Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UnknownTarget
Sep 5, 2019

Sent this to Bernie's campaign and I'm sure it'll get lost. Sent it to AOC's PAC campaign thing but I'm sure it'll get lost/ignored. So here it is, Internet void:

Good afternoon,
As a concerned citizen who was part of Occupy's formative moments, I wanted to express my thoughts and ideas on how people with a platform (i.e. yourself) can utilize the moment when the country finally feels the crushing weight of 6.6 million + unemployed citizens.

Occupy itself started when there were only maybe 600,000+ unemployed people. It is a veritable certainty that we will see large-scale unrest within the next few months due to similar issues of people being unable to feed themselves or house their families.

My objectives are threefold;
1) Take control of the message.
2) Use it to push a progressive agenda.
3) Ensure the survival of progressivism by improving the lives of the people who follow the movement.

To accomplish the above objectives, my strategy is as follows:

1) Message:

Form a corporation and ask for bailout funds. Make "employment" in this (legally real) corporation open to anyone who applies.

Use the corporation to provide health insurance to its employees, using Federal bailout money.
The message - that corporations get better treatment than people - is now captured. We can prove that not only is it true, but we are gamifying the system to accomplish objective #3.

2) Push a progressive agenda:

Make progressive corporate policies. Women as part of the board, healthcare for all employees, and a commitment to Earth-friendly living (let's call it Earth-friendly instead of "green", which is overplayed and meaningless).
Now, anyone who wants to join the corporation to get all these benefits does so knowing that this corporation is pushing progressive values.
Everyone in the corporation gets the same amount of shares and everyone has a vote on the board.

3) Ensure progressivism's survival and the betterment of lives.

The corporation should focus on providing healthcare, housing, etc. by purchasing those items from other suppliers, using government bailout money and donations, and giving them to its employees - again, reiterating that employment is open to everyone.
This will fix one of the fundamental flaws in Occupy: all they did was yell and take up park space. Occupy did not use the fact that they essentially controlled large areas of land to explore progressive ideas and methods of operation. This corporation fixes that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

This is bizarre and I have no idea why you think the fake corporation would receive bail-out funds.

Morbus
May 18, 2004

Ytlaya posted:

This is bizarre and I have no idea why you think the fake corporation would receive bail-out funds.

One Weird Trick to subvert capitalism--Shareholders hate him!

UnknownTarget
Sep 5, 2019

Well, since it's a registered corporation...the only legitimate reason I can think of is that IIRC the company had to have payroll from last year.

But a lot of it is about the narrative. If a bailout thing works, great.

UnknownTarget fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Apr 3, 2020

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice

UnknownTarget posted:

Well, since it's a registered corporation...the only legitimate reason I can think of is that IIRC the company had to have payroll from last year.

But a lot of it is about the narrative. If a bailout thing works, great.

It won't work. The new bailout thing is a loan program, and to be eligible from a loan from the Fed, the company is going to have to have good credit already. The idea behind the bill is to get money to companies that were otherwise doing ok before the virus and the response to it hurt the economy.

If your new company doesn't have any credit or is a bad credit risk, the government isn't going to give you money.

Epicurius fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Apr 4, 2020

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

To clarify, do you think that every corporation gets bailout money and that the bailout is a gift?

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Baron Porkface posted:

To clarify, do you think that every corporation gets bailout money and that the bailout is a gift?

No to the first part. But absolutely yes to the second.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Frankly, I think the point of the bailout thing is more that you could put the government in a very awkward position by very loudly and angrily asking for that with more people going "hell yeah" than laughing at you, than that it would have any realistic chance of working. It's essentially applying trolling tactics as a political strategy, and I mean, gently caress, the right sure manages to make that work out for them, why not us too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MixMasterMalaria
Jul 26, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

Magic Leap