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

facialimpediment posted:

Georgia and Florida appear to be governed by complete morons.

You don't say.

https://twitter.com/bethbourdon/status/1252487531117060097?s=20

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Fallom posted:

Why are Georgia and Florida catching all the heat when Colorado reversed course and did the same thing

I'm pretty disappointed. Why loving salons, of all things? The governor even made a statement about how people were making their own decision to take a risk going to these places - never mind the risk they're taking for their family and everyone else they'll interact with because they just couldn't go another loving day without a Brazilian blowout.

old white women are livid about not getting their hair done and their husbands are mad about not being able to harass a waiter in weeks

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Stop giving Republicans exactly what they want while getting watered down compromises and vague promises to address this later (they won't).

Of course, this is assuming the Democrats actually want to do those things, they don't. The corporate welfare streams through unchecked and they just say "well we tried"

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

facialimpediment posted:

By the way, I don't know how the gently caress Democrats can negotiate to a positive outcome with this kind of death cultism.

https://twitter.com/igorbobic/status/1252981635697512448?s=19

https://twitter.com/BenjySarlin/status/1252990274923646979?s=19

Democrats are bad, but hooooooooly gently caress.

You refuse to give another loving dime to business. That's how

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Even Trump is saying it's a bad idea lmao

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

M_Gargantua posted:

My sister is an ICU nurse in hawaii, and is now pretty sure that the three weeks of debilitating sickness she had at the end of January was actually Covid caught from a tourist in the ICU, before it blew up. She had all the symptoms and it was the sickest she's ever been.

Im now 100% convinced that a friend of mine in his 60s died from this in mid Feb. He had the symptoms, died of ARDS after his lungs were just loving annihilated. Hell, there's a good chance I had this in late Jan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

US Berder Patrol posted:

actually she's been at home knocked up so that dimension of his position has a hint of fygm mixed in as well

I have no idea what kind of doctor she is though. She could be fairly clueless and uninvolved about this whole situation as far as doctors go

a nurse friend of hours thought it was all a hoax and how now transitioned fully into posting WE'RE THE REAL HEROES OUT THERE RISKING OUR LIVES memes. she's currently working one shift a week because she works at a surgical center that does almost entirely elective surgeries.