Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

The Dave posted:

In terms of what I don't like I think there's WAY too much foreshadowing in this game. Like they actually loving SHOWED US flashes of Aerith's loving death??? Was that necessary? Like in the original she said she has a materia and it's good for nothing. It was so casual in the original that when you first play it not knowing anything, you don't even think about it again. But this time it's like BUT IT'S THE WHITE MATERIA AERITH IS GOING TO SAVE THE WORLD WITH IT!!!!!111!!!11111 *flash flash flash to her super iconic death scene* For why? Is it necessary for Not-Really Sephiroth to show up once an hour to give Cloud those headaches? Is he contractually obliged? Not to mention the Watchmen of Fate stuff just seems so unnecessary so far, like they're there to point out everytime something ~fateful~ happens and it's like, no poo poo they're the main characters everything they do is part of the storyline therefore fate?

Yeah, having seen all of these things, it was a bit too much. Cloud's headaches happen about as often as he breathes.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Apr 2, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I hear the Turks do, too. :unsmigghh:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Rude has different attack animations for when he's hitting Cloud compared to when he's hitting Aerith. :allears:

He'll combo attack Cloud and giant throw him, but in comparison he uses Sleep spells on Aerith and tries to knock her out with one of those anime neck chops.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Elephant Ambush posted:

So if this is actually a sequel masquerading as a remake, then where/when does it take place? Is this all in Cloud's head? Is he in a coma again? Is this all a dream?

Clearly Ansem from Kingdom Hearts showed up in Midgar and taught Sephiroth how to travel back in time by discarding his body. Armed with that power, Sephiroth is now changing the past to ensure his victory, while Genesis and Weiss return to the past as the dementors to try and correct the changes Sephiroth is making.

I don't believe a word of that, but it sounds like the kind of nonsense Nomura would pull. :argh:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Reno Boss Fight Why the gently caress does nobody ever try parrying him with Punisher Mode when he's clearly designed to dodge attack spam? :negative:

Rude Boss Fight I love how he hits Aerith with her own bodyguard. :allears:

Onmi posted:

The physical manifestations of future destiny, they fight with swords to protect the future that shaped them.
The physical manifestations of future destiny, they fight barehanded to protect the future that shaped them.

DO NOT LOOK IN THAT BECAUSE IT'S PROBABLY THE MOST MAJOR SPOILER IN THE GAME IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILED.

Oh no.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Apr 2, 2020

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Harrow posted:

Are the Watchmen of Fate the dementor-looking things?

The very same!

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Gologle posted:

Holy poo poo Rude shoots a motherfucking POWAH WAVE

Didn't he do that in the original?

Also, fixed the timestamps above. The videos finally added their full length instead of just the last two hours.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Apr 2, 2020

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Making the victim Cloud or Tifa instead would ruin Cloud's identity reveal, though.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Mechafunkzilla posted:

the twist will be that Sephiroth dies

:hmmyes:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

The end of the game got uploaded. The plot turns into Kingdom Hearts. :negative:

If you don't believe me, see here: Major Ending Spoilers

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Apr 3, 2020

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Yeah, the context I saw leading up to things didn't make it clearer: Seemingly after the Motor Ball fight, Sephiroth appears and Aerith tries to tell him off a bit to no avail. He then opens a portal of darkness while the Dementors cover Midgar, and Aerith uses some kind of magic to turn it into a portal of light while talking about how they need to change the present and themselves or some such nonsense. They then enter the portal and then the above clip happens. It really looks like Darkside from Kingdom Hearts just shows up and starts wrecking poo poo.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

the link is dead someone repost it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPLFF1ly1kQ

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Harrow posted:

I am not looking forward to the internet FF7 fanatic meltdowns

I am. :unsmigghh:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Onmi posted:

Zack Lives?!

What? How does that even make sense? Where did Cloud's Buster Sword come from? Is there a very confused Zack somewhere wandering around in his underwear wondering where his clothes and giant sword are? :psyduck:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Mywhatacleanturtle posted:

Elentor’s LP of this game is gonna be something else.

Does TheDarkId still do Let's Plays? :allears:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Here's another thing, with Sephiroth fighting Cloud as the final(?) boss of the game.

https://streamable.com/jhbz9l

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

For context he's not the "real" final boss. Arbiter of Fate is. Sephiroth is a one-sided unwinnable stomp fest where he only doesn't kill Cloud because he still needs him to bring the Black Materia to his body in North Crater.

Makes sense. And also, there's this picture.

