Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

As someone who barely watched him play and only in his one or two final years, how much his career was wasted/how good would Chad Pennington probably be if not for the constant injuries?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Mystic Stylez posted:

As someone who barely watched him play and only in his one or two final years, how much his career was wasted/how good would Chad Pennington probably be if not for the constant injuries?

He had a definite ceiling in terms of arm strength, but he could absolutely have Johnson/Gannon'd a team to a super bowl

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

FWIW Randy moss said he threw the best ball he ever caught.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Flikken posted:

That was the first ever NFL game I went to

Hey, speaking of this game, Happy Birthday Kam Chancellor

https://twitter.com/FieldGulls/status/1246127013343023104?s=19

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

tarbrush posted:

He had a definite ceiling in terms of arm strength, but he could absolutely have Johnson/Gannon'd a team to a super bowl

I always say that if Pennington had league average arm strength, he could have been a top 8-10 QB in the league. I still really want him to be a QB coach.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

shirts and skins posted:

Absolutely the worst Seattle game I can remember. At least Sea 6 Ari 6 was funny.

The only worse NFl game I've seen was the Pit 3 Mia 0 mud bowl in 2007.

Worst NFL game I attended was Colts@Ravens in 2007. Colts won running away from the very first series and there was a very cold, soaking rain. My dad and I left in the first quarter. Somewhere in that stadium im sure some poor kid was at their first Ravens game.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Pennington's arm was perfectly fine but for the insane/terrible avalanche of injuries he had pretty much from the jump and rushing back from two rotator cuff tears.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
https://twitter.com/geoffschwartz/status/1245816271108800513?s=20

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

This response is perfect:

https://twitter.com/AdamZientek3/status/1245766814119813120

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

fartknocker posted:

Okay, what would be the shittiest of, say, the last 20 years?

Like, I know there have to be some worse than this, but the corpse of Kerry Collins vs Curtis Painter for the 2011 Colts was really bad, and then Dan Orlovsky ended up being mildly competent! I’m sure the 2006 Raiders with the mortal remains of Aaron Brooks and Andrew Walter (Whose picture on Wikipedia amuses me) was just as thrilling...
Don't forget the epic duel of Matt Cassel and Brady Quinn.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

sean10mm posted:

Pennington's arm was perfectly fine but for the insane/terrible avalanche of injuries he had pretty much from the jump and rushing back from two rotator cuff tears.
The thing I remember most about him is him asking Ronnie Brown to pop his shoulder back in in the huddle. It's so surreal I thought I had just imagined it, but it's a thing that happened.

Edit: Also, shouldn't be Bradytar be wearing a creamsicle by now?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

thats cool as hell. the second one I mean

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Kawalimus posted:

Worst NFL game I attended was Colts@Ravens in 2007. Colts won running away from the very first series and there was a very cold, soaking rain. My dad and I left in the first quarter. Somewhere in that stadium im sure some poor kid was at their first Ravens game.

I enjoyed the tailgate far more then I enjoyed the 1 quarter of the game we stayed for

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Worst NFL game I've ever watched live was probably Jets-Cardinals in 2012, where the Jets won 7-6 despite 4 Mark Sanchez INTs in the first half after Greg McElroy came in and threw the game winning TD.

The worst NFL game I've ever attended was a few weeks after that. Jets lost to the Chargers 27-17 with McElroy making his first NFL start. He got sacked **11 loving times**, though all things considered the game was closer than I remember. The stadium was depressing too - I went with my Dad and I'm pretty sure our entire row was empty.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I was at the game when Miami unveiled the Wild Cat which wasn’t very fun as a Pats fan.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Chad Pennington's arm strength was fine before his shoulder disintegrated. The memory of noodle-armed Dolphins Pennington is so strong we kinda forget that in college/first 3-4 years with the Jets he was drat good.

shirts and skins posted:

The only worse NFl game I've seen was the Pit 3 Mia 0 mud bowl in 2007.

