Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

bulletsponge13 posted:

I'm not saying this is starting to look a bit like the beginning Balkanization in America, but uh, yeah- isn't this the starting premise if every American Dystopian fiction ever?

I know I've been thinking of the Jericho TV show a lot over the last month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Best Friends posted:

Future neurologists will prove the English language causes moderate to severe CTE in its speakers

Sounds like the plot of the movie Pontypool.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Hyrax Attack! posted:

To quote Lex Luthor: “...do you know how much power I'd have to give up to be President?”

Yet he did eventually run for president, *won*, and promptly, in two universes/timelines, went super evil. In one, secretly allying with Darkseid and in the other, nearly starting WW3 instead of being impeached, forcing Superman to kill him, turning the Justice League into fascist overlords. DC even went so far in a recent book to have Clark Kent lambast Luthor during a WHCD, which spurred him to start an exploratory committee. A little on the nose, but hey.

Trump has shattered the barrier that held billionaires back from running for the presidency. The emoluments clause is now merely a suggestion, and if you think the Democrats will/would enforce it if/when a left-leaning/left-pretending billionaire candidate with a modicum of charisma comes along, you're nuts.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Apr 18, 2020

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Arc Light posted:

Chuds will just write off the dead as casualties of war. It's the only logical end result of Trump calling himself a wartime president, and his cronies using military terms to suggest we're fighting a war against the virus and our medical providers are on the front lines. Makes it so much easier to overlook all the needlessly dead first responders and hospital staff.

Don't forget the "Invisible Enemy!" I'm sure that phrase isn't going anywhere any time soon.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

not caring here posted:

Maybe we shouldn't kink shame.

These rallies really are just an extension of poz my neg (breathing) hole

Ugh, gently caress you for reminding me that this is a thing. :argh:

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

PeterCat posted:

Has anyone done an Immortan Joe cloth mask yet?

Kinda want a medically-rated Din Djaren Mandalorian full helmet mask.

This is the way.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

bird food bathtub posted:

Thought OPEC and the rest agreed to cut production a week or two ago to put prices back up, did that not pan out?

It takes like 4-6 weeks for those decisions to actually start affecting gas pricing.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

It would not surprise me in the slightest if people start thinking "I'll buy barrels and keep gas in my garage *just in case*," not reasoning that 1) that's extremely dangerous, and 2) even using a stabilizing agent, gasoline only keeps for like 6-8 months.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Mustang posted:

But yeah I'm definitely never leaving the west coast, closest thing to living in the US somewhere like the rest of the first world

The West Coast up to about Portland is going to be borderline uninhabitable in like 15-20 years at the current progression of climate change, so...maybe don't buy a house?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

ded posted:

Remember. The exact same poo poo went on when he had gout surgery.

This. NK is a pariah nation, and they love sowing doubt and discord on an international level. Supreme Leader isn't allowed to recuperate from something as normal as surgery because whenever he plays golf he gets two holes in one on every hole!

Wouldn't surprise me if most of the "KJU is dead" poo poo is coming from the North Koreans themselves so they can talk up how ~the world waits with bated breath~ (or some other horseshit) to hear from Supreme Leader.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Doc Hawkins posted:

i thought north korea is famous for meth

Weed grows everywhere in NK.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Midjack posted:

There are some interviews with people who escaped. They are pretty depressing to read.

There are also :3: videos of NK refugees eating American food on Youtube that are pretty entertaining and enlightening.

American BBQ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0TYCEXmi90
Thanksgiving: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XOAttqYiXU
Wings: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TQ8H5TgRzA

I hope the cadet corps coughs constantly during his speech just to rattle him.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Apr 25, 2020

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

LingcodKilla posted:

Degraded? The president doesnt even know the meaning of word degraded! So of course not! All good!

He'll have you know he got tremendous grades. Beautiful, even. You just can't see them. Any of them. Ever. :smugdon:

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

bulletsponge13 posted:

2020 delivering like door dash.

https://twitter.com/GovJVentura/status/1254783039642595330?s=20

gently caress yeah, let's burn it down. Back to back WWE champs for Pres!

:sigh:

Just what we need, potential spoiler candidates in another election that'll come down to single-digit percentage point differences in key states. I loathe Biden, but he's the steaming bowl of poo poo that isn't Trump.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Milo and POTUS posted:

I had a neighbor who was a ww2 vet who was said to be involved in the early days of seal training and I have no reason to disbelieve it. How would I go about reading about him or is that all classified

As Don Shipley is fond of saying - "Ops are classified, service is not."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Flikken posted:

What does this actually accomplish at the convention?

Nothing. It's left-handed magnanimity, and there'll invariably be a picture of DNC establishment laughing as the handful of Bernie's states pledge for him.