Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
What if it's a test? And they are watching us to see if we're worthy?
:tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

These paragraphs throw so much shade in such a fantastic flat tone

quote:

While the Master was in contact with the head office, gun shots were fired and, shortly thereafter, the navy vessel approached the starboard side at speed with an angle of 135° and purposely collided with the RCGS RESOLUTE. The navy vessel continued to ram the starboard bow in an apparent attempt to turn the ship’s head towards Venezuelan territorial waters.

While the RCGS RESOLUTE sustained minor damages, not affecting vessel’s seaworthiness, it occurs that the navy vessel suffered severe damages while making contact with the ice-strengthened bulbous bow of the ice-class expedition cruise vessel RCGS RESOLUTE and started to take water.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Eh, those are such different things that I'm not even sure what point they're trying to make. Two days after a collision they're still trying to get the ship in to port and figure out what the hell happened.

If one of the COs had emailed the SECDEF and a newspaper saying "hey I'm gonna go ram a cargo ship" I guarantee they would have been axed a lot sooner.

Re: Intent to ram civilian shipping

CO,
CONTINUE AT BEST SPEED.

REFLECT CREDIT UPON YOURSELF AND UPHOLD THE HIGHEST TRADITIONS OF THE UNITED STATES NAVAL SERVICE

-SECDEF

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Old Boot posted:

About as much as I love trying to figure out how this USPS thing is gonna shake out.

I think reading chuds hurf durfing about the USPS triggers me worse than any other chud hurfing.

They always have some dumb anecdotal story about the USPS sucking and wanting to outsource to UPS. Where the gently caress else can you give someone an envelope and 55 cents to move it to the rear end end of a volcano in Hawaii?

Without USPS setting a price floor and providing logistics FedEx and UPS would jack the prices up and stop delivering to most places.

The customer service complaints are all due to funding issues murdering retention and having to hire under paid and under insured "city carrier assistants".

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
New Coastal Republic - West

New Coastal Republic - East

Brotherhood of Steel Country for the rust belt

Corn Enclave for all the places that are mostly corn.

Desolate Wasteland for the rest

It's a stretch but we might make Fallout universe without the nuclear war first.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

hobbesmaster posted:

The concern might be for enforcement?

That and diversion of emergency resources to rescue recreational fishers/boaters when they have one too many and start drowning.

At least that's my guess.

Edit: Coworker lives on his boat and got pulled over by MD water cops for being in the water instead of tied up. Was pretty lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

facialimpediment posted:

We're likely to find out that this thing is more contagious and less deadly than what the current numbers say. That's not really a good thing, as it drat near caused the collapse of the NYC and Metro Detroit hospital systems when left alone.

Edit: The below dude is Vic as gently caress

I can't wait for the giant hurf "I told you it wasn't that deadly and you killed the economy anyway!" from the entire right once the real ish numbers start getting identified.

COVID-19 is amazingly contagious but manifests in wildly different ways. Some of the statistical models had it's R value around 5. It was definitely higher than 2.