That game was awesome

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

I’ve watched the second one now at least 20 times and I have no loving clue what is going on or how he’s doing that. :psyduck:

This is more time or energy that anyone has ever spent on Zay Jones in his entire NFL career.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

fartknocker posted:

I’ve watched the second one now at least 20 times and I have no loving clue what is going on or how he’s doing that. :psyduck:

This is more time or energy that anyone has ever spent on Zay Jones in his entire NFL career.

It's clearly practiced, almost like a dance or gymnastics routine, and he uses the tips of his toes just like a gymnast would to balance on as he springs up and turns around. Still it's cool as hell and he's super good at it which makes it seem physically impossible

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
The worst NFL game I watched live was TNF 49ers-Cardinals in 2016.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201610060sfo.htm

Blaine Gabbert vs Drew Stanton, and two teams doing their damnedest to establish the run so everyone could go home. The game felt like it took 25 hours. It was just 4 yard run, 4 yard run, 4 yard run, 4 yard run, over and over and over and over. It was hypnotic.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Spoeank posted:

The worst NFL game I watched live

There's been so many prime time games, but how about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRynZ2xrWsI

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Probably one of the Saints games in Tiger Stadium in 2005. The games were miserable, the team was lousy, we weren’t sure if we were going to have a team next year, recovering from two hurricanes back to back...

They all just kind of sucked. At least the Miami game had half of us booing and half of us cheering new Dolphins coach Nick Saban.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

shirts and skins posted:

Hey, speaking of this game, Happy Birthday Kam Chancellor

https://twitter.com/FieldGulls/status/1246127013343023104?s=19

Text book how to tackle while taking a cut off angle. Squares his shoulders perfectly while his legs are 90 degrees open to the sideline then uses his agility to drive off the change of direction making it as good as if he was facing down field.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I saw the Jeff Tuel game.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
The worst game I've ever been to was a Chargers Broncos MNF game where Denver and Peyton came back from 24-0 halftime deficit and won 35-24.

I went with 3 Broncos fans.

It was hell.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...
Worst game in person? Fins at Cowboys, 20-0, with three missed Mare FGs and Marino stinking up the place with interceptions.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The worst game I went to in person was: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/199512030nwe.htm

1995, Saints @ Patriots.

lovely, cold, wet weather, the Pats stunk, and had no answer for loving Mario Bates.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

LiquidFriend posted:

Don't forget the epic duel of Matt Cassel and Brady Quinn.

Would you say that's worse or better than Matt Cassel vs Christian Ponder vs Josh Freeman?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

fartknocker posted:

After watching about as many times, this is my best guess for the biomechanics involved:

He shoves the ground, giving him the initial momentum

Bracing his core and flexing his back pulls his body upwards, with the boost from that shove

Weight crosses his knees, force transfers to his knee and he pushes off with his knees, transferring his weight to his toetips

While holding his body's flexing towards the back, he uses the second (knee) shove to stand up

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
I was at the Bills-Browns 6-3 game where the winning QB, one Derek Matthew Anderson, completed two (2) passes on seventeen (17) attempts for twenty-three (23) yards, zero (0) touchdowns, and one (1) interception. It is probably high in the running for worst game of professional American Football ever played, and I think that if the NFL was disbanded right after that game, the people who watched that travesty happen live would have been totally okay with it

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Worst game: October 2016, Patriots @ 49ers. game was fine, Patriots won, but it rained and was generally miserable.

Best game: February 2017, Patriots/Falcons. one of the best experiences of my life.

Yeah I've been to two NFL games.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
My favorite game was the one where the QB was 3 for 10 for 33 yards while being sacked 4 times for -23 yards and a lost fumble, they were outgained 422 yards to 47, and won 24-6. On the road.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Sheen Sheen posted:

I was at the Bills-Browns 6-3 game where the winning QB, one Derek Matthew Anderson, completed two (2) passes on seventeen (17) attempts for twenty-three (23) yards, zero (0) touchdowns, and one (1) interception. It is probably high in the running for worst game of professional American Football ever played, and I think that if the NFL was disbanded right after that game, the people who watched that travesty happen live would have been totally okay with it

For years, this has been my go-to for worst game I've ever watched and yet every single time I'm reminded of it, I'm somehow stunned anew that Derek Anderson won a game by going 2 of 17.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
The worst game I watched live was the Nathan Peterman game. My long, mentally-scarring history of watching terrible quarterbacks could not prepare me for Nathan loving Peterman.

