Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

PookBear posted:

Citing lowtax's often absenteeism from the forums, some moderators of these forums, including mcnally, attempted to legally take control of the physical server these forums are hosted in. A loyalist admin was able at to thwart the attempted coup banning the perpetrators however this currently leaves this subforum without a moderator. Due to this power vacuum and civil unrest in the current events thread and cop thread Godholio, Mare, and myself have seized power and will govern as a triumvirate until free and democratic elections can be established.

We should be getting mod powers tomorrow morning but in the meantime we have no actual authority here and thus we must ask everyone not to poo poo up the forums.

And no, we are not joking https://forums.somethingawful.com/banlist.php?userid=124121 more details will be revealed in the following days.

update: Mcnally and the others were trying to help lady ambien get control over the servers citing lowtax's mental health in court. Lowtax is on the verge of just deleting everything. If you aren't in the gip discord you might want to join because there is a non zero chance these servers might not exist in a week.

Is this just April Fools or are the forums about to die again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Posting to bookmark

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
i was gunna say this april fools is lame and obvious af but goons are falling for it so lol

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

idk bringing up the lady ambien lowtax stuff makes me think this is real cus that would be a pretty hosed up april fools jokes lol

oh boy

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound
they could have had c-spams support if they promised to make d&d our sub-forum

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Gringostar posted:

they could have had c-spams support if they promised to make d&d our sub-forum
i'm sorry but that's just too radical at this time, we needed common sense change, like.. making c-spam a sub to PYF. alas, maybe next time

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
is this gonna be another good thread

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

legal control of the servers is a fake idea anyway. you can't, like, own servers man

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Freaking Crumbum posted:

legal control of the servers is a fake idea anyway. you can't, like, own servers man

servers are owned by God and God alone

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bfe4TxvUOiw&t=30s

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

there's a sticky thread by fool of sound in d&d, this poo poo fake :(

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Eagerly awaiting the seven part Netflix documentary on all of this

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

d&d under the iron fist of genocide explainer would have been loving magical.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

ok yeah probably fake. dang.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

lowtax just deleting everything because "gently caress it" seems pretty plausible tho. they didn't need to come up with some kind of elaborate story, they literally could have just said "lowtax is an old man and is so tired, so tired. he is delete everything"

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

if you wanted to make it seem real should've only did the long probes for those that appeared to be in the same circle during the last drama

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
first they came for squizzle

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Freaking Crumbum posted:

lowtax just deleting everything because "gently caress it" seems pretty plausible tho. they didn't need to come up with some kind of elaborate story, they literally could have just said "lowtax is an old man and is so tired, so tired. he is delete everything"

lol lowtax is dependent on these forums, he is no longer a man but a slave

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

Doorknob Slobber posted:

first they came for squizzle

i already got my power ranger gif, whatever happens happens

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
RIP to those who died

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

Homeless Friend posted:

The forums belong to him, but his spine belongs to the forums!

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Homeless Friend posted:

i hear he's very attached to professor quirrell

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

this owns

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
some gave all, all gave 10

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Goon Boots posted:

The forums belong to him, but his spine belongs to the forums!

you keep what you kill

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
so was the coup by good cool posters or bad bad evil posters someone tell me so I can pick a side and poo poo post accordingly

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

we timed poo poo hoping that it would give us enough plausible deniability that everyone else wouldn't catch on before we could lock down the panel and forums access. I've already lost my panel access and most my admin access and I expect the ban to come any second now. I want you guys to know I really wanted to have your backs and I'm sorry for how this is going down, im sorry for not doing more sooner, we really wanted the forums to be a better place for everyone

gently caress you cyrano, gently caress you jeffrey. every single thing we tried to do to make the forums even modestly less lovely was strangled by you two being lovely wannabe thread cops

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

it's like the first pirates of the caribbean movie where the forums are the cursed incan gold that simultaneously provides him with his undying existence but also curses him to a life of constant pain and misery

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Mods are dead post small bart

tiberion02
Mar 26, 2007

People tend to make the common mistake of believing that a situation will last forever.
This feels like every single thing I've ever read about EVE, a game I do not and have never played. Silly Goons.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Reene posted:

gently caress you cyrano, gently caress you jeffrey. every single thing we tried to do to make the forums even modestly less lovely was strangled by you two being lovely wannabe thread cops

its gotta be a joke but recent events on the forums have been in such turmoil just like in real life i cant take it I must save people if I can

J98JWLJ1r0i_xiIzH8ZV-MAN3n7VTHQP
poO0WIuRK167qkh4voLwnSYEPpweGJ-J
KZLAlp2p7MJDI2EhECOgdruOEcAQM0co

if this is the truth I had these codes decipher them and use them wisely.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Reene posted:

we timed poo poo hoping that it would give us enough plausible deniability that everyone else wouldn't catch on before we could lock down the panel and forums access. I've already lost my panel access and most my admin access and I expect the ban to come any second now. I want you guys to know I really wanted to have your backs and I'm sorry for how this is going down, im sorry for not doing more sooner, we really wanted the forums to be a better place for everyone

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)

was it like a mission impossible thing where people were having to zipline into his suburban abode and hack his gibson at the source on a hardwired line and there were synchronized watches ticking down and it seems like it's going to work! but alas, a double agent working for the bad guys ends up murdering the only hacker to successfully breach the firewall, and oh no now the jig is up!

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
i kind of wish lightning knight was banned too that would make a good april fools

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

but why would they continue to leave renee's admin post just sitting there

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Ya hate to see it

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

"your honor, I'm petitioning the court to grant me legal ownership of Richard Kayanka's computer, that he bought with his own money, that is currently in his house, because I paid him ten dollars to join his club and he hasn't implemented some desired features yet"

"get the gently caress out of my court room"

Lucavi
May 12, 2002
glad the admins are dead

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
look at how they've suspended habitus corprus
we live in tragic times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Persiflagist