Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

My opinion about FF7 is that it's actually underrated in some ways and that some of the core plot stuff surrounding Cloud is good and unique for a JRPG like this. I wasn't a big fan of it when I originally played it as a teenager, but in retrospect it's good. It's particularly interesting finding out that Tifa is aware that Cloud is basically mentally ill for much of the game and fabricated this whole past of him being the badass SOLDIER when he was actually just some random employee/non-capital-letter soldier and his buddy was the SOLDIER.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

The combat in this game is a hell of a lot of fun, to the extent that I look forward to fights and getting new equipment/materia. It's so much better than FF15's attempt to do an action-RPG sort of thing.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Super No Vacancy posted:

I’m so mad Biggs survived instead of Jesse

You know what owns?

I read a "spoiler" that Jessie survives and played through the last parts of the game constantly thinking "so when's Jessie coming back" and then it just never happened and I was sad :(

Biggs is great too, though. Biggs is probably my favorite of the Avalanche trio. Chapter 4 was one of my favorite chapters; it's one of the best chapters for characterizing Cloud (in addition to Biggs/Wedge/Jessie of course) and also gives us a look into middle class Midgar (this was one of the few disappointing things about the game; we get to see non-slum Midgar once at the beginning and once during Chapter 4, but otherwise you never really revisit it).