Professor Funk posted:

Worst NFL game I've ever watched live was probably Jets-Cardinals in 2012, where the Jets won 7-6 despite 4 Mark Sanchez INTs in the first half after Greg McElroy came in and threw the game winning TD.

The worst NFL game I've ever attended was a few weeks after that. Jets lost to the Chargers 27-17 with McElroy making his first NFL start. He got sacked **11 loving times**, though all things considered the game was closer than I remember. The stadium was depressing too - I went with my Dad and I'm pretty sure our entire row was empty.
I was in a suicide pick'em that year and picked the Jets to win that game. I was so confident after that, because I had the Mike Smith juggernaut Falcons left to pick and I picked them the next week and they choked at home against one of those 8-8 Saints teams.
So yeah, I watched Greg McElroy play quarterback on national television, and he was better than Peterman.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

shirts and skins posted:

Pit 3 Mia 0 mud bowl in 2007.

:hmmyes:

*punt sticks in ground*

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

a neat cape posted:

The worst game I've ever been to was a Chargers Broncos MNF game where Denver and Peyton came back from 24-0 halftime deficit and won 35-24.

I went with 3 Broncos fans.

It was hell.
that game owned

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
The Ray Lucas 4 picks game sticks in my mind, and on googling it it gets even more depressing as he went through suicidal ideation and a painkiller addiction. He wasn't an NFL quarterback, but he definitely seemed like a decent guy and I'm now sad remembering all of this

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

here are the bears games i have been to in my life:

a game with Cade McNown (don't remember what it was)
Jonathan Quinn loses to the Eagles 19-9
Matt Barkley throws 5 interceptions against Washington in front of literally 10,000 people

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

sean10mm posted:

*punt sticks in ground*

That was the 1st game I went to after being deployed in a loving desert. It sucked but I missed home so much that I truly didn't care

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

sean10mm posted:

*punt sticks in ground*

I was through the looking glass of insanity by the 4th quarter. I was so loving mad when Pittsburgh kicked that field goal, I was rooting for a 0-0 tie in a wild fit of what I would now recognize as accelerationism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Admin Jeffrey just posted stats on: "which thread has the highest reply count / time open ratio?" TFF is apparently the King in that department.

pre:
+----------+--------+------------+---------------------------------------------------------------------------+----------+
| datespan | rate   | replycount | title                                                                     | threadid |
+----------+--------+------------+---------------------------------------------------------------------------+----------+
|     8636 | 0.4515 |       3899 | Sony E3 2014 Conference: Kaz Hirai's Twitter is Real                      |  3641829 |
|    20595 | 0.4358 |       8975 | Super Bowl 50 Official GDT: Poop and toenail fungus                       |  3763436 |
|    20450 | 0.3867 |       7909 | GB@SEA NFCCG GDT: Don't listen to 'em Marshawn, wear the gold cleats!     |  3695380 |
|     2577 | 0.3353 |        864 | Hello, posters of cspam.                                                  |  3909802 |
|    17306 | 0.3304 |       5718 | [Wildcard GDT] Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Cincinnati Bengals                 |  3759446 |
|    18962 | 0.3300 |       6258 | Super Bowl LIV GDT - You want the ball?                                   |  3913180 |
|    25152 | 0.3090 |       7772 | NFL Draft Game Day Thread 1st round ONLY                                  |  3632643 |
|    12717 | 0.2954 |       3757 | NFL Week 7: EARLY GAME MEGATHREAD GDT                                     |  3674327 |
|    18392 | 0.2875 |       5288 | The Ultimate Geezer Showdown: PV=nRT @ C39H60N8O13, AFC Championship Game |  3761457 |
|    19063 | 0.2810 |       5357 | NFL Week 1 Early GDT - CBS hopes you wanted to watch the Texans           |  3741616 |
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3899931&pagenumber=12#post503834427