Is Stamp supposed to be a cartoon dog based on Zack?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Alright, I was kind of entertained by the ridiculousness at first, but this is a bit much: https://streamable.com/8bsh95

Also, no one dies from the Plate falling. Everyone is fine and dandy and shows up alive and well in the ending.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Apr 3, 2020

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Someone on Twitch is on the final boss fight.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Mywhatacleanturtle posted:

Why was Red XIII so mean to Barrett in the trailer? :(

Look, Nanaki had a long day and Barret's talking mad poo poo for someone in timeline changing distance.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

canepazzo posted:

Old players: oh my god, the guy that was dead in the original is alive now? All bets are off then!

I mean, if your knowledge of the game is based purely off of the original, I kinda doubt you'd know about this guy considering how infrequently he's shown.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Harrow posted:

I can't loving wait to see how they handle Cait Sith in the next part

Apparently he shows up briefly when the plate falls. But the plate didn't kill anyone now, so I dunno what the gently caress is going to happen with Reeve.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Apr 3, 2020

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

The thing I find the funniest about the remake is that everyone hated the dumb ghost things when they were first revealed, and then Cloud and Co. kill them and it's revealed that all they wanted was to keep the events of Final Fantasy VII the same instead of letting Nomura do whatever the gently caress he is. :allears:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

DemoneeHo posted:

There is no Final Fantasy VII Remake.

Square Enix never recreated their hit 1997 rpg game for modern consoles, it was all a mass hallucination brought on by the internet.

You and I are living in a madhouse: The Final Fantasy VII House

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

If you were wondering how the Honey Bee Inn thing was handled, here you go.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Apr 4, 2020

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Onmi posted:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/242093653328134145/696180913599545364/NO_SPOILERS_REEEE.webm

Seriously I utterly love this. I hope the next time we see him he's on the beach the ghosts literally dumped him there.

At first I hated them, but now I realize that the Time Ghosts are the best characters. They just want a 1:1 VII Remake and they're so angry at Nomura for changing the script. :allears:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Aerith is supposedly supposed to be a play on the word "Earth", likely based around the fact that she was originally designed to be a Geomancer.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I heard that there's supposed to be a scene where Cloud and Co. come across the entryway to Deepground and the ghosts show up and just usher them the gently caress away from there. Does anyone know where I can see that scene? Because it sounds hilarious.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

VagueRant posted:

It doesn't play out quite like that sadly.

After the plate comes down, you make a quick visit to Elmyra's house but she tells them not to go after Aeris and cause more trouble. The party decides to pick through the sector 7 ruins looking for surviors. Climbing through the rubble you follow Biggs' cat down underground into a secret abandoned shinra lab exposed by the rubble. You see Biggs is still alive through a window and then the party falls through a grate in the ground. You wake up as Barret wandering through generic warehouse areas, then Tifa joins, they find the unconscious/comatose Biggs and move him to safety, then there's a boss against a weird new monster, Cloud joins in. At the end of the fight Barret shoots the boss monster through a wall exposing a load of bio-tanks with dead people inside.

The party realise ShinRa are doing human experiments until death. The boss was implied to be the result of these experiments (like the monsters in the Nibel reactor?). Cloud is like "I kinda knew Shinra did this poo poo" and the timeghosts turn up and fly out and carry the party back outside.

Then they decide they need to save Aeris because she'll be experimented on to death.

When I saw secret doofy lab dungeon, I assumed Deepground but I didn't spot any direct connections in the footage I saw.

Aw, that sounds less funny.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

NikkolasKing posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51az0LDdnvE

Why are FF games afraid of massages? This was a gag in FFXV, too.

It's cute, I just don't understand it.

I can't believe Cloud got a handjob.

NikkolasKing posted:

Did they replace his actual original theme?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rV40ypje7o

No, that song is still in the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_f8J8WF69c

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Apr 8, 2020

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Forgive me if this was asked before, but if Midgar is a pizza and the Mayor is named Domino, does that make Midgar Domino's Pizza?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I'm sure someone shared this already since I'm late to the party on everything, but VII Remake was intended to have remixed music from other games.

This remix of Kefka's Theme going unused is a goddamn crime.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Flopsy posted:

Kefka kicks the door in and starts dancing his way inside ala west side story.

MoaM posted:

On that note, some of the soloing in those jazz fusion remixes is legit out there (go listen to "Bombing Mission" in your game); it was really nice to hear.

