Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

TheKingofSprings posted:

Oh gently caress I just finished the game and missed both of these.

You can use Chapter Select to go back to Chapter 16, get them both, and exit out. Not particularly long or hard to get those two from the start of the chapter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

gredgie posted:

Oh, so you don't need to complete the whole chapter to "lock in" things?

As the other person notes for items, materia, xp, and levels and whatnot you're good to go instantly. You only need to complete the chapter to lock in plot choices you make. So discussion options, side quests, the discovery side quest things, etc. Which basically is just the side quests and the things that determine which chapter 14 resolution you get and what chapter 9 dresses you get and chapter 9 side quests you got. Notably on that last one there's an achievement for doing every single side quest and that means doing chapter 9 through twice to get the Chocobo Sam and Madam M side quest sets. If you go for getting all 9 dresses you'll end up doing that anyways.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Caidin posted:

Hey question about the soundtrack here, does anyone know the name of that track that plays in the train yard between the Ghoul and Eligor fights. The tense one with a few notes of the Turks theme in it? I can't find for some reason.

I think this is what you're looking for? It's not on the official soundtrack, but this playlist has it as "Please Let Us Be In Time" and it shouldn't be hard to rip it through any number of services or programs. The playlist (linked in the video's description) has a few other fun things not on the OST, like the alternative versions of the song playing during the reveal of Aerith's dress ("A Certain Gaudiness") and a few other fun mixes. I really need to find a full version of the Honeybee Inn song and dance number. It's split up into 5 smaller segments on the OST.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPa6dxBGfNc

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Caidin posted:

Oh, yeah that is exactly it. I went through the whole soundtrack looking for it. They crammed like a 100 songs on there but I guess I shouldn't be surprised some key tunes got left out. Thank you.

Glad to help, I loved that song too and would have been sad if I'd scoured the OST trying to find it only to come up short. The song that plays during the escape from the Shinra Building (the playlist calls it Confrontation with Heidegger) isn't on the OST either and I loved that mix from the instant I heard it. The full playlist is 245 or so songs, contrasted to the 100 or so on the proper OST. And that's with the playlist consolidating the entirety of disc 8 (20-something Jukebox remixes) into a single video.