Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
Could mosquitos spread the virus? I know we're all supposed to shelter at home, but it's getting around the time those little blood suckers come back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Old Boot posted:

Late to this but: no, mosquitos can't spread the virus. It isn't bloodborn.

Thank you! I'm glad to know I can let my kid play outside still.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Serious question; what would happen if Trump did catch COVID and died?

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Could Pence win the election?

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

I'll admit, I don't know anywhere near as much about politics as you guys do, but are there no concerns that they would treat him as a martyr and round up the wagons?

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Chichevache posted:

I didn't know parasites got viruses.

Legit question; could a parasite catch a disease? What does that mean for the host? I know this isn't really the thread for that kind of thing, but I don't know where else to ask.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

What's this I heard about the essential workers getting $25,000 over the next year? A couple of people I work with have said they heard something about it, but weren't sure of the details.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Jaguars! posted:

From Dave Barry's history of the US, published in 1989:

The man has been a punchline for at least 5/7ths of his life.

I found this in a Quigman's collection, a comic strip that I don't even know was really popular, or much of anything about, really. It's about thirty years old or so. I think I posted this in a previous thread iteration, but it remains relevant.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

I'd read it more as, "Don't call for death for people, even if they're awful," but it's okay to hope they get their dicks caught in a mouse trap. Death is a little extreme, but general ill will is okay.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

LingcodKilla posted:

Actually I completely disagree with the total ban on fishing. It’s not a group activity for everyone and I don’t interact with anyone when launch my kayak and traps.

If you're by yourself in the middle of a lake, fishing on a boat, that seems pretty distanced to me.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

What did Rand Paul's neighbor do?

I'd also like to thank everyone in this thread for their posts and how they explain stuff. I'm a political dummy, and you guys breaking a lot of it down and making it easy to understand is really great.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

What must it be like for someone who escapes NK and sees how the world works outside of that batshit insane dictatorship?

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

April seems like it's lasted about eight months already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

I know viruses make zombies and crazy clawed inside out men.