Agreed! Here's the songs that were considered, btw.

quote:

jb_001 - Beer SQ - Disc 1 - 02 - Gold Saucer (Final Fantasy VII) - Elequesta of Tabla
jb_002 - Beer SQ - Disc 1 - 01 - Main Theme (Final Fantasy) - Rafven
jb_003 - Cafe SQ - 14 - Final Fantasy VIII 'F.F.VII Main Theme' - The Reign of Kindo
jb_004 - Love SQ - 10 - Prelude (Final Fantasy) - no.9
jb_005 - (Album Unknown) - Lurking in the Darkness (FINAL FANTASY VII) - (Arranged by Unknown)
jb_006 - (Album Unknown) - Those Who Fight ~ Let The Battle Begin! (FINAL FANTASY VII) - (Arranged by Unknown)
jb_007 - SQUARE ENIX JAZZ Vol.2 - 02 - BATTLE Jazz Arrangement (FINAL FANTASY) - Arranged by Eijiro Nakagawa
jb_008 - (Album Unknown) - Under The Rotting Pizza (FINAL FANTASY VII) - (Arranged by Unknown)
jb_009 - SQ CHIPS - 02 - Final Fantasy III ''Battle 2'' - Hige Driver
jb_010 - (Album Unknown) - Honeybee Inn (FINAL FANTASY VII) - (Arranged by Unknown)
jb_011 - SQUARE ENIX JAZZ - FINAL FANTASY - 02 - ETERNAL WIND Jazz Arrangement (FINAL FANTASY III) - Arranged by Ryu Kawamura
jb_012 - (Album Unknown) - Those Who Fight Further (FINAL FANTASY VII) - (Arranged by Unknown)
jb_013 - SQ CHIPS - 07 - Final Fantasy VI ''Terra's Theme'' - 203soundworks
jb_014 - SQUARE ENIX JAZZ - FINAL FANTASY - 06 - CLASH AT THE BIG BRIDGE Jazz Arrangement (FINAL FANTASY V) - Arranged by Ryu Kawamura
jb_015 - BRABRA FINAL FANTASY BRASS de BRAVO 2 - 07 - Kefka (FINAL FANTASY VI)- Arrangement: Yohei Kobayashi
jb_016 - (Album Unknown) - Good Night Until Tomorrow/Prelude (FINAL FANTASY VII) - (Arranged by Unknown)
jb_017 - (Album Unknown) - Farm Boy (FINAL FANTASY VII) - (Arranged by Unknown)
jb_018 - SQ CHIPS - 08 - Final Fantasy VII ''Aerith's Theme'' - Yoshino Yoshikawa
jb_019 - (Album Unknown) - Costa Del Sol (FINAL FANTASY VII) - (Arranged by Unknown)
jb_020 - (Album Unknown) Rose Of May (FINAL FANTASY IX) - (Arranged by Unknown)
jb_021 - SQUARE ENIX JAZZ - FINAL FANTASY - 10 - MELODIES OF LIFE~FINAL FANTASY Jazz Arrangement (FINAL FANTASY IX) - Arranged by Ryu Kawamura
jb_022 - BRABRA FINAL FANTASY BRASS de BRAVO 2 - 10 - Fight With Seymour (FINAL FANTASY X) - Arrangement: Yasumasa Sato
jb_023 - SQUARE ENIX JAZZ - FINAL FANTASY - 08 - ZANARKAND Jazz Arrangement (FINAL FANTASY X) - Arranged by Ryu Kawamura
jb_024 - SQ CHIPS - 09 - Final Fantasy XI ''Ronfaure'' - muZik
jb_025 - SQ CHIPS - 11 - Final Fantasy XII ''Near the Water'' - Mitsuto Suzuki
jb_026 - SQUARE ENIX JAZZ Vol.2 - 07- FLASH OF STEEL Jazz Arrangement (FINAL FANTASY XIII) - Arranged by Eijiro Nakagawa
jb_027 - SQUARE ENIX JAZZ - FINAL FANTASY - 01 - BLINDED BY LIGHT Jazz Arrangement (FINAL FANTASY XIII) - Arranged by Ryu Kawamura
jb_028 - SQ CHIPS - 03 - Final Fantasy XIII ''Blinded by Light'' - Hidekazu Tanaka(MONACA)
jb_029 - SQUARE ENIX JAZZ - FINAL FANTASY - 07 - SERAH'S THEME Jazz Arrangement (FINAL FANTASY XIII) - Arranged by Ryu Kawamura
jb_030 - SQUARE ENIX JAZZ Vol.2 - 10- APOCALYPSIS NOCTIS Jazz Arrangement (FINAL FANTASY XV) - Arranged by Eijiro Nakagawa
jb_031 - (Album Unknown) - (Track Unknown) - (Composed and Arranged by Unknown)

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

MoaM posted:

Was this datamined? The FFV ("Clash on the Big Bridge" loving owns) and both those FFIX tracks not making the cut really sucks.

Datamined, yep.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Caidin posted:

I mean... You get back stabbed from the Buster Sword held sideways and I'm pretty sure your just bisected.

Nah, it's cool. Sephiroth just took 352 damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14N_QyxKFho

If only Jim Ross gave commentary in the actual scene. :v: